Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help a sleep question

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Recently with summertime & school being out, i’ve been staying up longer & getting up later, obviously. But i’ve noticed that the hours that i’m sleeping is going down slowly. last week I was still sleeping usually from 1:30ish to 9:00 or 10:00. But 2 nights ago it was from 5:00ish to 8:34, not even a bit tired. I know this is very unhealthy for anyone (especially since i’m only a teen) and I wanted to know if anyone knows what’s up.

Also, i’m not using an alarm clock to wake up, and i’m a heavy sleeper.

PseudoNymph

Avatar: 25470 Mon Jun 01 23:26:50 -0400 2009

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I don’t know about this in specific, but do you know anything about polyphasic sleep? I did Everyman for a while, it was pretty awesome. I should get back into it…

AntiRules187

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

PseudoNymph Posted:

I don’t know about this in specific, but do you know anything about polyphasic sleep? I did Everyman for a while, it was pretty awesome. I should get back into it…

don’t know anything about that, but my friend google might.

AntiRules187

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

AntiRules187 Posted:

don’t know anything about that, but my friend google might.

ok, so I just checked it up, and no, I don’t have little bits of sleep, just during the night.

Gene Hackman

Avatar: 45667 Mon Mar 09 04:05:35 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

PseudoNymph Posted:

Do you mean just taking naps?

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Well, a lot of it depends on what you’re eating and how active you are.

Then again, 6 hours is just for the “average adult”, so perhaps you’re one of the extreme cases who can do with less sleep.

AntiRules187

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

Well, a lot of it depends on what you’re eating and how active you are.

Then again, 6 hours is just for the “average adult”, so perhaps you’re one of the extreme cases who can do with less sleep.

well let’s see, 5’8’’ 115 lbs, VERY lazy.

On a semi-related note, the lack of sleep is sometimes p good, it lets me do some things that I may of missed or pushed to tomorrow.

AntiRules187 edited this message on 06/19/2009 4:27AM

PseudoNymph

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Gene Hackman Posted:

Do you mean just taking naps?

In basic terms, yea. But it’s structured and efficient insomnia.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Some people can get by pretty well on very little sleep. But if you do it too many nights in a row, it could start to acgreat timesulate.

You might find that if you give yourself the chance to sleep in one day, you’ll catch up on all that lost sleep in one shot.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

With no college or exams I simply go to sleep at 4am and wake up at 2pm.

Its fantastic and you should all try it.

Montressor

Avatar: 77535 Tue Jan 13 09:44:11 -0500 2009

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Might also have something to do with excessive caffeine consumption or too much meth or amphetamines.

UnstoppableC-
han

Avatar: 43381 Sat Jun 27 00:58:41 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It might not, as well. When I was working as a financial security advisor, that meant a lot of late nights poring over securities and equities trying to find best-fits, which meant a surprising amount of Adderall for me. I blamed that for changing my sleep schedule, and when I went off, I expected the withdrawal symptoms, like fatigue and excessive sleeping, to take care of fixing my sleep schedule. Lately, however, with the onset of summer, I’ve been waking up with the dawn anyway. It could be related to photosensitivity, or just your internal clock setting and resetting. I’d suggest making sure you wake up somewhere dark – tape folded cereal boxes to your window-bottom and put dark towels over your drapes/blinds – and if that doesn’t help you sleep in after three or four days, work from there.

edit – omg my height and 115 lbs i would eat you alive.

UnstoppableChan edited this message on 06/19/2009 11:38AM

AntiRules187

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Montressor Posted:

Might also have something to do with excessive caffeine consumption or too much meth or amphetamines.

I don’t do meth or amphetamines, and I have an incredibly powerful insensitivity with caffeine.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

If you don’t feel tired there’s probably no problem… if you were sleep deprived you’d know about it fairly quickly from how crappy you’d feel. Natural rhythms vary from person to person, change as you age, I’ve also heard that teenage hormonal changes put your natural ‘clock’ out by a couple of hours, thus explaining the 4am to 2pm sleep schedule that Chawin and myself seem to share.

Amount of sleep needed and when you’re predisposed to take it are pretty much down to individual happenstance, so long as you’re sleeping when you’re sleepy and waking up of your own accord (try blocking out the light from your room, see if it makes any difference) then there’s no problem – your body knows what it needs.

One factor, if your naturally a lazy guy and you’re now on a summer break, I’m guessing you’re not doing a whole lot? Maybe spend a few days in a row mostly just kicking around on the internet? (I know I have), if so then it’s no wonder you’re not tired – you’ve not done anything to tire yourself out. You still need a little sleep to keep your mental health in order, but your body doesn’t really need the rest, so you don’t sleep much.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

PseudoNymph Posted:

Ooo, I’ve always wanted to try that. Going with the 20 minute nap every four hours routine.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Adapt Posted:

Ooo, I’ve always wanted to try that. Going with the 20 minute nap every four hours routine.

I’ve always preferred the idea of the 28-hour day. You stay up for 20 hours, then sleep for 8, your sleep/wake times shift by 4 hours each day and come full circle once a week (effectively the 7th day of the week is cut into 6 blocks of 4 hours, and one is added to each of the other 6 days).

According to science, people who are naturally late-risers tend to have more stamina than the early birds, and will stay awake and alert for longer periods, if they’re allowed to sleep to their own schedule – forcing them to wake up at early o’ clock for work throws them off their game. So I figure take that to it’s logical extension by staying up as long as you can each day, and sleeping when you feel like it.

man-man edited this message on 06/19/2009 9:32PM

PseudoNymph

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I wish I could do the 28 hour day, but it doesn’t really work for me. Log in to see images!

The thing with Uberman is — it takes a lot of dedication and discipline. And you absolutely can *not* delay naps. Everyman gives you flexibility.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

There would be days when I’d only get 4 or 6 hours of sleep and I feel great (different cirgreat timesstances now). But normally I sleep longer. Sometimes I’d get to bed around 2 or 3 and wake up at 11.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

If left to my own devices I go to sleep at about 5 am and wake up between 1-2.

For summer school I have to go to bed at 11 and wake up at 6-7. It’s rough.

Lament

Avatar: 177568 Thu May 14 00:57:01 -0400 2009

Level 30 Troll

Velociraptor

I run on 3-5 hours of sleep a night and function just fine. Some people are just built for less sleep than others.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!