Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Pink Floyd moar file...

KenKaniff

Avatar: 143897 Tue Mar 03 14:45:58 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

... is a pain in the bum. Which forums are the best ones to grind for this mbumive file?

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

hall of faded fame. just pwn it over and over again until you get it.

edited to add low luck but scully ninjaed me.

ChilePepino edited this message on 06/11/2009 3:21AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Hall of Faded Fame with low luck.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

scully Posted:

Hall of Faded Fame with low luck.

Why low?

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

Why low?

on Hall of Faded Fame, Floyd drops at higher rates if you have low luck. It’s just the way it works.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

Why low?

it appears more often if you have low luck. Moars are luck dependant, it doesn’t mean better moars appear at higher luck. It’s not like other rpgs where you get items sometimes and higher luck means more items, because you always get a moar piece.

TLDR, pink floyd pieces drop more at low luck for some reason.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

KenKaniff Posted:

... is a pain in the bum. Which forums are the best ones to grind for this mbumive file?

Hall of faded fame, luck should be exactly eleven.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

Hall of faded fame, luck should be exactly eleven.

why 11?

with ~47 luck, ghax took several weeks to get a few pieces.

with 1 luck, ahax bumembled floyd in a few days

ghax did it pretty quickly with 8 luck and 3 luck.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

generichaxor Posted:

why 11?

with ~47 luck, ghax took several weeks to get a few pieces.

with 1 luck, ahax bumembled floyd in a few days

ghax did it pretty quickly with 8 luck and 3 luck.

Well the second time round, ghax already had some pieces, didn’t he?

I started grinding for floyd way back when I had 0 pieces. took me about 3 weeks, and then 1 week for the next one.

Trust me, 11 luck is the way to go. You’ll probably have trouble with #48 like I did, so try messing around with your luck once you only have a few pieces left.

Also, Kenkanif, I have an extra one which I could put up for sale, if you have 3 million to spare.

Good luck grinding though! It’s immensely satisfying to get one yourself.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

true. my problem pieces were #21 and #49. Took more visits to get those.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Piece #38 took forever for me, but I got there eventually. All via low-luck on Hall Of Faded Fame. If you imagine each forum having a list of potential moar drops, increasing your luck increases the odds of getting ones from the top, whilst decreasing your odds of getting one from the bottom. On most forums the good moars are on the top of the list, but HoFF evidently has Pink Floyd at the bottom. Probably an attempt to **** with our heads, make us try to get it by jacking luck up higher and higher in a vain attempt to improve the situation.

Anyway, damned if I’m paying some other bumhole 3 to 4 million flezz for any file… more from not having that kind of flezz than the principle, but still partly the principle!

Having extracted one it’s stood at 49/50, needing another #38, then I’d need another 4 specific pieces to get a third floyd. Seems like it shouldn’t take long, but of course I’ll probably just keep getting more of #14, #15 and #33 (got 11 each of those). I’ll probably get back on with grinding that in a week or so when I’ve finished the consecutive pwnage peens.

Claine

Avatar: 124948 Tue Feb 24 04:07:52 -0500 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Is this even possible to do as a hacker. Best0r’s give me 10 Luck each.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Claine Posted:

Is this even possible to do as a hacker. Best0r’s give me 10 Luck each.

Haxt0r HXX 50TB Hard Drive just gives +15 off / +15 def

use that instead

ghax edited this message on 06/11/2009 8:16AM

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Hackers win at manipulating Luck, I can make mine take almost any value I want between 1 and 77 with the right combination of hardware/moars. The keystone of it is swapping Beast0rs for Haxt0rs though, that’s +/- 40 right there, then you can make minor adjustments to any specific value you want using moar files.

man-man edited this message on 06/11/2009 8:26AM

KenKaniff

Avatar: 143897 Tue Mar 03 14:45:58 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Also, Kenkanif, I have an extra one which I could put up for sale, if you have 3 million to spare.

