Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Board Games Savage Worlds

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I’ve been looking in at Angry Hobo’s D&D campaign, and now I wanna run something. Savage Worlds is a very easy system to learn, and it can be used for a grip of settings.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/41042275/?tab=summary

And it looks like I have some people to work with. Killer.

*MasterHaxxor

*CrinkzPipe

*freaky shroda

*Advocacy Can-

ine

*Damion

EDIT- I can learn!

Cheins Sanchez edited this message on 06/18/2009 8:19AM

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Yea boy! Savage worlds is the ****. Count me in dude.

As well as being simple its also bloody cheap to buy! Core book is like 6-8 quid in these sceptered isles.

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

I guess if it’s easy to learn, I’m in.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I’m looking for about five people. Just enough warm bodies to keep track of, and it’s no problem if somebody skips out for IRL reasons. Experience is a plus but not required, I’ve seen some pretty cool **** come out of the skulls of people new to this kind of thing.

As for settings, I was thinking along the lines of:

*Comic book Heroes/Villains

*Survival Horror

*Some kind of historical backdrop with other crap thrown in.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions?

Advocacy Can-
ine

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Survival horror would be cool. Maybe um something more Lovecraftian perhaps?

Anything vaguely Cyberpunk would rip the mammary glands off this poor man here.

Um maybe something to do with the British colonies in the 1800’s with a supernatural/alien or arcane vibe? Very much not Steampunk though.

Ah what else…maybe something vaguely Battle Royale like…high turn over, gruesome deaths lots of discription. There is a rule book for something like that though called Clbumroom Deathmatch so perhaps not.

Ah ah! Something like Old boy/A Better Tomorrow Trilogy? Revenge movie kinda plot with silly gun play and non stop action?

I have plenty more or could think of more or expand on more if you would like it.

Anyway awesome game will be awesome.

Clyde_Frog

Avatar: 112624 Thu Jun 25 22:56:13 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 16 Camwhore

Keep On With The Force Don't Stop Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

I’m in

Suggesting horror western?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Sure, I’ll join in.

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Sounds fun, I’ll do it.

Edit: we have 2 people moving for a horror type setting, I’ll go ahead and third that, If we are going to do horror what “savage setting” rulebook might we use, and what’s the word on arcane background (to clarify, is it allowed for us to use it and what powers could we use)?

MasterHaxxor edited this message on 06/18/2009 4:06AM

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

MasterHaxxor Posted:

Sounds fun, I’ll do it.

Edit: we have 2 people moving for a horror type setting, I’ll go ahead and third that, If we are going to do horror what “savage setting” rulebook might we use, and what’s the word on arcane background (to clarify, is it allowed for us to use it and what powers could we use)?

I’m thinking of the core rulebook when it comes to powers, simple and effective. As long as you check with me first though, go crazy with merits from any book. If it’s going to be horror, what’s your flava?

I like modern, and Shroda said western. Advocacy Canine said something about cyberpunk and gave me a hard-on. Cyberpunk/western/horror seems like nightmare fuel so I’m going to drink on that and see if you guys come up with something, before I decide to hammer out a setting.

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

I like modern, and Shroda said western. Advocacy Canine said something about cyberpunk and gave me a hard-on. Cyberpunk/western/horror seems like nightmare fuel so I’m going to drink on that and see if you guys come up with something, before I decide to hammer out a setting.

Cyberpunk/Western/Horror, hm, sounds like a little post apocalyptic action to me. Technology advances pretty fast, and the demons and ghosts were not amused, Advocacy Canine mentioned Lovecraft, maybe the metaphorical R’lyeh was raised out of the ocean. Human civilization as we know it collapses, ext. ext. You could fit just about anything you want to in a setting like that.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

MasterHaxxor Posted:

Cyberpunk/Western/Horror, hm, sounds like a little post apocalyptic action to me. Technology advances pretty fast, and the demons and ghosts were not amused, Advocacy Canine mentioned Lovecraft, maybe the metaphorical R’lyeh was raised out of the ocean. Human civilization as we know it collapses, ext. ext. You could fit just about anything you want to in a setting like that.

“A great disaster ravaged the entire world, leaving it in shambles. The only area of the world spared of the onslaught was the American Southwest, the rest called it the Lost Lands, by people who know better than to venture there. Anyone who wished to journey even a mile outside of the Survival Ranches needed cybernetics, both to withstand the harsh environment, and to resist the sick things that prowled the world, turning the unknown and obscene into the greatest enemy of all. But rumors have always spread of the Shapeless Jewell, the great treasure that can save us all, that can unwilt the flower of civilization. And so, fools rush out. They go to their deaths for fame, profit, and glory. Lord help them. Who knows what goes to them in return…”

It was all I could think of while sleepy and drunk so you can make fun of me in the morning. Enjoy the show. Let me know if you have a better theme than horror/western/cyberpunk. Dasvedanya.

Cheins Sanchez edited this message on 06/18/2009 7:20AM

Advocacy Can-
ine

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Sounds pretty good actually Cheins.

As soon as post-apocolypse and lovecraft were mentioned together I instantly thought Urotsukidoji.

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

Setting Stuff

I think that sounds pretty cool, let’s give the others a chance to give some input now before we go off doing anything too specific Log in to see images!

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Advocacy Canine Posted:

Sounds pretty good actually Cheins.

As soon as post-apocolypse and lovecraft were mentioned together I instantly thought Urotsukidoji.

ty but I never heard of Urotsukidoji, let me use my google-fu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urotsukidoji

“Wandering Kid: The Legend of the Super God”

I’m sold. The title is just too Log in to see images!

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

MasterHaxxor Posted:

I think that sounds pretty cool, let’s give the others a chance to give some input now before we go off doing anything too specific Log in to see images!

I agree. Nobody wants to be shoved into a setting without even being asked about it. We could just do real life if that was the case.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

If you wish one more I would be in for this

edit: a little off topic now, I love one how people this the nick is angry_hobo when there is no underscore at all Log in to see images! ANGRY HOBO edited this message on 06/18/2009 8:16AM

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

ANGRY HOBO Posted:

If you wish one more I would be in for this

edit: a little off topic now, I love one how people this the nick is angry_hobo when there is no underscore at all Log in to see images!

I don’t see why not. Roleplaying has less problems with large groups on a forum then IRL.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

I don’t see why not. Roleplaying has less problems with large groups on a forum then IRL.

Word, 6 years ago I tryed dungeons and dragons with a group of 9 (!!!!!!) people… lasted one session (thankfully)

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

ANGRY HOBO Posted:

Word, 6 years ago I tryed dungeons and dragons with a group of 9 (!!!!!!) people… lasted one session (thankfully)

It’s keeping track of everybody that becomes a ****. One minute you’re keeping the drama-fabulous person from being throttled by the rules-lawyer, and the next you need to keep an eye for that little ****er putting extra XP and loot on his sheet. I can also keep track of what I’m doing without taking so many notes.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

It’s keeping track of everybody that becomes a ****. One minute you’re keeping the drama-fabulous person from being throttled by the rules-lawyer, and the next you need to keep an eye for that little ****er putting extra XP and loot on his sheet. I can also keep track of what I’m doing without taking so many notes.

I’ve played with some ****ty groups.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!