Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Database maintenance

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

On the last day of my recent vacation, I noticed a bunch of errors from the site about the database being unreachable. I thought this was unusual, but it seemed to fix itself so I decided to look into it when I got back.

Sure enough, the problem persisted, but for short bursts. Every 12-24 hours or so the database would crash, then restart itself and continue serving requests fine. What I didn’t notice was that it was also causing our nightly backups to fail! This morning I noticed it while going through the logs and decided to fix it ASAP.

Unfortunately, as I delved into it deeper, I discovered that two tables in the database had become corrupt. I’d always heard of MySQL corrupting data, but never had the pleasure of experiencing it until now. I’m not sure what caused it — I probably never will — but I set out to fix it.

Every solution I googled for failed, which sucked. So I was forced to restore the two missing tables from the last successful backup of the site, which is about 2 days old.

What this means is that you may be missing tubmails or upgrades to your characters if they came in the last two days. I’m awfully sorry about this, but I did my best to recover the data and couldn’t.

If upgrades are missing, a simple respec will fix the problem by visiting Haxlrose. If you notice one or more of your stats is negative, try this page and it’ll fix you right up.

Finally, as our way of saying sorry for the downtime, I’ve given 3 extra visits to all players. Enjoy them!

– The Evilest of Trouts

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Talk about double snares.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Cool, now fix Itembuilder. Log in to see images!

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

And thus my alt fabulous personballs007 has 19 visits. Too bad she’s not level 35.

Summergirl_94

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

It’s 2:30 AM here and I doubt I’ll have the opportunity to make use of most of the extra visits across my alts. If they just go up in smoke at rollover they’ll just be an extra reward for being AmericanLog in to see images!

Bale

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I was finally successful and got a Pink Floyd at Kyoubai:

But unfortunately there is no TM, so no Pink Floyd for me and the Flezz is lost. Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Summergirl_94 Posted:

they’ll just be an extra reward for being AmericanLog in to see images!

God Bless The U.S.A.!

I hope your visits are still there for you in the Morning, SG.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Acid Flux Posted:

God Bless The U.S.A.!

I hope your visits are still there for you in the Morning, SG.

they will be there, but s/he won’t get his/her extra 4 visits for the day.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Summergirl_94 Posted:

It’s 2:30 AM here and I doubt I’ll have the opportunity to make use of most of the extra visits across my alts. If they just go up in smoke at rollover they’ll just be an extra reward for being AmericanLog in to see images!

If you have more than 12 visits, you just don’t gain any new ones. So they don’t go away, you just lose potential new ones. Unless that’s what you meant (I am tired now.)

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

Every solution I googled for failed, which sucked.

Anyone who says Forumwarz is no longer the small garage project of Evil Trout from his heart needs to look back at this. When the owner of the site has to google-fish for solutions, the images of Steve Wasniac’s homebrew computer catching on fire come to mind.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Raepdog Posted:

Anyone who says Forumwarz is no longer the small garage project of Evil Trout from his heart needs to look back at this. When the owner of the site has to google-fish for solutions, the images of Steve Wasniac’s homebrew computer catching on fire come to mind.

Well said.

We should all take this opportunity to say good job Trout. We may be bumholes most of the time, but we really do appreciate your hard work.

That, and this is what you get for thinking you could go on vacation.

harley-mcgee

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

useless program that only wastes space.exec harley-mcgee 779,100 Closed

****.MILF.asian.mammary glands.great timesshot.latina.interracial.anal.girls.dvda harley-mcgee 569,356 Closed

****.MILF.asian.mammary glands.great timesshot.latina.interracial.anal.girls.dvda harley-mcgee 1,417,500 Closed

Sadly those are items and flezz i shall never get now :[ Oh well, **** happens.

And I agree with the before, thanks for all the work ET

harley-mcgee edited this message on 05/28/2009 9:50PM

male reproductive organ Lips

Avatar: 168547 Fri Apr 03 12:50:49 -0400 2009

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Ya i lost about a mil on a bid. I guess this is why businesses pay so much for the Oracle licenses.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

CoreyJess Posted:

Well said.

We should all take this opportunity to say good job Trout. We may be bumholes most of the time, but we really do appreciate your hard work.

That, and this is what you get for thinking you could go on vacation.

Evil Trout does what he loves. So hes always on vacation. Which is the nice , pillow embroidery, way of saying you ain’t getting any time off.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

male reproductive organ Lips Posted:

Ya i lost about a mil on a bid. I guess this is why businesses pay so much for the Oracle licenses.

I would honestly upgrade to Oracle in a second if we had the money. It’s just a huge jump from free to $100,000 for a license Log in to see images!

Thanks for the nice notes guys, it means a lot after an incredibly stressful day of work like today.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Evil Trout Posted:

Thanks for the nice notes guys, it means a lot after an incredibly stressful day of work like today.

Oh, then I suppose my thread would be the epitome of douchebaggery at this point.

Seriously, you guys have a great thing going, and we appreciate all of your work, keep going.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

We are only kind because this is in Civil Discussion.

Keep up the good work.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

At first I was all like ‘GRRRR ARGH STUPID GAME’ but I know how much you guys put into this Log in to see images!

I’m sure any little problems will be fixed and thank you for the extra visits and keeping us informed of what’s going on.

THIS ****ING-
GAME IS SHI-
T EASY

Level 26 Re-Re

3 extra visits are really good when you’re not on the endgame yet. Thanks Evil Trout and good job.

Sari

Avatar: 144374 Wed Jul 29 16:34:39 -0400 2009

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 33 Re-Re

Respeced all my chars that needed but this char needs her incit photos file that didn’t sell back. it’s a level 24 re-re Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!