Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout hacker needs help being a better hacker.

Nevermore An-
gel x001

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

okay guys, as a hacker i’m a little…overlooked. it appears to me that there are more items for the other clbumes than there are for hackers. i’d like to know, what are the best moar files and/or items i could possibly equip? best drugs for ego and processing power?

if this question’s already been asked i’m sorry for not looking first, i just really don’t feel like going through all the results it’ll give me that have no bearing on what i’m looking for. ^_^ laziness ftw, i guess.

thanks in advance, guys.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

It’s almost certainly been asked before, but I’ve not answered it before so I really don’t care.

Best hardware is the Beastor cable, get 4 of them. If they’re too expensive then the Haxtor 50TB hard drive will give you the same offense/defense but without the luck boost. Eventually, if you want to go moar grinding, being able to manipulate your luck to whatever value you want will be useful, so you can get 4 of each to swap in/out. Lets me put my Luck stat to pretty much anything between 1 and 76.

That leaves you somewhat deficient on Processing Power, because you get none of that from a Beastor, so you’ll need to get some good moar files to make up for that. Riprogrammatori is the king for that – 7 in every stat except Frugality plus 160 PP. Kevin Mitnick Interview is good too – 6 offence and defence, 135 PP. If you can get your hands on a Duke Nukem screenshot, that also gives a nice chunk of PP, and is good in most other stats (except offence, got none of that). If those are too pricy, there’s a list of files that give PP on the Hacker wiki page, just get enough so you don’t run out in the middle of a fight.

Also very good for making up for a PP deficit is the Hacker’s surgical option (Prosthetic Finger Implant) and Book (I Almost Had Sex With a Woman: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero).

Beyond that it’s the standard “best” files – Pink Floyd, Blood Spatter Art, Incit Photos, Useless Program… all expensive to buy, might be easier to get hold of some weaker ones first, but those are the best you’ll find. Might also want some spare files around that have bonuses to Frugality, or Luck + Charisma, for rollover or shopping.

Add a Master Ball and some Versnatche Earbleeders just for the hell of it and you’re golden.

Side note: whilst you’re speccing up, hardware can be an expensive **** to repair, put some points into Upkeep, takes about 5% off the damage you take (and hence the cost of repairs) with each point you add. Upkeep of 20 means I hardly pay a damned thing to Bruce. Sink the rest into Egomania and Offence.

Nevermore An-
gel x001

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

man-man Posted:

It’s almost certainly been asked before, but I’ve not answered it before so I really don’t care.

Best hardware is the Beastor cable, get 4 of them. If they’re too expensive then the Haxtor 50TB hard drive will give you the same offense/defense but without the luck boost. Eventually, if you want to go moar grinding, being able to manipulate your luck to whatever value you want will be useful, so you can get 4 of each to swap in/out. Lets me put my Luck stat to pretty much anything between 1 and 76.

That leaves you somewhat deficient on Processing Power, because you get none of that from a Beastor, so you’ll need to get some good moar files to make up for that. Riprogrammatori is the king for that – 7 in every stat except Frugality plus 160 PP. Kevin Mitnick Interview is good too – 6 offence and defence, 135 PP. If you can get your hands on a Duke Nukem screenshot, that also gives a nice chunk of PP, and is good in most other stats (except offence, got none of that). If those are too pricy, there’s a list of files that give PP on the Hacker wiki page, just get enough so you don’t run out in the middle of a fight.

Also very good for making up for a PP deficit is the Hacker’s surgical option (Prosthetic Finger Implant) and Book (I Almost Had Sex With a Woman: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero).

Beyond that it’s the standard “best” files – Pink Floyd, Blood Spatter Art, Incit Photos, Useless Program… all expensive to buy, might be easier to get hold of some weaker ones first, but those are the best you’ll find. Might also want some spare files around that have bonuses to Frugality, or Luck + Charisma, for rollover or shopping.

Add a Master Ball and some Versnatche Earbleeders just for the hell of it and you’re golden.

Side note: whilst you’re speccing up, hardware can be an expensive **** to repair, put some points into Upkeep, takes about 5% off the damage you take (and hence the cost of repairs) with each point you add. Upkeep of 20 means I hardly pay a damned thing to Bruce. Sink the rest into Egomania and Offence.

i only have the four Beastor cables and the Riprogrammatori and i’m already kicking bum harder than i ever have before. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

If you can get your hands on one, a Rectumscan is probably a better pick for Hackers since you get so much Offense anyways that 6 won’t really make much of a difference, while between that, a Riprogrammatori and prosthetic finger, you will never need PP ever again.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Dunatis Posted:

If you can get your hands on one, a Rectumscan is probably a better pick for Hackers since you get so much Offense anyways that 6 won’t really make much of a difference, while between that, a Riprogrammatori and prosthetic finger, you will never need PP ever again.

I went for the Useless file, simply because I’ve actually got a chance of getting one.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Rectumscan and Ripros are actually the only 2 optimal .moars I have for my guy, and I have a second one ready to extract (but I’m a collector so I won’t. I actually think it’s about as easy as some of the other ones even if you only get 6 threads per visit there are better odds at a drop and relatively few pieces.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Useless Programs sell for silly money on Kyoubai, I’m not one of the monied clbumes (not until my Floyd auctions go through) so I balk at paying millions for a couple extra points in stats, I would try to get a RectumScan but I already have far more PP than I need from the fact that I have a Ripro, Prosthetic Finger, Hacker book, Duke Nukem and Kevin Mitnick/Ruby Scripts, adds up to 590 when I equip for pwning. Really ought to swap some of those out for the standard ‘best files’, when I get hold of said best files that is… ****ers are always crazy expensive because everyone else wants them too.

man-man edited this message on 06/24/2009 9:17PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!