Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Barely Legal's Trophies

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

Bigguyinblack Posted:

I’m confused by this thread. BL isn’t asking for more rewards for taking advantage of the odd way the bracket system works. She took advantage of the situation yes, But while ET may or may not remove the extra trophies depending on whether it was a result of a bug or a feature it’s not our place to complain or to pretend that we wouldn’t do the same thing.

QFT

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Bigguyinblack Posted:

I’m confused by this thread. BL isn’t asking for more rewards for taking advantage of the odd way the bracket system works. She took advantage of the situation yes, But while ET may or may not remove the extra trophies depending on whether it was a result of a bug or a feature it’s not our place to complain or to pretend that we wouldn’t do the same thing.

Don’t be confused. You understand e-peen, if you didn’t you wouldn’t have friended every damn person in the game. People would ignore, or not care so much, about the buggy things if there wasn’t a very specific reward system and a certain ‘wow!’ factor. When a batter uses a corked bat it calls into question their whole game. Doesn’t matter if they are the best damn slugger out there, a shadow is cast and people will wonder what has been real.

The thread is quite old and was dragged back up after the same bug/feature happened again. I agree, as long as it’s legit and ET/CZ knows, all is fair, but that doesn’t mean that the e-peen players aren’t going to be ****y about it, because it puts a different spin on Domination. A leader board was created. There is a special reward for most trophies. Of course there are going to be players who are annoyed that this loophole exists (or existed), and that the player using the loophole seems to have a certain e-peen locked down.

No, BL isn’t asking for more rewards for taking advantage of the odd way the bracket system works. Why would he ask for more rewards? The reward was already given in the form of medals awarded and the “most medals” e-peen.

This loophole is supposedly closed now, so only time will tell how much impact good pods had. *shrug*

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

scullyangel Posted:

When a batter uses a corked bat it calls into question their whole game. Doesn’t matter if they are the best damn slugger out there, a shadow is cast and people will wonder what has been real.

A leader board was created. There is a special reward for most trophies. Of course there are going to be players who are annoyed that this loophole exists (or existed), and that the player using the loophole seems to have a certain e-peen locked down.

And this is exactly why I brought it up the first time as a question rather than an exploit. Was Barely_Legal a great Domination player or just been around longer than most of us?

He answered that question in a post and after I posted my research into where each of his medals came from he said that it wasn’t his fault he was matched up with non-medal winners. However, it was his choice to play for medals in those brackets. This is what I am calling into question — Barely_legal’s choices.

Then as a consolation to other “up and coming” Domination players who are fighting the best they can for one or two trophies every week Barely_Legal publicly posted in this thread that “he would retire for a while” to let some of the other players catch up and make it a real competition. He did not hold true to that word again by choice.

I’m sorry that you feel like you are “just another player” here n00b65 but you aren’t. Like I said a while back to you in a tubmail your position holds you to a higher level of scrutiny (as a forum mod and the medal leader) and you have to expect that people will be watching you.

jpsteel edited this message on 04/03/2008 5:12PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!