Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News [CLOSED] Is Bingebot dead?

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Amasius Posted:

Signed. CZ adds more stuff to the game all the time but is unable/unwilling to balance it properly or – see Itembuildr – to enforce the rules. Oh, and I can hardly remember the last theme week…

That’s true, it’s probably about time for a theme. Preference?

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

That’s true, it’s probably about time for a theme. Preference?

How about no pistachio scoops for a week? Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Ricket Posted:

Really? I’ll do it, I swear!

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Do it. I don’t think you have the guts. Log in to see images!

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Yeah, how about we ban Ricket for trolling and discuss this rationally.

I started this thread, therefore the theme should be my choice.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Ricket Posted:

Do it.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Do it. Do it NAOGH.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Make it so that it’s not all about the last second pwn of a forum in the higher brackets? Everyone has equal odds for a week (other than saved visits on Wednesday)? DO IT!!!

Daddy Dong

[Ding-Dong]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Overpowered pistachio is a fundamental problem that can’t be solved with just a theme week. Such a theme would only screw those who’ll finish their streak in that week. Bad idea.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Make a theme that you can only get scoops per 200 posts on flamebate. Then sit back and watch the spam happen.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Daddy Dong Posted:

Overpowered pistachio is a fundamental problem that can’t be solved with just a theme week. Such a theme would only screw those who’ll finish their streak in that week. Bad idea.

Theme weeks don’t solve anything by themselves, but it would at least be different and might inspire more people to do something who are utterly burnt out on grinding pistachio loops forever. And it would shed some light on what huge pistachio streaks are doing to the game. I don’t know about you, but I am so bored with doing the same thing over and over again that I can’t even be bothered to play most of the time.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Fiestas are always fun.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Daddy Dong Posted:

You can always sit on your visits for a week if you don’t think you can medal without pistachio.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

plk Posted:

Theme weeks don’t solve anything by themselves, but it would at least be different and might inspire more people to do something who are utterly burnt out on grinding pistachio loops forever. And it would shed some light on what huge pistachio streaks are doing to the game. I don’t know about you, but I am so bored with doing the same thing over and over again that I can’t even be bothered to play most of the time.

Of course pistachio streaks are a big problem and I’m pretty sure I was the first who pointed that out some months ago. A no-pistachio theme week would be less of a problem for people who have several streaks going all the time like myself – the week after the theme I’ll still have an alt that will finish his streak. But a player without alts who just finishes his streak that week would lose his advantage he has worked so long for and would have to wait weeks until he’s competitive again.

I’m all for a theme week but please something that doesn’t suck and the last new themes unfortunately did.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Amasius Posted:

Of course pistachio streaks are a big problem and I’m pretty sure I was the first who pointed that out some months ago. A no-pistachio theme week would be less of a problem for people who have several streaks going all the time like myself – the week after the theme I’ll still have an alt that will finish his streak. But a player without alts who just finishes his streak that week would lose his advantage he has worked so long for and would have to wait weeks until he’s competitive again.

I’m all for a theme week but please something that doesn’t suck and the last new themes unfortunately did.

Yes, I am aware that you’ve been complaining about pistachio for a long time. Just wait out the week on those alts that will finish their streaks. Is that so hard or are you somehow medaling every single week on every alt? Someone who doesn’t have alts and is at the top of their streak can do the same damn thing.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

plk Posted:

Yes, I am aware that you’ve been complaining about pistachio for a long time. Just wait out the week on those alts that will finish their streaks. Is that so hard or are you somehow medaling every single week on every alt?

In such a theme week I’d just enable the alts with the most medals this season to bring as many of them into the top bracket as possible to give Ricket a hard time – yeah, several alts in the same bracket is another problem that should be fixed.

plk Posted:

Someone who doesn’t have alts and is at the top of their streak can do the same damn thing.

There would still be the problem that if everybody with a top streak would do that the next week twice as many people would finish their streak and so more or less half the chance to medal of those people.

And being forced not to play a week just to keep your streak would really suck, you’d have to wait 5 weeks instead of “just” 4. Really, pistachio has to be fixed as soon as possible but a no-pistachio theme wouldn’t help at all.

Summergirl_94

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Amasius Posted:

would still be the problem that if everybody with a top streak would do that the next week twice as many people would finish their streak and so more or less half the chance to medal of those people.

And being forced not to play a week just to keep your streak would really suck, you’d have to wait 5 weeks instead of “just” 4. Really, pistachio has to be fixed as soon as possible but a no-pistachio theme wouldn’t help at all.

^

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Amasius Posted:

would still be the problem that if everybody with a top streak would do that the next week twice as many people would finish their streak and so more or less half the chance to medal of those people.

If you want to waste your time and make the week all about hitting Ricket rather than playing your lower-medaled alts or the ones with low streaks, that’s up to you. Sounds like something you would do anyway.

And for as many people as you seem to think there are who would have to wait another week to be competitive, I’d argue that there are likely at least as many who would suddenly become competitive and interested. Is the whole season seriously going to be ruined for everyone if one week out of however many months long this seasons is, is different?

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

plk Posted:

And for as many people as you seem to think there are who would have to wait another week to be competitive, I’d argue that there are likely at least as many who would suddenly become competitive and interested. Is the whole season seriously going to be ruined for everyone if one week out of however many months long this seasons is, is different?

And that wouldn’t be the case with another, more interesting theme that adds something new instead of just removing a way to gain scoops?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Removing pistachio would then give the advantage to those who have high buildr scores, or players who have enough alts available to push forums for vanilla. Or who are at the point in their streak (or the right character clbum) to earn decent amounts of lemon.

Just change the streak so it loops around at some value, 48, 52, 56 or something like that. I think we’d learn more from a progressive evolution of small changes to this game than a wholesale change. This wouldn’t be a theme week though as it would be an experiment that would require longer than a week to perform.

Also I’ll stop using my visits for a week if Ricket will Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!