Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest GooseFriedBacon's Contest for Kevin's Bacon

heart alert siren heart

Hey y’all comma newline newline

On my web site at GooseFriedBacon dot deep fat fried dot com, I lack to have an occasional contest for my readers. So, I thought y’alls might be up for it, too. heart heart heart

If there’s one thing I N joy just as much as eating (well, another thing, blush blush shy) it’s watching movies. And I do mean movies about delicious food. Preferably, fried food. Here some of my all time favorites colon

Babbette's Feast (1987)
Big Night (1996)
Chocolat (2000)
Delicatessen (1991)
Eating Raoul (1982)
Eat Drink Man Woman (1994)
Jamón, jamón (1992)
Like Water for Chocolate (1992)
Ratatouille (2007)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

These movies are amazing an I just love watching them while eating and they make me even more hungry for delicious culinary delights. mmm mmm be rat back getting tastycake okay back now uh crumbs in the headset awe hail.

So anyway here’s ma contest. We’re gonna play Six Degrees of Kevin’s Bacon because I do love that hot little Kevin Bacon especially his name gets me nice and greasy if you know what I mean Zach Zach Zach. For each movie, figure out the minimum number of degrees to Kevin Bacon and post what those connections are and then add them up, then add up the total number of degrees in your post for all 10 movies. The contest will be closed on Monday, June 8 at 3pm server time. After the contest closes, the first unedited complete entry from the beginning of the thread with the smallest number of total legitimate degrees to Kevin Bacon wins four delicious brownie points drool. Y’all got it question mark.

If you mess up or find a better line to the Bacon (oh god bacon bacon bacon) that’s okay but make a new post and blank out your old one. That means you forfeit your earlier spot and want your new post to be counted in stayed. This way you can’t win just by posting first and editing your first post when somebody posts a better answer later.

Good luck and happy cooking and eating exclamation point heart heart rainbow heart god dam emoticon fail

GFB

This added to the original post on June 3, 2009:

Hay y’alls, I found one more delicious brownie point in ma pocket! I’m gonna offer it as an additional prize to someone who does not win the main prize but posts a completed (different!) line to the bacon from what has already been posted in the thread. So to be eligible to win this one, post a different line to the bacon from what anyone has posted before you. I’ll randomly select one winner from those completed entries. The winner cannot win both the random prize and the big prize. This closes at the same time as the main contest: Monday, June 8 at 3pm server time.

Love and bacon to y’alls,

GFB

Oh and one more thing, darlin’s, for the random prize, your line to the bacon can be as long as you want. It just has to be different from the previous entries! Get bacon’n!

GooseFriedBacon edited this message on 06/03/2009 3:21PM

GooseFriedBacon Posted:

Hey y’all comma newline newline

On my web site at GooseFriedBacon dot deep fat fried dot com, I lack to have an occasional contest for my readers. So, I thought y’alls might be up for it, too. heart heart heart

If there’s one thing I N joy just as much as eating (well, another thing, blush blush shy) it’s watching movies. And I do mean movies about delicious food. Preferably, fried food. Here some of my all time favorites colon

Babbette's Feast (1987)
Big Night (1996)
Chocolat (2000)
Delicatessen (1991)
Eating Raoul (1982)
Jamón, jamón (1992)
Ratatouille (2007)

These movies are amazing an I just love watching them while eating and they make me even more hungry for delicious culinary delights. mmm mmm be rat back getting tastycake okay back now uh crumbs in the headset awe hail.

So anyway here’s ma contest. We’re gonna play Six Degrees of Kevin’s Bacon because I do love that hot little Kevin Bacon especially his name gets me nice and greasy if you know what I mean Zach Zach Zach. For each movie, figure out the minimum number of degrees to Kevin Bacon and post what those connections are and then add them up, then add up the total number of degrees in your post for all 10 movies. The contest will be closed on Monday, June 8 at 3pm server time. After the contest closes, the first unedited complete entry from the beginning of the thread with the smallest number of total legitimate degrees to Kevin Bacon wins four delicious brownie points drool. Y’all got it question mark.

