Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll OBJECTION! The jury's still out on Tucson Lepht. What's the verdict? (Ep 2 SPOILERS)

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

I enjoyed the courtroom scene, and didn’t mind the amount of time it took at all. I thought it was funny enough to play through without skipping on my alts. However, I do not want to see it shoehorned in to Ep3 just because we thought it was funny. If it fits naturally into the story then use it, if it doesn’t then leave it out.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

As popular or successful as the Tuscon Lepht thing was in episode 2, I don’t think it’s something that we really ought to repeat for episode 3, for the simple reason that the joke has run its course. Neither Phoenix Wright nor American Idol are things that are as much a part of the public consciousness as they were a year ago, and it shouldn’t be hard to find new things to mock.

At the risk of being cliche, that was so last year.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

scully Posted:

the vomit.

That was decidedly my least favorite part. Log in to see images!I’d have enjoyed the sequence much more if it hadn’t been so filled with emesis.

Also, I get my double-space after periods.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I loved it, I would love to see it come back. As said before, going through it more than 2-3 times got boring. I would love to see more parts to a court scene also. Maybe you have to play a minigame to forge some thing ECT.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Fortunato Posted:

Court scene, very funny the first time. Bothersome that the peen involved requires you to actively participate in it: if there is another, it would be nice if you could opt out but not opt out of the peen.

what? so you’re suggesting we get peens for the things we don’t want to do?

It was ok the first time, but boring on any other alt.

ChilePepino edited this message on 05/28/2009 2:39AM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

ChilePepino Posted:

what? so you’re suggesting we get peens for the things we don’t want to do?

It was ok the first time, but boring on any other alt.

I have to agree with Chile. If you want a peen, work for it. Sure it might be boring, but aren’t all peens boring in some way?

RJ the Shadow

Avatar: 126761 Fri May 15 09:24:53 -0400 2009

[Offline Chaos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I liked it, but I still don’t get it why the hell I had pistachio’s in my pocket that moment… It really had me wonderring.

I wouldn’t mind seeing someone explode to gorey pieces in the next one. I’d even strongly suggest it. ...I want it…

A surprise appearance would be cool too. Maybe The_**** has something to say? Wonder how his “drawn” version would look like… Will his face be a total chaotic-mess-youdon’twannaknowhowbad-face? And a drawn Ravit…I’m curious on that aswell.

(Just summing up. I’m at work and I’m bored Log in to see images!)

Keep the skip-bumon in it. I have more then one char, and I don’t think I’d wanna do it all over again. Its fun, but too long for more then a second time.

JANDEKU

Avatar: 77214 Thu Nov 06 20:03:31 -0500 2008

Level 39 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

I say bring it back Log in to see images!

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

CoreyJess Posted:

I enjoyed the courtroom scene, and didn’t mind the amount of time it took at all. I thought it was funny enough to play through without skipping on my alts. However, I do not want to see it shoehorned in to Ep3 just because we thought it was funny. If it fits naturally into the story then use it, if it doesn’t then leave it out.

Pretty much this.

Sick_Hacker

Avatar: 92134 2009-12-11 08:19:25 -0500

[Rowdyruff Boys]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Bring Tucson back. We need more minigames like his.

masta-hamster

[Summerfriend]

Level 31 Permanoob

“Shit-for-Brains”

I felt that TL was a perfect way to get started on Epd2. The animation and drawing was nice, but the writing for it is what made it worth it.

I’m still up in the air as to whether to keep the character of TL (concidering that TL was a courtroom persona), but small interactive flash stories felt like it provided and got the ball rolling on the pacing of Epd2, and that is what I would like to see return in Epd3.

TracerX

Avatar: 35886 Thu May 28 16:11:04 -0400 2009

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

I think it was funny but it went on way longer than it needed to, mostly because the evidence was useless and the solution was random. The joke of adventure game logic being random and silly… is not lost on me. But clbumic adventure games accidentally failed to make sense, whereas this minigame was not making sense on purpose. I think too much gameplay was thrown out the window, and I’d rather have a puzzle with consistent logic to figure out than to just fumble with randomness based on my knowledge of another game I’ve played.

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I liked that cutscene, but it should be replayable so you can get that ePeen if you missed it. =P

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

LemGambino Posted:

I liked that cutscene, but it should be replayable so you can get that ePeen if you missed it. =P

I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to miss… and you can redo the scene via http://www.forumwarz.com/court

As for the poll, I liked the court thing but I like new stuff over more of the same, so I voted no.

Ariamaki

Level 11 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Definitely enjoyed the mechanic, and all of the humor involving DrrtyCop, and the character getting mocked— The very specially drunken Paula Abdul was… Not terribly funny? A throw-away sight gag of that may have been better, but that in particular seemed to drag on.

All in all, I’m neutral— Either way, it works with me.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’m actually pleasantly surprised how many people liked it.

It was one of the things about E2 that I was most proud of, but I never really heard much praise until this thread. I doubt we’d bring back an extended court sequence like that for Ep3, but it is good to know that people enjoyed it for all the work we put into it. I personally feel it’s some of the funniest material JB has ever written.

LemGambino

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m actually pleasantly surprised how many people liked it.

It was one of the things about E2 that I was most proud of, but I never really heard much praise until this thread. I doubt we’d bring back an extended court sequence like that for Ep3, but it is good to know that people enjoyed it for all the work we put into it. I personally feel it’s some of the funniest material JB has ever written.

I’d actually like to see a sequel.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I realized last night what my issue with the trial was.

When Ep2 was ready for play, I was extremely excited, because I wanted to see what followed the wrapup of Episode 1. I expected to get contacted by someone, have a chat, and get a mission, reliving the play experience of Ep1 with all-new content.

Instead, this gratification was delayed by a lengthy court scene which didn’t immediately advance the “pause” point at the end of Ep1. I wanted to get through it to continue with the main storyline. Sure, it was very entertaining, with lots of lulz, but — it was in the way.

I wouldn’t mind, and would actually enjoy, seeing something like that come back. However, I’d like the following changes to the way it was handled with Ep2:

1) From the storyline POV, let’s jump right into where we left off, without having a distracting sidequest.

2) If it’s going to be so lengthy, allow us to choose when we want to encounter it.

MagusDiablo

Avatar: 111037 Thu Feb 05 18:28:16 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

I'm taking FlameBate as my playfield

I plead awesome.

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Neither Phoenix Wright nor American Idol are things that are as much a part of the public consciousness as they were a year ago, and it shouldn’t be hard to find new things to mock.

At the risk of being cliche, that was so last year.

Until the Edgeworth game comes out Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!