Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Screw Michael Jackson, BILLY MAYS IS DEAD.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

Sorry for the ****ty source, but go look throughout the rest of the interwebz. Billy Mays is dead. This thread is for mourning the loss of a great man, and a great Pitchman.

Kilroy edited this message on 06/28/2009 12:39PM

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Give it a week before the “HI BILLY MAYS HERE” ghost.

In all seriousness, tis a sad day.

Chronic-Boy

Avatar: 128365 2009-10-31 08:19:01 -0400

[WeChallNot]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

who is billy mays??

tbh i dont care about either of them dying cause i dont know them.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Chawin Posted:

Give it a week before the “HI BILLY MAYS HERE” ghost.

In all seriousness, tis a sad day.

I thought this was a joke, what the hell?

What is going on?

Between David Carradine, Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, it’s a bad time to be a celebrity.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Shii Posted:

I thought this was a joke, what the hell?

What is going on?

Between David Carradine, Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, it’s a bad time to be a celebrity.

No kidding!

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

No amount of Mighty Putty can mend my broken heart.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Sham-woah! I’m in shock. WTF

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Proposing ALLCAPS day in his memory (yes even in CD) COme on mods give us the go ahead.

Jim McPerson

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Who?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

all this celebrity mourning is very special.

pay attention to stuff that matters, not celebrities.

every person is of value but the ludicrous amount of attention society gives to celebs is concerning.

i’m not saying ‘don’t mourn losing a human life, especially one that brought joy to people’ but more like ‘thousands of people including children pbum every day, remember that when you go to the effort of posting HURP THE MAN ON THE TV BOX BE DED WHAT A LOSS TO THE WORLD on your facebooks’

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

all this celebrity mourning is very special.

pay attention to stuff that matters, not celebrities.

every person is of value but the ludicrous amount of attention society gives to celebs is concerning.

i’m not saying ‘don’t mourn losing a human life, especially one that brought joy to people’ but more like ‘thousands of people including children pbum every day, remember that when you go to the effort of posting HURP THE MAN ON THE TV BOX BE DED WHAT A LOSS TO THE WORLD on your facebooks’

Don’t hate; the world lost a shining star this morning Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

When it comes to tabloids and non-tabloid articles about their likes and dislikes, I agree with you.

When it comes to mourning their deaths, though — while hundreds of thousands of people die daily, almost none of them have a direct impact on any given individual’s life. Celebrities, though, have an impact on thousands or even millions of people’s lives, because the celebrities brought something to those people, whether they knew them personally or not.

The pitchman dies, meaning I’ll never again be able to enjoy watching him advertise something. The musician dies, meaning I’ll never get to enjoy new music that he might have produced. The actress dies, meaning I’ll never be able to watch her act in another movie. These are things which impact me directly (to various degrees).

But 3000 people dying in a country I’m never going to visit? While that’s much more horrible from a humanitarian point of view, the direct impact on my life is nil.

Hence, mourning celebrities, but not unknowns, despite the numbers.

Robok

Avatar: 97222 2010-01-07 13:42:28 -0500

[The old goats have-
the stiffest horns
]

Level 40 Troll

I LOVE FALCON!

Billy Mays was a very close friend of mine.

You will forever be missedLog in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

MC Banhammer Posted:

When it comes to tabloids and non-tabloid articles about their likes and dislikes, I agree with you.

When it comes to mourning their deaths, though — while hundreds of thousands of people die daily, almost none of them have a direct impact on any given individual’s life. Celebrities, though, have an impact on thousands or even millions of people’s lives, because the celebrities brought something to those people, whether they knew them personally or not.

The pitchman dies, meaning I’ll never again be able to enjoy watching him advertise something. The musician dies, meaning I’ll never get to enjoy new music that he might have produced. The actress dies, meaning I’ll never be able to watch her act in another movie. These are things which impact me directly (to various degrees).

But 3000 people dying in a country I’m never going to visit? While that’s much more horrible from a humanitarian point of view, the direct impact on my life is nil.

Hence, mourning celebrities, but not unknowns, despite the numbers.

That’s something i was neglecting to mention because it counters my argument entirely.

However, the recordings of the musician and performer will last forever so they are as close to immortal as it gets. The stuff that made them worth recognizing doesn’t die like they do.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Celebrities are overvalued because the most they contribute is a distraction from our lives. And they are worshiped as minor deities.

thisnamehasa-
lreadybeenta-
ken

Avatar: 186403 Wed Jul 01 20:19:39 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

My dreams of Vince, Sullivan, and Mays being together in an infomercial exravaganza have been dashed! Log in to see images!

Crocen

[Tormenting Evil Kn-
uckles of Satan
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

That’s something i was neglecting to mention because it counters my argument entirely.

However, the recordings of the musician and performer will last forever so they are as close to immortal as it gets. The stuff that made them worth recognizing doesn’t die like they do.

until all electronics are destroyed and the small number of hard copies plus the thing that can be powered along with the correct working system and people who have all of them shall be so tiny that they shall hardly be remembered.

To the future!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

didn’t we have a “guess the next celebrity to die” pool here? what happened to that?

pbwhiteboy

Level 19 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Ya i was very shocked by billy. i mean if he could have advertised something that saves lifes maybe i wouldn’t be missing him

whopperhusse-
in09

[WeChall]

Level 17 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

IT WAS VINCE! IT WAS VINCE!

But in all seriousness, it was a sad day for the informercial business. I hope you’re happy Vince!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!