Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 What's going on with generichaxor and the test forum?

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

Could those of you who are a part of the test forum explain the controversy that is a current event on forumwarz? The test forum stuff is nothing that can’t be released to the rest of us, but from whats being mentioned publicly, it’s rather difficult to discern what GHAX did that’s gotten everyone in an uproar.

So, what’s up?

(and i posted this in no srsly because it is technically a current event, i just didnt want it in RP because everyone would just start insulting generichaxor and not explaining anything)

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

He’s playing the **** out of his characters on the testing environment. The test protocol didn’t take much time to go through and within a day the vast majority of kinks were worked out.

Instead of fiddling around and just leaving it he has been abusing the essentially limitless visit restriction and running characters through the story and trying to play the normal game. Despite ET purposefully turning off most of the functionality.

IE: grinding for moar files, doing kyoubai, dom, etc.

Then proceeding to make threads in the test forum about how stuff doesn’t work.

ET put up a notice of stuff that is purposefully disable earlier but not before ghax thoroughly ****ed off everyone paying attention.

What’s upsetting people is that he’s playing the game with goal of in-game accomplishments even though the ground rules from the beginning were “don’t get attached to your characters because the server will be wiped weekly”. Not to mention the server is slow and his ludicrously excessive use is potentially slowing it down for others. Also he made dupe threads and didn’t use proper formatting. Also he suggested ET fix stuff that was completely unrelated to the test at hand.

tldr; he’s not operating in the spirit of the testing ET has put forth.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

He’s playing the **** out of his characters on the testing environment. The test protocol didn’t take much time to go through and within a day the vast majority of kinks were worked out.

Instead of fiddling around and just leaving it he has been abusing the essentially limitless visit restriction and running characters through the story and trying to play the normal game. Despite ET purposefully turning off most of the functionality.

IE: grinding for moar files, doing kyoubai, dom, etc.

Then proceeding to make threads in the test forum about how stuff doesn’t work.

ET put up a notice of stuff that is purposefully disable earlier but not before ghax thoroughly ****ed off everyone paying attention.

What’s upsetting people is that he’s playing the game with goal of in-game accomplishments even though the ground rules from the beginning were “don’t get attached to your characters because the server will be wiped weekly”. Not to mention the server is slow and his ludicrously excessive use is potentially slowing it down for others. Also he made dupe threads and didn’t use proper formatting. Also he suggested ET fix stuff that was completely unrelated to the test at hand.

Couldn’t have said that better.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

....and people were surprised by this? Just sayin’, I mean, it is GenricHaxor, and all…

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Fingerz Posted:

....and people were surprised by this? Just sayin’, I mean, it is GenricHaxor, and all…

Not really surprised (speaking for myself), but ****ed off nonetheless.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Fran Posted:

Not really surprised (speaking for myself), but ****ed off nonetheless.

This, I didn’t bother explaining what was going on because I thought it was obvious.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

He spent 3 hours grinding for pink floyd. I just can’t wait to see him complain when the test servers are wiped.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

CrinkzPipe Posted:

He spent 3 hours grinding for pink floyd. I just can’t wait to see him complain when the test servers are wiped.

why would i complain? i only got floyd so i could hit some higher level forums.

the test server is a test server. i know that it’s not permanent.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

the thing is, it’s going to get wiped. why would you put in so much effort for something that is going to be wiped. you accomplished nothing.

the test needed like 10 minutes of playing. there was no reason to play higher level forums and level characters.

it looks like most people (myself included) don’t understand why you would ever want to waste time playing the test game that is identical to the current live game apart for a couple threads knowing full well everything you do will disappear. It’s a lot of wasted effort given the test is over

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

the thing is, it’s going to get wiped. why would you put in so much effort for something that is going to be wiped. you accomplished nothing.

the test needed like 10 minutes of playing. there was no reason to play higher level forums and level characters.

