Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Leaderboard Retirement

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Obviously you can’t retire someone as soon as they get the peen for a leaderboard because there would be 365 people receiving each peen every year. It would give some of the newer players a chance to top leaderboards if the person topping it was removed after being #1 for 30 consecutive days or something. Personally I’d like to see this more than milestone peens as it solves the problem of leaderboard hogging without forcing someone to stop playing an area of the game, but still requires some effort to obtain.

kittiejenn edited this message on 06/27/2009 7:15AM

**** Corp

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Great way to give credit for the idea, kittiejenn.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

kittiejenn Posted:

Obviously you can’t retire someone as soon as they get the peen for a leaderboard because there would be 365 people receiving each peen every year. It would be fantastic and give some of the newer players a chance to top leaderboards if the person topping it was removed after being #1 for 30 consecutive days or something. Personally I’d like to see this more than milestone peens as it solves the problem of leaderboard hogging without forcing someone to stop playing an area of the game, but still requires some effort to obtain.

imo this is an excellent suggestion for boards where scores may only go up.

for buildr score, popularity, and Hall of **** votes, the removal should not be forced

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Supported.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Milestones would be great, or the 30 day idea. They don’t have to be removed, but if you put a little marker beside ther name which says that they’ve held it for 30 days and then remove them from the peen calculations just to give others a chance.

To repeat what has already been said, it’s discouraging to newer players to see a 10 point gap which is completely insurmountable without the player above them quitting for a time. Ricket is just playing the game normally so he shouldn’t be penalized for that, but at the same time, why should everyone who started playing after him be penalized for that and unable to get that peen?

And for the inevitable outcry of “Hey, we worked for our peens, so can you” I am working for my peens, and by the grace of joining later, many are forever unavailable and to get Leaderboard peens I have to work many times harder. A score of 71 could have won someone a peen early on when now they need over 2000 and more each day, it’s a matter of timing.

I’m a completionist when it comes to games and I like stupid game achievements. I’m not the only one and it would be nice for the peens to seem reasonable through hard work, not hard work and a killing spree.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’d like to see both.

Milestone peen, all added together, would equal slightly less than the current leaderboard peen.

Revalue the leaderboard peen to a smaller number and award all the qualifying milestone peen to anyone who currently holds it (if someone holding the leaderboard peen doesn’t meet the criteria for one of the milestone peen, they’d still have to earn it)

Then, award someone else the leaderboard peen each month, who doesn’t currently hold it.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

People need to stop trying to take my leaderboard away from me. Log in to see images!

Srsly though, if something like this were implemented, I’d just drop down until I’m ~3 visits ahead of Grendel, so we’d just continually pbum each other every few days, and neither of us would reach the 30 day limit.

When you start handing out the top leaderboard spots because person X has worked pretty hard, but not actually beaten the top player, you make the top spot effectively meaningless.

This change also wouldn’t make much sense, because the most forums pwned leaderboard builds far more quickly than folks could be retired from it. The top players have thousands of visits up there. A new player isn’t going to get there any time soon. You’ll just be rewarding different oldfabulous persons.

Ricket is just playing the game normally so he shouldn’t be penalized for that, but at the same time, why should everyone who started playing after him be penalized for that and unable to get that peen?

Because you didn’t earn it. You didn’t start playing when I did, and you didn’t put in the effort I did (no matter how little you might claim it requires). Is that fair? Not really. And I don’t think it needs to be.

Ricket edited this message on 06/27/2009 7:48AM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Ricket Posted:

Because you didn’t earn it. You didn’t start playing when I did, and you didn’t put in the effort I did (no matter how little you might claim it requires). Is that fair? Not really. And I don’t think it needs to be.

And the elitism shows. Why should it be fair that you found the game sooner and you let no one else get the peen?

Anyway, I’d still like to see milestones. Leader boards should of never had peens tied to em in the first place but Log in to see images!

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

And the elitism shows. Why should it be fair that you found the game sooner and you let no one else get the peen?

Never hid that, Crinkz. Check every leaderboard retirement thread I’ve posted in. I’m notoriously unapologetic about my position.

Also, I said it isn’t fair. I also said I don’t think it needs to be.

The way that leaderboard’s designed, I’m leading it. That might change if I lose interest in running my visits. I didn’t always top that leaderboard, you know. When I started playing, Paraone was at the top with something like 500 visits. He stopped playing when Episode 2 rolled. The most pwned board is a low-turnover board, but the leader does change eventually.

Ricket edited this message on 06/27/2009 8:02AM

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Ricket Posted:

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Actually, I did put in the effort you did, more in fact, since you quite likely got the peen before hitting the 900 visits I currently have, and when I do put in the exact amount you have currently put in I still will not have earned it. I could play this game for 18 more years and still not have earned it based only on my having joined after you.

