Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout One Account Limit: Unfair for Couples?

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Let’s suppose that there are a number of couples who play this game. (I have no doubt that there are at least 3.) It seems to me that the 1-account-per-IP limit is somewhat unfair to them. Of course, this also affects roommates and other situations. So I would like to ask, would allowing a second account per IP really be a bad thing? I mean, you can charge a small fee for it if you want. Just something so pairs of people living together, which is relatively common, can both play.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Arktor Posted:

I mean, you can charge a small fee for it if you want.

They do. You can buy an alt via brownie points.

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think we already had this topic.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Bubo Posted:

They do. You can buy an alt via brownie points.

Is an alt equivalent to a second account? I’m sorry, I’m really ignorant here, and I’d look in the wiki but I don’t have a clue what to search for (alt doesn’t bring up anything), and besides, can an alt apply to an already-made account?

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

comment redacted
aSh-gangSTA-685 edited this message on 12/05/2010 3:45PM

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

An ‘Alt’ (short for alternate, i guess) is a second character on the same account.
Yea, SO’s an roomies would need to all have to be nice kids and share the same account / pbumword.

Or, you can always You really thought I’d reveal possible exploits here, huh?

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

As Cherrypie said, you would have to share an account. I referred to the brownie point alts because the original question was for couples, and most couples I know don’t have a problem “sharing” things. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

handofg0d Posted:

Eh, the same goes for workplaces that operate on a shared IP – internally you all have unique IPs that you are receiving from your router, but if you go to say, whatsmyip.com you will see your “real” IP, which will probably match someone in your companies.

Whats your solution though? Allow anyone and everyone to make as many accounts as they want? That will be heavily abused – upvoting their own forumbuildr submissions, creating their own clan and doing clan rushes themselves…. not to mention the additional strain on the servers you’d see.

Rules and limits are in your best interest – it’s not ideal for everyone but it’s for the greater good.

My suggestion was to allow the purchase of a second account. Not so much a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, or ninth, account. Just to increase the limit to two per IP. It’s technically abusable within forumbuildr, but then again, no more than word of mouth or AIM is.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I recall ET saying something about flagging accounts so that multiple players could use the same computer…you could probably tubmail him for the skinny.

Nimbus

[P-S-Y]

Level 11 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

What happens with people who don’t know eachother, but have the same IP?

I, for example, am IP banned from deviantART, a site which I’ve never had any connection with, because some other twat seemingly on my IP has great timesmed all over it.

Apfelschwein

[RPG Codex]

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

No lolz?! What is this, a scheme!?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Having an Alt (like my alt Mjolnir) is not quite the same as having a separate account. For example, you can’t vote on forumbuildr separately, and you can’t be logged in as both at the same time, and I think there’s something else that’s restricted, but I can’t remember. But it is pretty close to having another full account, and pretty cheap too.

Ducksrule

Avatar: 86816 Mon Feb 16 06:59:46 -0500 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

I recall ET saying something about flagging accounts so that multiple players could use the same computer…you could probably tubmail him for the skinny.

QFT because my fiancee on the same IP plays too. We had to tub ET for permission first, but he got back to us fairly quickly.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

necrobump ftw

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

CaptainDDL Posted:

necrobump ftw

Ducksrule

Avatar: 86816 Mon Feb 16 06:59:46 -0500 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

yessssss

eaglewing

Level 17 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I got banned before for using two accounts, but when i explained the situation to Evil Trout (was my brother) he unbanned us. Might work for you.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I think this is hilarious, because it both implies that you have a girlfriend, which is very rare on the internet, and that said girlfriend is on the internet, which implies a girl to be on the internet, which is also very rare on the internet.

MOD EDIT: User banned for trolling in GD.

Big Brother was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Big Brother edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Big Brother Posted:

Comments

Which were wrong on numerous levels

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

This is a repost of another topic.

My current IP is flagged for Myself, My significant other, and any friends that come over and log on one of my computers. Just TM MCB or ET

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!