Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News [CLOSED] Is Bingebot dead?

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Also I’ll stop using my visits for a week if Ricket will Log in to see images!

I don’t really care if my loop gets screwed with due to a theme week, so I see no reason to stop using my visits.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Amasius Posted:

that wouldn’t be the case with another, more interesting theme that adds something new instead of just removing a way to gain scoops?

Well, suggest one then. It’s not as if I’m capable of getting into the server and implementing a theme anyway. I think it sounds interesting since switches and stray bullets would be even more valuable than they are already. Personally, I think that shaking things up and experimenting with themes is important enough to risk having a “bad” theme week. If every theme is debated ahead of time to make sure that everybody is okay with it, nothing interesting is ever going to happen.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I think you are all losing sight of the fact that it is my call.

So far I am leaning towards no chocolate – but I’m willing to compromise on a choice of Fiesta, no stray bullets, or reverting bumholes to 6 damage if it will stop the bickering.

More importantly, I’d like Bingebot to tell us how many more weeks are left in this season.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

plk Posted:

Yes, I am aware that you’ve been complaining about pistachio for a long time. Just wait out the week on those alts that will finish their streaks. Is that so hard or are you somehow medaling every single week on every alt? Someone who doesn’t have alts and is at the top of their streak can do the same damn thing.

So you are advocating a theme week where you think people without alts should either suck it up and waste 5 weeks of prep or they should sit out the week and not play rather than waste their streak? And why exactly is picking something that will make less people play a good thing?

Fiesta is always a nice choice. Raiders of the Lost scoops would be fine.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

scully Posted:

So you are advocating a theme week where you think people without alts should either suck it up and waste 5 weeks of prep or they should sit out the week and not play rather than waste their streak? And why exactly is picking something that will make less people play a good thing?

What’s raiders again? I forget.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Malaise Posted:

What’s raiders again? I forget.

Klan vanilla = 3 scoops. I’d like to try it with 2.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Domination_Theme_Weeks

I’d rather just see Stray Bullet killed off than have a theme week at all.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Klan vanilla = 3 scoops. I’d like to try it with 2.

Oh yeah right.

scully Posted:

Raiders of the Lost scoops would be fine.

Not on my watch, Sister.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Removing pistachio would then give the advantage to those who have high buildr scores, or players who have enough alts available to push forums for vanilla. Or who are at the point in their streak (or the right character clbum) to earn decent amounts of lemon.

Just change the streak so it loops around at some value, 48, 52, 56 or something like that. I think we’d learn more from a progressive evolution of small changes to this game than a wholesale change. This wouldn’t be a theme week though as it would be an experiment that would require longer than a week to perform.

Also I’ll stop using my visits for a week if Ricket will Log in to see images!

If someone is at the point in the game where she or he is really playing competitively, that person should certainly have a high enough buildr score to earn enough chocolate scoops to be competitive. I don’t really understand how someone could choose to neglect such a big part of the game for weeks and likely months on end and then complain when that choice negatively impacts them later.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

scully Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Domination_Theme_Weeks

I’d rather just see Stray Bullet killed off than have a theme week at all.

Or has some bumociated cost or penalty instead of just being a straight 4 scoops for 4 scoops trade.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

scully Posted:

Like I said, I don’t think it would make fewer people play. I think more people might play or people with alts would play on different characters. But it’s pretty hard to tell if nothing ever actually happens.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Raiding would screw up my pistachio loop, and I therefore oppose any raiders of the lost scoop theme weeks with that airtight reasoning. Log in to see images!

Seriously though, if the threads discussing theme weeks have taught us anything, it’s that when Binge gets a theme idea he likes, he implements it, regardless of whatever public outcry there is. Srs dom players can’t and shouldn’t always get a free ride with theme weeks, where nothing negatively affects them. It’s just a week, and that isn’t going to ruin your season.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Ricket Posted:

Raiding would screw up my pistachio loop, and I therefore oppose any raiders of the lost scoop theme weeks with that airtight reasoning. Log in to see images!

Seriously though, if the threads discussing theme weeks have taught us anything, it’s that when Binge gets a theme idea he likes, he implements it, regardless of whatever public outcry there is. Srs dom players can’t and shouldn’t always get a free ride with theme weeks, where nothing negatively affects them. It’s just a week, and that isn’t going to ruin your season.

I just think we need to go with something that is already coded because otherwise we will be waiting weeks for implementation.

Also, as I think has been pretty much nailed above, removing pistachio won’t help the less serious players it will just mean people like me will run 5 spare alts in mid and low level brackets and win 15 medals.

I say Fiesta. At least it means the last minute pistachios could land anywhere and not necessarily help mins or fav.

Malaise edited this message on 07/07/2009 5:03AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

plk Posted:

Well, suggest one then. It’s not as if I’m capable of getting into the server and implementing a theme anyway. I think it sounds interesting since switches and stray bullets would be even more valuable than they are already. Personally, I think that shaking things up and experimenting with themes is important enough to risk having a “bad” theme week. If every theme is debated ahead of time to make sure that everybody is okay with it, nothing interesting is ever going to happen.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

This, I’ve been shouting theme weeks for a long time just to keep things interesting and for testing purposes. Another Raiders weeks would do the same thing as no Pistachios by overpowering Klan raiding in some Brackets and even if there was no Pistachio, it’s only the top Dom players who really get screwed, and even then only 1/4th of them and even then only those that care.

Changing how scoops are awarded will mess up somebody period, when I saw Raiders I didn’t bother that week at all since I knew I had no hope and something absurd like “Only Antifreeze scoops this week” would throw a mbumive wrench into people’s plans but be very interesting in how people would use such an extremely limited and near perfectly even amount of scoops.

tldr, You can’t please everyone so let’s shake things up every so often.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I really don’t care nearly enough to argue anything. I don’t even pistachio loop half the time and it will be considerably easier for me to blow up everyone’s crap if they have fewer scoops.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Malaise Posted:

I think you are all losing sight of the fact that it is my call.

You weren’t the first to make this type of thread. And I even waited nearly a week before making mine.

Lucky Fort

Avatar: 166242 Sun Mar 22 21:24:17 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 1 Re-Re

posting to publicly state I wouldn’t bother raiding if we ran raiders again.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Malaise Posted:

More importantly, I’d like Bingebot to tell us how many more weeks are left in this season.

It ends this week!

Or how about it ends in 3 weeks! For serious.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

It ends this week!

Or how about it ends in 3 weeks! For serious.

Whoa, really? That was a short season. o-o

I guess I’d better start playing again. Damnit.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

So soon? it felt like it wasn’t long ago this season started

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!