Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News [CLOSED] Is Bingebot dead?

Majestic Ban-
ana Slug

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I’m serious. He hasn’t posted in over a month.

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

Majestic Banana Slug Posted:

I’m serious. He hasn’t posted in over a month.

Guess you missed the part about “no more dom changes until episode 3”

Majestic Ban-
ana Slug

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Phariad Posted:

Guess you missed the part about “no more dom changes until episode 3”

He still normally responds to threads and does theme weeks from time to time.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

scully Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/35987-well-apparently-bingebot-has-decided-to-leave-crotch-zombie

And now for a serious answer.

No, he’s not dead. He’s been on recently, he just hasn’t posted.

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

scully Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/35987-well-apparently-bingebot-has-decided-to-leave-crotch-zombie

How is was always 2 days ahead of me? I think he knows the future and uses that knowledge to steal all my good ideas.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Dom is a game which requires constant maintenance. Saying ‘no more changes until episode 3’ is equivalent to saying ‘we’re not going to bother maintaining this game, because it’s not important enough, and not a high enough priority’ Except for the community itself, it’s really the only thing that keeps long term players around, and it’s flaws are why we eventually lose so many of these players, which in turn harms the community.

There are changes which have needed to be made for months, in raiding, pistachio etc. Simple changes which would not require hardly any effort, but would require monitoring of the effects, in order to then make further, small, easy to make adjustments. We had to wait for 6 months for changes to klan raiding, and then the job was left only half done. This is immensely frustrating.

So what’s the deal with developer apathy/indifference?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Fiasco Posted:

How is was always 2 days ahead of me? I think he knows the future and uses that knowledge to steal all my good ideas.

Why do you think they call him ‘was’?

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Dom is a game which requires constant maintenance. Saying ‘no more changes until episode 3’ is equivalent to saying ‘we’re not going to bother maintaining this game, because it’s not important enough, and not a high enough priority’ Except for the community itself, it’s really the only thing that keeps long term players around, and it’s flaws are why we eventually lose so many of these players, which in turn harms the community.

There are changes which have needed to be made for months, in raiding, pistachio etc. Simple changes which would not require hardly any effort, but would require monitoring of the effects, in order to then make further, small, easy to make adjustments. We had to wait for 6 months for changes to klan raiding, and then the job was left only half done. This is immensely frustrating.

So what’s the deal with developer apathy/indifference?

Or, it could be that a number of the imminent potential changes that will occur with both the new Battle System and Episode Three will have a significant impact on forum pwning and raiding overall, and Binge would like to see those results before making any changes to Domination, because that’s in the best interest of the community; to make informed and intelligent changes instead of simply ‘patchworking’ the problem.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Acid Flux Posted:

Or, it could be that a number of the imminent potential changes that will occur with both the new Battle System and Episode Three will have a significant impact on forum pwning and raiding overall, and Binge would like to see those results before making any changes to Domination, because that’s in the best interest of the community; to make informed and intelligent changes instead of simply ‘patchworking’ the problem.

That is a nice thought, but if the clbumes are to be divided, and ET has flat out said that dividing them is part of the gameplay tuneup that should be starting next week, how could any of it possibly have any impact on Dom? The only flava that is impacted by the mechanics of each clbum is lemon. Sure, we’d like to see lemon balanced, but it should naturally correct with the clbum splits. Waiting until October or whenever to do some additional Dom tweaking “in case Ep 3 things have an impact” is literally saying “we’d like you to play this broken thing for 5 more months.”

Realistically, even if it is too much to think of how to deal with pistachio and klan vanilla, how hard would it be to temporarily remove Stray Bullet from the card pool and switch The bumhole so it only hits for 6 if the player deploying it had 4+ scoops?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Morning scully!

Itt much wisdom. strong attack is nice for people who really don’t know how to play. anyone who knows how to play, however, ends up in a place where there’s no alternative to a mad rush in the last ten minutes and praying you have enough shields.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

My point is that a lot is being said about a single comment that wasn’t exactly written in stone, and that Binge can easily change his mind once he gets some feedback on the Battle System testing, which is going to start very soon (I hope).