I don’t think you should be removed from the Leaderboard, that’s a male reproductive organ move, you can have your Leaderboard position since you did earn that. I only used that one as an example, but INCIT wins would become winnable if the top person without the peen were to be awarded it every month. I’m just saying make one shot peens one shot peens and make all other peens accessible to all players (in theory) without having to disrupt the playing styles of anyone else.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Agreeing to KJ. It may not be true for all peens, but look at the Best Auctioneer Leaderboard.

People on top can concentrate on other things and still do Kyoubai, so that peen is out of reach. Just like the Flamebate peen – if some huge threads wouldn’t have been deleted. The other half got the peen when it was awarded by clbum or in the first hours/days, when the requirements were different.

Goals should be reachable, even if it takes long.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Dunatis Posted:

Actually, I did put in the effort you did, more in fact, since you quite likely got the peen before hitting the 900 visits I currently have, and when I do put in the exact amount you have currently put in I still will not have earned it. I could play this game for 18 more years and still not have earned it based only on my having joined after you.

I don’t think you’ve earned it yet by your standards, as about ~1000 visits ago, episode 2 rolled out, and I wasn’t at the top of the board then. But I see the point you’re getting at, I just don’t think it’s particularly valid. The goal is “beat the leader” not “match the leader’s effort when they first became the leader” though I’d probably get behind something like that before milestones or forced retirement. Like, say, a half-length peen for getting to that point.

Also, if either of us are still playing in 18 years, we need serious help. Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Goals should be reachable, even if it takes long.

All goals are reachable. I, and everyone else ahead of you on every leaderboard can’t play this game forever.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

but then the leaderboard lose its most basic, original purpose. which is a hi-score table.

you’ll see the leaderboard and you won’t be sure if the #1 on the leaderboard is actually the #1 player in that category.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Inertia Posted:

but then the leaderboard lose its most basic, original purpose. which is a hi-score table.

you’ll see the leaderboard and you won’t be sure if the #1 on the leaderboard is actually the #1 player in that category.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

100% true which is why I’m arguing not a change to the Leaderboard, but a change to how and when the Leaderboard peens are given out. I don’t want JayZJay retired from the Best Bidder Leaderboard, I just want to get the peen to acknowledge the effort I’ve put into it, which is currently more than anyone but JayZJay, at which point I actually want to never touch Kyoubai ever again… If given out every month it would take 3 months for myself, quangtenemy then Vageena Davis to receive it and seeing it as attainable again others would start trying.

Since more people are joining every day it would give them something else to strive for at end game instead of making the Leaderboard Peen “Oldfabulous person” exclusive, even if ones such as Job Points and Forums pwned will likely be forever out of reach.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I kind of agree with Ricket.

I don’t want an achievement lowered in stature just to coddle the players who feel slighted. If an oldfabulous person has the leaderboard, they deserve the spot.

I’ve also never understood the point of “retire the leaderboard so no one can get it.”

That’s absolutely, 100% moronic. It’s saying, “Let’s take a board that has a low possibility of ever changing” and make it “Let’s have a board with no possibility whatsoever of changing.” And that’s an improvement HOW? Because you can stop working for it? Please.

I’ve been working towards the #1 buildr board for nearly a year now. Plk still has like 16 weeks head start on me, but I don’t plan on quitting until I pbum her. If someone finally just up and retired her from head spot, and started giving the lower players peens, it would devalue the achievement. I want to legitimately beat the #1, I don’t want to get the “congrats,-you’re-in-second-place-but-we-feel-sorry-for-you” peen.

Quit bellyaching and just hope Ricket gets bored sometime.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

One thing I would like to see is something come of all these threads.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Adapt Posted:

One thing I would like to see is something come of all these threads.

What if they’re fine the way they are? I don’t want something to come out of it just for change’s sake. That’s what Obama does, and see how well it’s working?

Change just for change’s sake is a bad idea. Leave the leaderboards alone. (I’d be fine with milestone peens though, just more peenage for me. Log in to see images!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Shii Posted:

What if they’re fine the way they are? I don’t want something to come out of it just for change’s sake. That’s what Obama does, and see how well it’s working?

Change just for change’s sake is a bad idea. Leave the leaderboards alone. (I’d be fine with milestone peens though, just more peenage for me. Log in to see images!

But I do what them to change. That’s what I’m saying, I want to see something change. We make a lot of threads about how it should be, but nothing ever happens.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Shii Posted:

This is not change for changes sake, and this issue wouldn’t have come up N+1 times if it was. We have a real problem that needs to be addressed – a lack of attainable (and interesting) goals for new (and old) players.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I think kittiejenn was thinking about the peens and nobody really wants the Leaderboard changed for the Leaderboard sake. It should stay as it is.

The question here is about the peens and their attainability. Otherwise even people who make it to the top of a Leaderboard due to retirement will be retired themselves which would make that a hollow victory for anyone and pointless to try and attain since your victory will be removed. But making the peens more attainable only very slightly devalues their worth overall but would give everyone something they could possibly work towards with better odds for anyone who has been here longer just form regular play.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!