Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Anyone else watching the Obama conference in Egypt at the tubes live?

KenKaniff

Avatar: 143897 Tue Mar 03 14:45:58 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

http://www.youtube.com/whitehouse

It’s mildly interesting. The man is a cool guy.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

speech was pretty meh but this made me lol (isreal’s reaction)

While the professionalism and conviction Obama delivered his speech was praised by some Israeli officials, others felt the president’s reference to the Holocaust followed by a direct pbumage where he spoke of the suffering and humiliation of the Palestinian people was hurtful and unnecessary.

Exogon

Avatar: 68228 2009-11-05 09:03:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Tomorrow he’s in Germany, visiting beautiful Dresden, a city heavily destroyed in WWII by the U.S.

KenKaniff

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Exogon Posted:

Tomorrow he’s in Germany, visiting beautiful Dresden, a city heavily destroyed in WWII by the U.S.

Have to give him props for being dedicated. Somehow I don’t imagine Bush would be as pbumionate about the things Obama touch into.

Blaaaahrack Oblaaaaahma: “lol heres me pretendin 2 care, n00bs!” Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Blaaaahrack Oblaaaaahma: “lol heres me pretendin 2 care, n00bs!” Log in to see images!

Lewis Carroll

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Obama is the white horseman of the Apocalypse.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I for one am at least somewhat happy to have a president not unilaterally supporting the endless settlement building in palestine.

DarkArmy

Avatar: 168859 Thu Jul 23 14:34:06 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

he had got to be the worst president in history

Fortunato Posted:

I for one am at least somewhat happy to have a president not unilaterally supporting the endless settlement building in palestine.

hahahaha Bush said the exact. same. thing. in like 2002 when he went over there.

Please review my previous comment for important details re: US foreign policy.

KenKaniff

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

DarkArmy Posted:

he had got to be the worst president in history

As far as I know, Obama has done a good job. He certainly seems a lot better than Bush, that’s for sure. What has he done that’s so bad?

In b4 fine upstanding member of society

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

KenKaniff Posted:

What has he done that’s so bad?

Nothing. He was handed the keys to a broken down old pickup truck, and was expected to win the Cannonball Run the next day. And because he hasn’t fixed everything yet, he’s a ‘horrible president’.

As an Independent, I find it incredibly humorous when partisan politics gets this ridiculous.

DarkArmy

Level 35 Hacker

Lets look at the numbers

787 – Thats how many billions of dollars he spent on a so called stimulus package.

3.7 – Thats how many TRILLIONS dollars he proposed as a budget for 2010

25,000 – Thats how much money each american citizen would have gotten of the stimulus package.

(I didnt get mine yet Drrrrr)

82 – Thats the percent our debt would take from our Gross Domestic Product

1 – Thats how many Trillion dollars our national deficit is

24 – Thats the percent of our total debt is owed to china

never – Thats when we will recover from government spending

2030 – Estimated year the US economy will completely collapse.

No he’s a wonderful president… if you are chinese

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

DarkArmy Posted:

Lets look at the numbers

82 – Thats the percent our debt would take from our Gross Domestic Product

1 – Thats how many Trillion dollars our national deficit is

24 – Thats the percent of our total debt is owed to china

never – Thats when we will recover from government spending

2030 – Estimated year the US economy will completely collapse.

No he’s a wonderful president… if you are chinese

Wow! He caused all of that in just 150 days? I had no idea.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Plus, no other president in history would ever propose a 3 Trillion Dollar budget. I mean, that would just be irresponsible, right?

And of course, he’s just going to keep on increasing that budget, right? Oh, no… wait. No, he’s not, his proposal is to create an influx of capital, and then taper off in the following years, until the budget is actually lower than it was under GWB.

Wow… it sure is amazing what you can learn when you look at the entire plan, instead of just one piece, taken out of context.

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

To me, it’s far too early to make a conclusion about whether Obama has done his job well or not. Hasn’t his plan has been in motion for just 5 months now?

Wait until the end of his term(s) to form a complete opinion. Anytime earlier is just foolish.

DarkArmy

Level 35 Hacker

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Plus, no other president in history would ever propose a 3 Trillion Dollar budget. I mean, that would just be irresponsible, right?

And of course, he’s just going to keep on increasing that budget, right? Oh, no… wait. No, he’s not, his proposal is to create an influx of capital, and then taper off in the following years, until the budget is actually lower than it was under GWB.