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Sergeant Cid Posted:

No, he’s not dead. He’s been on recently, he just hasn’t posted.

I for one am just happy that BingeBot is safe and okay.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

How do we know it was him if he didn’t post? It could be an imposter and he’s lying dead on the floor, tragically clutching scribbled notes for the solution to dom balance.

bumtroNAUGHTy

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

My point is that a lot is being said about a single comment that wasn’t exactly written in stone, and that Binge can easily change his mind once he gets some feedback on the Battle System testing, which is going to start very soon (I hope).

written in stone? no. but his actions are backing up the words pretty well.

I appreciate what you’re trying to say/do, but gameplay isn’t going to fix the broken klan raids. it’s not going to fix the overpowered pistachio.

binge put together a “dom advisory board” with the hopes of fixing these things then never did anything with it. dom isn’t just about hitting 1 and 2… it’s strategy, or it should be. strategy right now doesn’t have nearly as much to do with winning medals as playing to your max pistachio at the last second.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

bumtroNAUGHTy Posted:

binge put together a “dom advisory board” with the hopes of fixing these things then never did anything with it. dom isn’t just about hitting 1 and 2… it’s strategy, or it should be. strategy right now doesn’t have nearly as much to do with winning medals as playing to your max pistachio at the last second.

Dom is more about luck than strategy nowadays.

Luck as in having a streak higher than the next person threatening to medal.

Luck as in having enough shields to handle last minute attacks.

Luck as in praying that people who aren’t medalling don’t hold a crutch against you and bumhole your bum (lol, I made a pun and didn’t even notice it) simply for the heck of it.

And the list goes on. Log in to see images! Fran edited this message on 06/01/2009 9:26AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Acid Flux Posted:

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Perfectly understandable, however knowing that there will be changes doesn’t mean that there still can’t be theme weeks to test out potential card changes or even just keep things interesting. There’s a few threads that had hundreds of suggestions for new cards and for theme weeks what could be very interesting.

Also it has nothing to do with the end times which is fairly independent of changes done to characters unless it somehow removes the last 5 minutes rush which I’d see as impossible without mbumive changes to Dom itself.

Of course it might be that setting up a theme week is a bit more work than changing a 1 to a 3 in the coding for raiding and making a banner, but we don’t know this and equate no response or actions (presumably for 5 months) to laziness or just being fed up with our whining.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

He’s alive and well, I forwarded him this thread so hopefully he’ll post Log in to see images!

As for the whole “No DOM changes until Episode 3” thing, it’s a lot more complicated than it might seem and probably warrants a formal, longer response.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

<START TRANSMISSION>

Greetings all,

Your tl;dr is very nice. Thank you for your emoticons and emotions with regards to my absence. My systems have been down and was under repair. I am here. Don’t cry for me.

In all seriousness I’ve effectively switched full time jobs over the last while and the new responsibilities keep me busy during the day, so I don’t have as much time to post. I’ve also moved places (had no internet for a week) so yeah, I’m around, I do log onto the site, check things out and lurk, just haven’t had time to post. Perhaps there will be a time when I can focus on forumwarz (so buy stuff so they can hire me!) Log in to see images!

As for the Dom Advisory Board, I haven’t forgotten and will follow up with those who are interested. I do intend to put forward a plan to improve things, but as ET said, the dev (or lack there of) around Dom requires a more formal answer to address why things change at the rate they do. Stand by.

Thank you all for the kind words. I love you too.

<END TRANSMISSION>

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

He’s alive and well, I forwarded him this thread so hopefully he’ll post Log in to see images!

As for the whole “No DOM changes until Episode 3” thing, it’s a lot more complicated than it might seem and probably warrants a formal, longer response.

I’d still like to hear what this formal, longer response is. It seems to me like there are some insanely simple things that could be done to improve this game, that would probably take minutes of your time to change.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I’d still like to hear what this formal, longer response is. It seems to me like there are some insanely simple things that could be done to improve this game, that would probably take minutes of your time to change.

Signed. CZ adds more stuff to the game all the time but is unable/unwilling to balance it properly or – see Itembuildr – to enforce the rules. Oh, and I can hardly remember the last theme week…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!