Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
TV A Tribute to Billy Mays

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

Avatar: 150883 2010-01-24 16:20:22 -0500

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

you still go on here you old **** just die already

I remember waking up on a saturday morning as a child and being excited to turn on the television. Not to watch cartoons or some cheesy kids show. I would flip it straight to CNBC and see what new amazing products were out on the market. I would sit there for hours periodically switching over and watching cartoons for a while. I could rarely last through the repetetiveness of a full length infomercial. There was one voice, however, that kept my hand away from the remote for a full 30 minutes.

In a world dominated by men like Ron Popeil and Anthony Sullivan, one man stood apart and made a name for himself in a new way. Yelling at the top of his lungs the whole time. I remember first noticing him on an oxyclean commercial when I was at the tender age of 9. My mom ended up ordering a giant tub of oxyclean as well as some orange glo. The products never seemed to work like they did on the infomercials, but that’s not Billy’s fault. Not everyone can have his magic touch.

On a recent episode of the show Pitchmen, Billy was pitched a product by a teenage boy. It was a good product, but his family didn’t have enough money to develop the invention. Billy and his partner on the show, Anthony SUllivan, gave the boy and his family money out of their own pockets to develop the product. If there’s anything I took out of the show Pitchmen about Billy, it’s that he had pride in his work. Too often today you see people doing a half-bumed job just so they can get it over with and get paid. Not Billy. If a product didn’t do what it said it would do, he’d turn it down. That’s a lesson that kids today could stand to learn.

As I sit here, I can’t help but contemplate how quiet my Saturday mornings will be from now on. Without Billy Mays there to keep me company, it won’t really feel like the weekend at all. The world of infomercials has lost its king today. Ijust feel blessed that I was able to spend so many Saturday mornings with Billy when I was younger. That’s why Billy’s death has effected me the most out of all of these recent deaths (Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson). Billy Mays touched me as a child in a place that Michael Jackson never could. My heart.

TylerP223

[WeChall]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

It’s kinda sad that OxyScream himself died, I mean sure he was kinda annoying but at least he was better than that SlapChop guy, plus some of those demos he was involved with will always stick out in my mind. Like that one for Mighty Putty Wood, after I saw that I wanted to buy some of that **** if it could do that for real…. I wonder what will happen to Pitchmen and OxyClean?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

what is this? I’m going to start watching my step, lots of people have been dieing lately.

RIP billy mays, that sham wow bumhole will never be able to live up to you.

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

I just learned about it about 10 minutes ago. I’m not even American, I only ever saw his stuff though the wonders of the internet. I feel pretty ****ing bummed out. Actally a little upset, that kinda choked up feeling. He was awesome and damn could he put a smile on your face. **** if I was over there I would buy a **** load of Kaboom in his honour right now.

Looks kinda like an unlucky way to go too. Apparently he was stuck on the head by luggage on a flight previously and complained to his wife about feeling dizzy and faint the evening/night he died.

You’ll be missed buddy.

Ranmyaku Ara-
shi

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

And the world of infomercials just became much duller.

God speed Billy Mays.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

ERECTILE_DEATH Posted:

I remember waking up on a saturday morning as a child and being excited to turn on the television. Not to watch cartoons or some cheesy kids show. I would flip it straight to CNBC and see what new amazing products were out on the market. I would sit there for hours periodically switching over and watching cartoons for a while. I could rarely last through the repetetiveness of a full length infomercial. There was one voice, however, that kept my hand away from the remote for a full 30 minutes.

In a world dominated by men like Ron Popeil and Anthony Sullivan, one man stood apart and made a name for himself in a new way. Yelling at the top of his lungs the whole time. I remember first noticing him on an oxyclean commercial when I was at the tender age of 9. My mom ended up ordering a giant tub of oxyclean as well as some orange glo. The products never seemed to work like they did on the infomercials, but that’s not Billy’s fault. Not everyone can have his magic touch.

On a recent episode of the show Pitchmen, Billy was pitched a product by a teenage boy. It was a good product, but his family didn’t have enough money to develop the invention. Billy and his partner on the show, Anthony SUllivan, gave the boy and his family money out of their own pockets to develop the product. If there’s anything I took out of the show Pitchmen about Billy, it’s that he had pride in his work. Too often today you see people doing a half-bumed job just so they can get it over with and get paid. Not Billy. If a product didn’t do what it said it would do, he’d turn it down. That’s a lesson that kids today could stand to learn.

As I sit here, I can’t help but contemplate how quiet my Saturday mornings will be from now on. Without Billy Mays there to keep me company, it won’t really feel like the weekend at all. The world of infomercials has lost its king today. Ijust feel blessed that I was able to spend so many Saturday mornings with Billy when I was younger. That’s why Billy’s death has effected me the most out of all of these recent deaths (Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson). Billy Mays touched me as a child in a place that Michael Jackson never could. My heart.

I don’t think I could have said it any better than you did. We have one less good man to work with on this dirtball.

odinthecrab

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Billy Mays will forever be in my heart.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

50 is the magical year. Better watch out.

GOLDENSAUSAGE

Avatar: 63088 Thu Nov 20 00:23:00 -0500 2008

[Domination Nation]

Level 45 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

GOLDENSAUSAGE edited this message on 07/08/2009 3:58AM

I still miss him. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!