Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Sex offenders forced to live under a bridge.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

This is an old article, but I’m posting it anyway.

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) — The sparkling blue waters off Miami’s Julia Tuttle Causeway look as if they were taken from a postcard. But the causeway’s only inhabitants see little paradise in their surroundings.

Five men — all registered sex offenders convicted of abusing children — live along the causeway because there is a housing shortage for Miami’s least welcome residents.

“I got nowhere I can go!” says sex offender Rene Matamoros, who lives with his dog on the shore where Biscayne Bay meets the causeway.

The Florida Department of Corrections says there are fewer and fewer places in Miami-Dade County where sex offenders can live because the county has some of the strongest restrictions against this kind of criminal in the country.

Florida’s solution: house the convicted felons under a bridge that forms one part of the causeway.

The Julia Tuttle Causeway, which links Miami to Miami Beach, offers no running water, no electricity and little protection from nasty weather. It’s not an ideal solution, Department of Corrections Officials told CNN, but at least the state knows where the sex offenders are.

Nearly every day a state probation officer makes a predawn visit to the causeway. Those visits are part of the terms of the offenders’ probation which mandates that they occupy a residence from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

But what if a sex offender can’t find a place to live?

That is increasingly the case, say state officials, after several Florida cities enacted laws that prohibit convicted sexual offenders from living within 2,500 feet of schools, parks and other places where children might gather. (Watch one sex offender describe how he was forced to give up an apartment Video)

Bruce Grant of the Florida Department of Corrections said the laws have not only kept sex offenders away from children but forced several to live on the street.

“Because of those restrictions, because there are many places that children congregate, because of 2,500 feet, that’s almost half a mile, that’s a pretty long way when you are talking about an urban area like Miami, so it isn’t surprising that we say we are trying but we don’t have a place for these people to live in,” Grant said.

For several of the offenders, the causeway is their second experience at homelessness. Some of them lived for months in a lot near downtown Miami until officials learned that the lot bordered a center for sexually abused children.

Trudy Novicki, executive director of Kristi House, said the offenders’ presence put the center’s children at risk. “It was very troublesome to learn that across the street there are people who are sex offenders that could be a danger to our children,” she said.

Keeping the rats off

With nowhere to put these men, the Department of Corrections moved them under the Julia Tuttle Causeway. With the roar of cars pbuming overhead, convicted sex offender Kevin Morales sleeps in a chair to keep the rats off him.

“The rodents come up next to you, you could be sleeping the whole night and they could be nibbling on you,” he said.

Morales has been homeless and living under the causeway for about three weeks. He works, has a car and had a rented apartment but was forced to move after the Department of Corrections said a swimming pool in his building put him too close to children.

The convicted felons may not be locked up anymore, but they say it’s not much of an improvement.

“Jail is anytime much better than this, than the life than I’m living here now,” Morales said. “[In jail] I can sleep better. I get fed three times a day. I can shower anytime that I want to.”

Morales said that harsher laws and living conditions for sex offenders may have unintended consequences.

“The tougher they’re making these laws unfortunately it’s scaring offenders and they’re saying, ‘You know what, the best thing for me to do is run,’” Morales said.

A Miami Herald investigation two years ago found that 1,800 sex offenders in Florida were unaccounted for after violating probation.

Florida’s system for monitoring them needs to be fixed, says state Senator Dave Aronberg, who proposed a bill to increase electronic monitoring and create a uniform statewide limit that would keep them 1,500 feet away from places where children go.

‘We need to know where these people are at all times,” Aronberg said after CNN invited him to tour the bridge where the sex offenders live. “We need residency restrictions, but just don’t have this hodgepodge of every city having something different.”

State officials say unless the law changes their hands are tied, and for now the sex offenders will stay where they are: under a bridge in the bay.

Link.

Now, I COULD share how much of an insult this is to the justice system…but instead, this is way more awesome:

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

If you enjoy a child you should never complain about your lot. I know that not every one of them are monsters, but the monsters are there nonetheless. Why should I pity them? If they can’t find a place to live, then maybe the most humane thing to do is put them down like the dogs they are.

Bullets are cheap.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

“The tougher they’re making these laws unfortunately it’s scaring offenders and they’re saying, ‘You know what, the best thing for me to do is run,’” Morales said.

No. The best thing for you to do is never have touched a child in the first place.

I really don’t understand the point of this article. Are we supposed to feel pity for these people, or is this article calling for longer prison sentences in this case, to keep them off the streets, both figuratively & literally?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

If you enjoy a child you should never complain about your lot. I know that not every one of them are monsters, but the monsters are there nonetheless. Why should I pity them? If they can’t find a place to live, then maybe the most humane thing to do is put them down like the dogs they are.

Bullets are cheap.

First of all, this is a complete mockery of the Justice system. If I was being forced to live in these conditions, my first thought would be to do something to go back to jail – hell, I might even do something to a kid, just to say “**** you” to the ones who put me there. Applying punishments worse than prison, AFTER PRISON, lacks any semblance of common sense.

