Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ When did the re-re avatar change?

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I pointed someone I know towards the homepage ‘cause they asked what I was playing when I mentioned some stuff, and they were taking the questions rather seriously (because they’re like that).

To remind myself of what the questions are and what it’s supposedly finding out about you from them I ran through the process myself in 30 seconds flat… but since when was the “Jimmy the re-re” avatar the cartoon permanoob face? I remember the guy with boogers all hanging out all over the place… looked like a real re-re.

Well… whatever, but I know I was more shocked first time around by Mr. Boogerface than the generic permanoob image.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

man-man Posted:

I know I was more shocked first time around by Mr. Boogerface than the generic permanoob image.

Believe it or not, that’s exactly why it was changed. CZ did some market research and determined that more people signed up when presented with the cartoon avatar than the cool one.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Huh… well, some people cannot take a joke.

You’d think after being asked to describe the smell of faeces, and pick “the best square” that people might catch on to the fact that the questions aren’t actually any kind of personality test.

Didn’t take me longer than the next pageload if I recall correctly… I mean there’s the initial “umm… what?” moment, but … eughh, people are dumb. If it keeps recruitment rates up then do what you gotta do, but seriously… people are dumb.

thisnamehasa-
lreadybeenta-
ken

Avatar: 186403 Wed Jul 01 20:19:39 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Hence why everyone starts as a Re-Re, right?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

so now that it has been changed for a while, how are the new sign-up numbers looking?

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

When it was changed, a lot of people were saying Jimmy was funnier (and besides, a Permanoob’s not quite the same as a Re-Re). I’d be all in favour of bringing Jimmy back *without* the mucus.

I know I’m not the only person who was annoyed when I ‘didn’t get the clbum I wanted’. It was a relief when Excre-bot bumured me I could change it later.

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

I’ve shown this game to a few people, and all of them never made it past the fact that they ‘didn’t get the clbum they wanted’.

I just take it as a sign that this probably isn’t the best game/environment for them if they can’t get by something stupid like that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!