Wow… it sure is amazing what you can learn when you look at the entire plan, instead of just one piece, taken out of context.

First of I was no GWB fan. As far as im concerned the only thing he was worried about was making a name for himself in the history books and filling his pockets will oil money. He completely forgot there was a country to run when the war started.

It doesnt matter what obama’s future budget is if his initial spending package has already crippled the economy. Its like a putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. Maybe you can wrap your mind around that.

I not taking anything out of context, Facts are fact, he himself didnt do all of it. GWB sent the ball rolling. But Obama gave it the biggest push of all. All the presidents in office give their plans and proposals but how many follow through with them. Not many at all. Its clear as B/W what he has already done has done great harm to this country and you are too foolish to see it.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

DarkArmy Posted:

First of I was no GWB fan. As far as im concerned the only thing he was worried about was making a name for himself in the history books and filling his pockets will oil money. He completely forgot there was a country to run when the war started.

Which led us down a very dark path… think about that for a moment.

It doesnt matter what obama’s future budget is if his initial spending package has already crippled the economy. Its like a putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. Maybe you can wrap your mind around that.

No, it’s more like cauterizing the wound. It’s a painful, but necessary initiative to give us the chance we need to save the system. This is no different than an IPO, where the sudden influx of bumets (so long as they are managed properly) give a company the strength to make significant and powerful changes, in order to stabilize and grow in the future. It’s not the actual size of the budget that really matters; it’s what he (and we, as a nation) does with it.

I not taking anything out of context, Facts are fact, he himself didnt do all of it.

That’s what I wanted to see. He didn’t do all of it himself. He didn’t create the problem, but he’s expected to fix it. And this is the plan that he believes has the greatest chance of success. And when you get past the politics and the skewed presentations of the numbers (like you did previously), you see a lot of good ideas, and a lot of potential.

GWB sent the ball rolling. But Obama gave it the biggest push of all.

GWB spent far more in his time in office than Obama has even proposed so far.

All the presidents in office give their plans and proposals but how many follow through with them. Not many at all.

And so, your argument is, since previous presidents didn’t ‘follow through’, then this one wont either? Sounds like you’re judging one man by the actions of other people.

Its clear as B/W what he has already done has done great harm to this country and you are too foolish to see it.

I think making such a judgment, based on such a brief sampling, and without seeing any of the results of those actions, is quite foolish. Can you show me one specific instance that has caused harm so far? Not ‘possible future harm’ based on budgets or projections. We’ve had a national debt for decades upon decades. And do you know how much the debt ceiling was increased during GWB’s time in office? 90%. In other words, the allowable amount that this nation could go into debt almost DOUBLED. Do you know how much it was raised to facilitate the new budget? 7%. And the estimate for the following year is less than 5%.

Obama was handed the keys to a broken down system.

Of course, there are alternatives to this plan, but no one want to listen to them, much less implement them.

I love to hear the false ditto, “You can’t spend your way out of a deficit!” Of course you can. I simply depends on your timetable, and what you’re spending your money on. If you invest $100 Billion in 2009 to upgrade an education system that operates on a $20 Billion annual budget, and after the upgrade, will now operate on a $7 Billion dollar budget, and your timetable is to recoup your investment in 8 years, then you’ll be successful. If you invest $250 Billion in 2009 to upgrade a transportation system that operates on a $75 Billion annual budget, and after the upgrade, will now operate on a $50 Billion dollar budget, and your timetable is to recoup your investment in 10 years, then you’ll be successful. In fact, after that 10 year period, that 350 Billion dollar investment will have saved 354 Billion dollars, and for each year after that, it will save another $38 Billion. And that’s not counting the other benefits that follow from such an investment, such as the improvements to the education & transportation system, the new jobs that are created, the movement through the economy of that money.

It’s not the amount of spending that matters; it’s the effectiveness of that spending. And this budget is one of the most effective we’ve seen in years.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/08/2009 11:44AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

itc:

Political Flamebait

* Attack 350

* Douchebaggery -8

* Refresh 1

Seriously. We’re having a serious political conversation on a site whose point of reference is trolling? I was sucked in for one post, I’ll admit. But now I’ll call this what it is, pure flamebait.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

But it’s on NO SRSLY, so why not.

My short comment on the household: Better spend millions of billions on restructuring a broken system than on military escapades. The argument that Democrats ive away all the money way to fast is no argument.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!