Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
FAQ I'm Shii and I can't think of original thread ideas; ask me questions

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

kraigu Posted:

t.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

kraigu Posted:

I’m no theist, but KNOWING how things will turn out and doing nothing to change it is not the same as not having any power.

You can watch a ball rolling off a table, and know that it will fall to the ground, but just because you don’t catch it doesn’t mean that you couldn’t.

That’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about knowing that you are going to go catch that ball. And if you then do not go catch it, you are changing the future(?), fitting this in with an omnipotent being just makes my head hurt.

I’M A SIG-DISABLING male reproductive organMONGLER

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Here’s a few fun reasons I read once in a Philosophy book which was used to explain the omniscience + omnipotence + omnibenevolence yet somehow evil + free will.

Note that they do not all come from the same source and may not mesh with each other necessarily and this is Coles versioned all to hell, so they may sound more like retardation than they actually are in full form by someone who is good at communicating thoughts.

1. Evil doesn’t exist at all, it is merely the absence of Good to one degree or another so all we are perceiving are differences in the scale.

2. This is in fact the best of all possible worlds and bad things occur because we have been given free will which is necessary to truly and honestly love God which is so much better than being forced to love him through control of our lives that it makes up for everything else.

3. God is all knowing on more of a technicality, he is more specifically omnipresent, he exists in all times and all places at once and as such knows everything while not necessarily before that time since we only perceive the motion of time which is utterly irrelevant to Him.

The Satanist version just for fun?

God is actually lying to you, he wanted a bunch of puppets but Satan gave you free will so that you could pursue knowledge and the bettering of the self (If God wanted us to have knowledge why did he forbid us from eating of the tree of knowledge?) And now God is basically making up stories and badmouthing Satan.

[15:09] <Dunatis> The US is very good at not getting involved in major worlds wars until the last year or two and then giving itself all the credit

[15:10] <&Phuquit> and it seems to me that the US feels so bad about turning up late for the last 2 world wars that it’s determined to be REALLY punctual for the next one

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Dunatis Posted:

3. God is all knowing on more of a technicality, he is more specifically omnipresent, he exists in all times and all places at once and as such knows everything while not necessarily before that time since we only perceive the motion of time which is utterly irrelevant to Him.

I’M A SIG-DISABLING male reproductive organMONGLER

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!