Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Making Games Harder than they should be

X - x

[WeChall]

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Sometimes a game won’t satisfy you as it may be too easy, or not hard enough. This thread is dedicated to taking difficulty to bat**** bonkers territory. Noww then I believe I shall get the ball rolling:

Final Fantasy 1, All Black Mages party: The Black Mage is the weakest character in the game, they have pathetic attack power, the defensive equivelent of a caterpillar, and limited in terms of weapons. Sure they are good with the great spells, but that’s it, they’ll drop like flies the rest of the time.

X-Com Terror from the Deep, only use basic weapons: TFTD is hard, really hard, so lets make it harder, by not upgrading to actually usefull weapons. The weapons you start with mostly suck when fighting the alien menance, taking multiple hits to kill them, while they can kill you in one shot with their weapons. So to make this game near impossible, only use your ****ty basic weapons and useless armor. Have fun with the colonies!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Zelda Twilight Princess

Doing the Cave of Ordeals after the first clear (when Room #49 has 4 Darknuts):

– With only 3 Heart Pieces

– Without any Quiver Upgrades

– Without any Bomb Bag Upgrades

– Without any Hidden Skills except Ending Blow (since that one’s obligatory)

– Without Hawkeye, Magic Armor or Hero’s Shield

– Without an Orden Shield (burn it if necessary).

I read about that on GameFAQS a while ago and gave it a try, I was all FFFFFFFUUUUUU——- at room #38.

anonymoushax-
or

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

beat the game using only a team of 6 magikarps

once u hit high levels, ur flail and tackle attacks should be able to hit for large enough amounts

(pokémon)

get your starter, buy the magikarp (red/blue/yellow?/FR/LG)

catch 5 (6 if u don’t buy one) then release your starter and anything else you have.

———————————-

you can try w/o items if you want, but that just means a lot of grinding

anonymoushaxor edited this message on 05/29/2009 10:01PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

like half of the maple story characters

Synge

Level 52 Troll

“eBaum”

IWBTG. The one game that doesn’t need any restrictions or modifications to be “OH GOD WHY AM I DOING THIS” hard.

[quote=X – x]X-Com Terror from the Deep, only use basic weapons: TFTD is hard, really hard, so lets make it harder, by not upgrading to actually usefull weapons. The weapons you start with mostly suck when fighting the alien menance, taking multiple hits to kill them, while they can kill you in one shot with their weapons. So to make this game near impossible, only use your ****ty basic weapons and useless armor. Have fun with the colonies![/quote]

Oh god, the flashbacks… Log in to see images!

Also, for further “fun” in that game, there’s “night missions only” and “no MC” restrictions.

Edit: Damn it, why won’t the quote tags work?

Synge edited this message on 05/29/2009 11:06PM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

An all Black Mage party I actually did once and it wasn’t that bad once you get second level spells. You can avoid most battles and just nuke everything else. It’s the all White Mage parties which suck hardcore.

Take any Strategy game and try to get to the end with all opponents alive on the highest difficulty. Beating the game may be easy, but keeping some retard computer alive whenn they have no units and only one town left and insist on being at war with everyone else for some friggin’ reason. I try to do this and on Master of Orion 2 it’s in the AI that after a certain point they MUST be at war with someone, no matter what, and it must include another computer player.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Metal gear solid 4’s Big Boss Emblem.

It’s p much the highest rank you could ever get in MGS4. You can’t get a single alert, 0 enemies killed, 0 rations used, 0 deaths on the highest difficulty (3 shots and Snake is dead), and under 5 hours total game time. And if you’ve played MGS, you know it’s one hell of a long game.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

all of

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

It is possible to win Deus Ex without using any items. No weapons, nothing.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Nillo Posted:

It is possible to win Deus Ex without using any items. No weapons, nothing.

Good god how?!

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Chawin Posted:

Good god how?!

You don’t need to kill anyone except for some key figures, so just run through and focus on the objectives. Remember the killphrase for Anna. A full no-item video compilation can be found here.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I don’t really know. I haven’t played any of the older consoles games where you could do crazy stuff that the programmers might have overlooked (I find glitches). It’s harder nowadays.

The only one I can think of is Super Mario World. Yeah 16-bit era, wooo! Try to get all the secret areas in the game without the aid of the ”!” blocks (meaning you don’t use ! switch palaces). This isn’t that hard and it does count against you when you can’t get a “complete” mark next to you save file. There’s one place in Star Road that makes that really difficult.

I tried to make Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past “super easy” and super hard which bit me in the bum both times. Try to beat the level 3 boss in the dark world with a level 4 sword (meaning, yes, you have to get the gloves from level 4, beat levels 5 and 6, get the bomb and then upgarde your sword). Guess what- the boss isn’t affected by a level 4 sword.

Then I tried a new game. Using basic armor, the least amount of hearts, level 2 sword (and something else I can’t remember) I went up against Ganon. ...yeah, level 2 sword doesn’t affect him.

And that was how I wasted my youth.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I only ever cared about the endgame collections and stuff. That’s what I would waste my life on. In competitive games (ie pokemon) I would try to build ideal teams for competition that didn’t use illegal or too-strong chars (such as mew, mewtwo, the other illegal supers)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!