Second, you should pity them because they’re human beings, and it’s the empathetic thing to do. Yes, some of these guys would go back and repeat their crimes – however, a lot of sex offenders are men who made a mistake, but have served their time and want to get back to their lives (hence, why they don’t land themselves back in prison). In fact, I’d go as far as to say that forcing somebody to live without food, water, electricity, and even SHELTER violates Eighth Amendment rights.

Finally, “bullets” aren’t cheap. With court fees bumociated with the appeals process, choosing to execute sex offenders would cost the state hundreds of thousands of tax dollars.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Unfortunately, “sex offender” isn’t synonymous with “child molestor.”

Unless I mis-read, these penalties could be applying to any rapist, whether statutory or criminal. And THAT opens the doors to some problems.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Shii Posted:

Unfortunately, “sex offender” isn’t synonymous with “child molestor.”

Exactly – you can’t hold somebody who engages in a consensual relationship with a minor to the same standard as somebody who actually attacks a child.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Probably the politicians just wanted the voters to see that they are tough on crime. What better way to get re-elected than something like this?

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

No. The best thing for you to do is never have touched a child in the first place.

I really don’t understand the point of this article. Are we supposed to feel pity for these people, or is this article calling for longer prison sentences in this case, to keep them off the streets, both figuratively & literally?

It is a matter of compbumion more than anything else. Sex Offenders are people too and should be afforded the most basic of human rights. Their crimes, however despicable do not render them less than human and as such it makes little sense that the be treated like animals. If the state is not going to kill them or leave them in prison indefinitely, they should at least offer bumistance in the form of providing better accommodations under the bridge such as a wooden shack with beds or perhaps bumistance in moving them to another less crowded city.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

was Posted:

Probably the politicians just wanted the voters to see that they are tough on crime. What better way to get re-elected than something like this?

Well, these laws are definitely designed to be vindictive – they keep these men half a mile away from “where children may congregate”, which is just absurd. That goes far beyond keeping children safe.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

if you text your SO with nude photos, congrats, you are now a sex offender

Sergeant Cid Posted:

yes because liking other men children is completely an act of evil which these demons choose to do, they deserve nothing less then death

twas

Level 35 Troll

Tesfan Posted:

yes because liking other men children is completely an act of evil which these demons choose to do, they deserve nothing less then death

Or being Matt Foley.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Well, these laws are definitely designed to be vindictive – they keep these men half a mile away from “where children may congregate”, which is just absurd. That goes far beyond keeping children safe.

It is about more than sex offenders though, these laws set precedent to allow the government to say that a certain type of criminal offender can be stripped of their rights for the good of the “law abiding citizens” Today it is sex offenders, tomorrow it could be potheads or people who speed in traffic.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Xylon Posted:

It is about more than sex offenders though, these laws set precedent to allow the government to say that a certain type of criminal offender can be stripped of their rights for the good of the “law abiding citizens” Today it is sex offenders, tomorrow it could be potheads or people who speed in traffic.

slippery slope, but I see what you are getting at.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Tesfan Posted:

Now where did I suggest that they needed to be put to death?

I’d propose a variation of Xylon’s idea; give them a place to voluntarily live, working in a menial job, with basic sustenance, shelter, clothing & medical care. A work camp, that simply has no amenities beyond what you’d find in an Amish community. Their voluntary labor could produce items & services for the community.

I stress voluntary, and also that the system would be set up so that the workers would never generate a ‘debt’ to the camp, so that they can walk away at any time. Their personal income is whatever is leftover after expenses to provide for their needs. And those expenses should be relatively low, considering the Spartan nature of the camp.

Beyond that? I really don’t care.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/23/2009 12:42AM

^^ ahaha Indentured servitude? Really?

——

They should receive counseling while serving their time and then be released and probably probated. The registries haven’t done anything but scare soccer moms and **** like this.

It’s actually not true that those who are sexually attracted to children are born that way. It’s a mental disease and it usually stems from abuse the offender received themself. It’s difficult, but possible to treat.

Xylon Posted:

Ah, yes…

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 06/23/2009 12:43AM

twas

Level 35 Troll

Xylon Posted:

In Arizona they are trying to make it illegal to smoke while driving.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

was Posted:

also trying to set up breathalyzers in drive through windows.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

was Posted:

Honestly, a lot of **** needs to be illegal while driving. I have very little confidence in the average human’s ability to multi-task, and when one of those tasks is maneuvering a 1000 lb piece of metal and fuel at 65 mph in heavy traffic, most people need to devote more attention to that task than they normally do.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Adapt Posted:

also trying to set up breathalyzers in drive through windows.

I find it funny that he originally was trying to get it to be illegal to text message while driving, but they took it out because it would be unlikely to gather support. And I think that that restriction makes more sense than the others that I heard.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!