Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing I made a thing, thought you should know

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I got frustrated with scanning through the list of moar files on the wiki, trying to pick out the ones with simultaneous +7s in all the stats I need to improve on, so I took that frustration and channelled it into making a lot more work for myself in the short term to save effort in the long term.

In short I made this – http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Moar_Files_Stats_Table

There’s no new information there, but through gratuitous use of spreadsheet functions/formulae I reshaped the data into a new and beautiful form (then I decided to make a wiki page out of it and spent a considerable amount more effort shaping it back into an ugly form that had valid wiki markup)

The useful part, had you not already looked at the page and worked it out, is being able to sort the file list by a single stat. So when you want to know which ones give the best boost to Offense, you can bring them straight to the top. Plus it reorganises the list lazily, so if you want to see the files with a +7 in two attributes, sorting by one then the other will bring them near-ish to the top.

I was going to make this in spreadsheet form for myself anyway, but here it is for the rest of you. Enjoy.

(NB. If this already exists and I just failed to find it, I don’t want to hear it)

man-man edited this message on 06/09/2009 1:56PM

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

This is amazing.

Thankyou man.

Thankyou.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

man-man Posted:

(NB. If this already exists and I just failed to find it, I don’t want to hear it)

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Aldo_Anything Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute

Why hadn’t I found this before.

Goddamit.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I said I don’t want to hear it Log in to see images!

In unrelated news, DAMNIT

... well, I blame the lack of links from anywhere sensible to the one that already existed. I made sure that mine was findable… also I like mine better… because it is mine.

man-man edited this message on 06/09/2009 2:14PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!