it looks like most people (myself included) don’t understand why you would ever want to waste time playing the test game that is identical to the current live game apart for a couple threads knowing full well everything you do will disappear. It’s a lot of wasted effort given the test is over

And one of my concerns is, he’s going to burn himself out and slowly not complete later tests.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

CrinkzPipe Posted:

And one of my concerns is, he’s going to burn himself out and slowly not complete later tests.

plz tell me that’s a joke. no matter how badly i want to pwn higher level forums to eliminate FIABM’s hegemony, i finished what ET asked first.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

offtopic but who is fiabm

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

generichaxor Posted:

plz tell me that’s a joke. no matter how badly i want to pwn higher level forums to eliminate FIABM’s hegemony, i finished what ET asked first.

Yes, but thi is a short plan. But if your going to clock 20+ hours in EACH plan? I doubt you will do a later plan if it’s bigger. Plus you are spamming up the test forums with useless information.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

So basically you’re punishing him for testing your game too much?

Will you procede to punish people for buying too many Brownie Points? Will you punish people who send you too many notices of found exploits? Will you punish people who make too good suggestions in GD?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Big Brother Posted:

So basically you’re punishing him for testing your game too much?

Will you procede to punish people for buying too many Brownie Points? Will you punish people who send you too many notices of found exploits? Will you punish people who make too good suggestions in GD?

Here comes the regular stupid post by a user who doesn’t read the entire thread.

The point is, he isn’t TESTING ANYTHING. The testing plan was to do 2 things, he did them and he continues to do **** and complain about it.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

offtopic but who is fiabm

Fortunato Is A Beautiful Mofo

he’s already gotten to pwn all the higher level forums and nobody yelled at him for doing it. so i don’t really see why it’s so wrong for me to.

Notice how all of you let him pwn VGC, yet when I try for it, it’s a sin against humanity.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Yes, but thi is a short plan. But if your going to clock 20+ hours in EACH plan? I doubt you will do a later plan if it’s bigger. Plus you are spamming up the test forums with useless information.

I do what every plan tells us to do first. Like ET / McB said, we are here to get data as ET asks. So I’ll always get the data first, barring serious irl complications which have no correlation to the game.

Mod Edit: Link to test forum removed. This post is now under review.

ghax edited this message on 06/05/2009 10:52PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

generichaxor Posted:

Fortunato Is A Beautiful Mofo

he’s already gotten to pwn all the higher level forums and nobody yelled at him for doing it. so i don’t really see why it’s so wrong for me to.

Notice how all of you let him pwn VGC, yet when I try for it, it’s a sin against humanity.

Because he isn’t making 1000 posts about it. The main reason is you’re annoying everybody by spamming the ****ing test forums up with useless ****. Learn to ****ing read posts made by ET and think before you make a post.

Mod Edit: Link to test forum removed. This post is now under review.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Because he isn’t making 1000 posts about it. The main reason is you’re annoying everybody by spamming the ****ing test forums up with useless ****. Learn to ****ing read posts made by ET and think before you make a post.

last thread i made in GT was about the Kyoubai bug, a legit, albeit not very interesting, bug.

MC Banhammer Posted:

The lack of a tubmail notification box is not something in the “this might not be working” list, so it’s perfectly legit to report.

last i checked, actual bugs that hadn’t yet been reported were supposed to be mentioned.

ghax edited this message on 06/05/2009 10:53PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

generichaxor Posted:

last i checked, actual bugs that hadn’t yet been reported were supposed to be mentioned.

Except I fail to see how a Kyoubai bug is remotely involved with the items we’re testing at the moment.

It’s like saying, “INCIT ISN’T WORKING WTF!?”

You’re not TESTING INCIT, so the funtionality of it is worthless to mention.

EDIT: You’re not testing out the new server, you’re testing the new mechanics.

Shii edited this message on 06/05/2009 10:56PM

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

to be fair, ET did say it was cool to look for issues with the stuff not in his list of stuff that he turned off.

most issues are in the past now and both parties involved here have issues with letting stuff die.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!