Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin SUGGESTION to improve the quality fo the Flamebate experience by 563%

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Wow. Amazing. You showed us. Obviously having a fit like a 10 year old is the best way to prove your intellectual superiority. I just don’t even know what to say because I’m well and truly owned.

Why do you bumume that anything I do is directed at you? Who the **** are you that you think you’re so important? LOL if you didn’t follow me around Flamebate I wouldn’t even know who you were. Seriously.

This thread is done. Adding an ignore feature would remove an important part of the Flamebate experience, something we all should be able to have. Whether we want it or not.

Well, it’s like this:

1. You make a hypocritical thread

2. I call you on it

3. The thread slowly turns against you

4. I flame you in rp

5. You keep responding but accusing me of responding (again highlighting your mental age)

6. You melt down all over rp the next day

7. You start begging to close this thread

8. :twisted:

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Well, it’s like this:

1. You make a hypocritical thread

2. I call you on it

3. The thread slowly turns against you

4. I flame you in rp

5. You keep responding but accusing me of responding (again highlighting your mental age)

6. You melt down all over rp the next day

7. You start begging to close this thread

8. :twisted:

Get over yourself. Also I didn’t see any meltdown…maybe that’s what you would do if you were upset, and you’re projecting onto me, but I was having some fun. Because that’s what RP is for. See ya there!

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Chawin Posted:

Exactly. [Brownnose] I think people are overlooking the fact that CZ have put in a **** load of effort [/Brownnose] making people happy by adding scroll bars, embedded image settings and all kinds of stuff. Remember when everyone was whining for an anon forum? The fact is that everyone is never going to be truly happy, there will always be one or two people a little upset. Things have been made to satisfy peoples needs (Hellban scripts, Addblock), and I’m not pointing the finger at anybody, but a little effort can stop a lot of this whining.

E: ForumBawz

With Hellban, you don’t even need the scrollbar. Log in to see images! I remember when things were better, it was just pages and pages of wonderful intertet dadaism on a single thread. Then again, I remember when 1 guy 1 jar actually managed to shock me.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

This is all pointless. The only thing they need to do is limit the emoticons. You can only posts five pics (and there’s a thousand ways to block even those) but emoticons are unlimited and they increase loading time. Either make the emoticons load faster or limit them because waiting 30-45 seconds or whatever is not good.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

How dare anyone equate kaiser spam to draginz spam. They’re obviously completely different and the draginz never detracted from our Flamebate experience in any way.

Sorry Fingerz, but this.

Kaiser spam is annoying, I fully agree, but you are the least recommended person to whine about spam.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Fran Posted:

Sorry Fingerz, but this.

Kaiser spam is annoying, I fully agree, but you are the least recommended person to whine about spam.

Agreed. And the “Haha! I will show them by being a worse imagespammer than DerKaiserReich!” really just means that more people have to consider hellbanning you now, too.

*shrug* C’est la guerre. Have fun making a Point.

LROSENBERG19-

[WeChall]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Using scripts to filter useless 10000000 emoticon posts is a waste of processing power because the server has to parse those posts to put the images in place and the client has to waste several cpu cycles to filter them and it’s also wasting bandwidth even if the posts can scroll, rejecting those posts whenever they’re made is the most cost-effective solution to this problem as it’s a one time check and auto-baning noise-posters will incentive people to avoid doing that.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

So just because fingerz made the thread it becomes a battle against her being supposedly hypocritical? Um sorry but since when was “this is a bad idea because you do the same thing you want fixed” NOT a logical fallacy?

Chawin Posted:

Remember when everyone was whining for an anon forum?

no

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Adapt Posted:

So just because fingerz made the thread it becomes a battle against her being supposedly hypocritical? Um sorry but since when was “this is a bad idea because you do the same thing you want fixed” NOT a logical fallacy?

It’s not a bad idea because it’s something fingerz does too. It’s a bad idea, and fingerz does exactly the same thing too.

Every time there’s a new restriction on FB, people **** about ruining the “fun.” And every time they get annoyed by something someone considers “fun” on FB, they **** about wanting new rules to prevent it. Occasionally, they might need other people to point out how full of **** they are.

In this case, there are multiple easy client-side solutions that could allow users who find Kaiser posts annoying to avoid them, but instead, we get threads demanding new code and/or new rules and/or exacerbating the situation to “prove” how terrible it is.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Samildanach Posted:

It’s not a bad idea because it’s something fingerz does too. It’s a bad idea, and fingerz does exactly the same thing too.

Every time there’s a new restriction on FB, people **** about ruining the “fun.” And every time they get annoyed by something someone considers “fun” on FB, they **** about wanting new rules to prevent it. Occasionally, they might need other people to point out how full of **** they are.

In this case, there are multiple easy client-side solutions that could allow users who find Kaiser posts annoying to avoid them, but instead, we get threads demanding new code and/or new rules and/or exacerbating the situation to “prove” how terrible it is.

yes, so can we all stop talking about the legitimacy of who posted this thread now?

although I would like something to stop pics from one particular person, because i don’t want to switch to links just for one person, but the page still loads slower. That’s really the only complaint I have, and it’s really no big deal.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Celerysteve Posted:

This is all pointless. The only thing they need to do is limit the emoticons. You can only posts five pics (and there’s a thousand ways to block even those) but emoticons are unlimited and they increase loading time. Either make the emoticons load faster or limit them because waiting 30-45 seconds or whatever is not good.

I wish you would stop suggesting this. I could be wrong about the following, but until you click “Post it!” emoticons are considered text. Any attempt at limiting emoticons will have to decrease the number of allowed characters in a post. What do you suggest? Allowing no more than 30 characters in a single post?

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

was Posted:

I wish you would stop suggesting this. I could be wrong about the following, but until you click “Post it!” emoticons are considered text. Any attempt at limiting emoticons will have to decrease the number of allowed characters in a post. What do you suggest? Allowing no more than 30 characters in a single post?

This is completely baffling. Today I have lost yet another significant measure of faith in the collective intelligence of humanity — resume rearranging deck chairs while the titanic is sinking.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

was Posted:

... you realize that the engine already has to do some level of parse-and-check at post time to limit “excess” image links, right? Having it also check for “excess” emotes wouldn’t be that much harder.

That said, for no real defensible reason, I dislike the idea of a hard limit on emotes.

I don’t remember signing in to this character.

Mudd edited this message on 06/20/2009 12:10AM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I don’t know what can or can not be done. Irregardless of my poor wording I do know this: I can put more Log in to see images!

thisnamehasa-
lreadybeenta-
ken

Avatar: 186403 Wed Jul 01 20:19:39 -0400 2009

Level 20 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Fingerz Posted:

(wtf is a kaiser anyway)

German form of “Caesar”, meaning “Emperor”.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!