Thanks, man, but considering I got 4/5 of the files done by now and low amounts of flezz that ain’t an option.

The low luck thing definetly worked. I get far more pink floyd files now. Much appreciated, guys.

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

KenKaniff Posted:

Thanks, man, but considering I got 4/5 of the files done by now and low amounts of flezz that ain’t an option.

Bear in mind, the more pieces you get, the more your odds of getting a new (unique) piece diminish. The last few pieces take much longer to get than the others.

Anyone know if there’s been any analysis of piece distribution on moars? When I have mbumive stacks of some pieces, none of some others, and a middling amount of most of the rest, it makes me wonder whether it’s random or if it’s following a normal distribution or something.

Could be that each player has a randomly set probability curve across the pieces, so that which piece is “the rare one” (and everyone seems to have one of those) is different for each person, but we all suffer from the same problem. Sounds like the kind of thing that might get programmed in anticipation of the file-piece trading that never actually got implemented, expecting it to stimulate a healthy trade in pieces between players who had a lot of other players’ designated rare pieces.

Or it might be random, and we’re all just unlucky. It’s been said that luck doesn’t affect the chances for individual pieces, so that’s not at work…

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

You can affect the drop rate by manipulating your luck attribute, but after that the message from on high is that each piece is truly random (i.e. none of your attributes affect which piece will drop)

The first pink floyd should take ~225 drops, though it may be lower, or much higher. So if you’re getting (say) 4 drops per visit, that would be 2 weeks of visits, plus or minus. If you continue farming, successive pink floyds will take less and less time, since you’ll have some of the parts already (down to a limit of one pink floyd completed for every 50 drops)

Since you can earn 250k+ per day from 4 visits, selling junk and doing jobs, you should be able to earn the amount of flezz necessary to buy a pink floyd in the same amount of time. By farming for it, you’ll be losing flezz due to lower deliveries and jobs, because you’re hitting just one forum, though if you continue to hit HOFF you’ll end up making flezz from selling pink floyds, provided there are enough buyers out there.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 06/12/2009 3:18PM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I started grinding for floyd way back when I had 0 pieces. took me about 3 weeks, and then 1 week for the next one.

Trust me, 11 luck is the way to go. You’ll probably have trouble with #48 like I did, so try messing around with your luck once you only have a few pieces left.

Also WHEEEEEEE!!!

1 Luck is probably still the way to go, I’ve been doing the drop stats for 3 months now and there are some very obvious patterns and while 1 Luck might potentially have nearly equivalent drop chances as 11 Luck which can lead to outlier situations such as yours, the stats I have on enough other forums show at best, near equivalency for drop stats when it comes to higher percentile ones such as Floyd for Low Luck.

What I can tell you though is that at Luck 13 you have about a 45% drop chance compared to 39% at 31 Luck or just 18% at 90+ Luck. Once I get my Re-Re to level 31 I’ll get the drop stats for 1 Luck and see once and for all.

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Once I get my Re-Re to level 31 I’ll get the drop stats for 1 Luck and see once and for all.

I can drop to 1 luck and grind HoFF for a while if you want. I’m not too worried about my bank balance, so lost income … meh, maybe I’d care if it wasn’t internet-money.

Just need a week to get up to a 100-streak for the peens and then I was planning on grinding for floyds anyway, all I’d need to do over and above that plan is keep a record of what dropped.

You can affect the drop rate by manipulating your luck attribute, but after that the message from on high is that each piece is truly random (i.e. none of your attributes affect which piece will drop)

Fair enough… I guess the highs and lows are just random fluctuation then.

If I wanted to be picky, I could point out the difference between “none of your attributes affect which piece will drop” and “truly random” (there could be hidden variables like the probability curves I was describing) but that would be needlessly pedantic.

man-man edited this message on 06/12/2009 7:28PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Before you get carried away, there are already two other threads where this has been already been discussed to death. The only reason I haven’t closed this thread is the **** I got the last time I closed a dupe thread which talked about stuff which was already discussed months ago.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!