Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Help me improve my submissions?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I worked hard on (Warning:NSFW) this but it still got downvoted to -5, Not, I believe, due to downvoters, but due to a perceived lack of quality.

I’d love any constructive feedback on why you would downvote it over, say, images w/o sex (given the title includes “orgies” ) or one without any images whatsoever. Thanks.

Evil Chawin

Avatar: 168226 Fri Aug 21 12:36:45 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Evil Chawin edited this message on 08/21/2009 12:31PM

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

um, the edges of the shooped in pics looked kind of bad.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

the content is fine but the quality of presentation is not. too pixelated and aliased.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

voted against, because it was from you no but because of the resolution and the different styles of images.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

which is too bad because it was kind of funny. At least 8X funnier than the ones left.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I tried hard to get that pixillation out of there, but the only tool I have is MS Paint Log in to see images! I spent a long time putting the gray around the shooped-in images, but apparently it cut off too much.

Ah well. Maybe sometime I’ll get it right.

Aldo_Anything

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I tried hard to get that pixillation out of there, but the only tool I have is MS Paint Log in to see images! I spent a long time putting the gray around the shooped-in images, but apparently it cut off too much.

Ah well. Maybe sometime I’ll get it right.

If you don’t have or want to spend money on PhotoShop, use Gimp. It’s free and has some nice features. http://www.gimp.org/

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I guess the best advice is to use a clearly copyrighted image from Amazon.com for your picture despite having to click the “I swear this is public domain blah blah blah” check box before submitting.

I mean, once you earn the free scoops, who cares if the image is removed, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Species-Illustrated-Charles-Darwin/dp/1402756399/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246158923&sr=8-4

Aldo_Anything

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

scully Posted:

I guess the best advice is to use a clearly copyrighted image from Amazon.com for your picture despite having to click the “I swear this is public domain blah blah blah” check box before submitting.

I mean, once you earn the free scoops, who cares if the image is removed, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Species-Illustrated-Charles-Darwin/dp/1402756399/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246158923&sr=8-

This is the sad truth about most entries and some winners. We need equal opportunities for itembuildr.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

scully Posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Species-Illustrated-Charles-Darwin/dp/1402756399/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246158923&sr=8-

That’s why I’ve stopped bothering with Itembuildr. Why should I waste my time when I have no chance against cheaters anyway and CZ doesn’t care?

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Aldo_Anything Posted:

If you don’t have or want to spend money on PhotoShop, use Gimp. It’s free and has some nice features. http://www.gimp.or /

That and Paint.Net, simpler than a ‘proper’ image editor, but much better than MS Paint (supports layers, transparency, more features etc.

I find some stuff easier to do in Paint.Net, other stuff easier to do in Gimp. They are both eminently superior to MS Paint, and both free to download.

As to the submission… yeah, I’m going to guess it’s basically because of all the harsh pixelling around the edges of the pictures you’ve dropped in. A good idea badly executed is still a bad submission. On the other hand a poor/unoriginal idea that’s carried off with a fair degree of quality will pick up votes. Ain’t it fun.

The only way to fight this is with our collective voting power… bumuming enough people give a **** that is. Just vote down anything that appears more than once in the entries (because that means 2 people found the same pre-made image) or anything you can find on the first page of a Google Image search for the item described, and make it less profitable to post that ****.

NB. I make exceptions for edited copies of unoriginal subs – if you took the time to shop it into something better then the only problem is the copyright engreat timesbrance which… I’ll be honest, I’m not all that bothered by when it comes to “who made the best picture”.

man-man edited this message on 06/28/2009 7:07AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Thanks for the links, guys. I’ll try them out next time I have a killer idea for an image Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think being slightly NSFW might be part of it. I would have voted against that on grounds of low resolution, pixels but I might have considered whether or not it was worksafe. I know I have down-voted blatantly NSFW icons like “Crotchless Panties” had I been around when it went to the ballot box.

Frankly, I don’t completely understand the “taste” of some of the high voting submissions here. Sometimes, lowbrow/crude jokes are enthusiastically supported, sometimes it’s obvious satire, other times subtle satire…I guess the reason why is it’s not always the same people who vote on items each week, and each person has a different level of experience when it comes to humour.

A lot of the stuff for ex-Anonymous or ex-Goons might seem blatantly unfunny or juvenile when submitted here, but to other folks who just graduated from 4Kids.tv it might be more hilarious than mold on sliced bread.

I mean, that ASCII forum has been submitted every week, and there’s never been consistency with how well it’s been voted.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!