If you mess up or find a better line to the Bacon (oh god bacon bacon bacon) that’s okay but make a new post and blank out your old one. That means you forfeit your earlier spot and want your new post to be counted in stayed. This way you can’t win just by posting first and editing your first post when somebody posts a better answer later.

Good luck and happy cooking and eating exclamation point heart heart rainbow heart god dam emoticon fail

GFB

bacon bacon heart rainbow bacon

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Babbette’s Feast (1987)

Stéphane Audran was in Maximum Risk with David Hemblen who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon

Big Night (1996)

Minnie Driver was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon

Chocolat (2000)

Lena Olin was in Casanova with Oliver Platt who was in Frost/Nixon with Kevin Bacon

Delicatessen (1991)

Dominique Pinon was in Trouble with Julie Delpy who was in The Air I Breathe with Kevin Bacon

Eating Raoul (1982)

Garry Goodrow was in Hero at Large with Kevin Bacon

Sihung Lung was in Shuang tong with David Ross Paterson who was in Frost/Nixon with Kevin Bacon

Jamón, jamón (1992)

Penélope Cruz was in G-Force with Sam Rockwell who was in Frost/Nixon with Kevin Bacon

Yareli Arizmendi was in Shadow Hours with Beau Starr who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon

Ratatouille (2007)

Brian Dennehy was in Cocoon with Rance Howard who was still in Frost/Nixon with Kevin Bacon

Gene Wilder was in Hanky Panky with Beau Starr who was still in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon

2*8 + 1*2 = 18 total

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Or,

All of us have a piece of Kevin Bacon inside of us, so the real answer is 0.

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

If you make a new guess, you have to wipe your previous post.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Only if I messed up or found a better line to Bacon, which is debatable. The rule doesn’t have much merit anyway because any newer post ought to have a lower score than previous ones or it wouldn’t have been posted, so the newest winning post would already override an older (non-edited) post from any user. Given that there will be at most like one more entry in this thread, even blanking for space seems pointless.

tl;dr: Don’t troll me, Bro!

Hay y’alls, I found one more delicious brownie point in ma pocket! I’m gonna offer it as an additional prize to someone who does not win the main prize but posts a completed (different!) line to the bacon from what has already been posted in the thread. So to be eligible to win this one, post a different line to the bacon from what anyone has posted before you. I’ll randomly select one winner from those completed entries. The winner cannot win both the random prize and the big prize. This closes at the same time as the main contest: Monday, June 8 at 3pm server time.

Love and bacon to y’alls,

GFB

heart heart rainbow heart

Oh and one more thing, darlin’s, for the random prize, your line to the bacon can be as long as you want. It just has to be different from the previous entries! Get bacon’n!

Lama glama

Avatar: 169571 Wed Jun 03 16:11:47 -0400 2009

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Whoops, posting a new entry. Log in to see images! Lama glama edited this message on 06/04/2009 2:25PM

Lama glama Posted:

Paul Anka was in Let’s rock whit Della Reese who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon.

Hey darlin’, this isn’t a completed entry. You need to follow the instructions in the first post to be eligible for either the 4 bp prize or the 1 bp prize. Try again I’m sure you can get it right, though.

heart heart

Lama glama

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Babbette’s Feast (1987)

Bibi Andersson was in “I never promised you a rose garden” with Clith Howard who was in “Frost/Nixon” with Kevin Bacon.

Big Night (1996)

Isabella Rosselini was in “Fearless” with Rance Howard who was in “Frost/Nixon” with Kevin Bacon.

Chocolat (2000)

Alfred Molina was in “Texas Rangers” with Joe Spano who was in “Frost/Nixon” with Kevin Bacon

Delicatessen (1991)

Chick Ortega was in “2 days in Paris” with Julie Delpy who was in “The Air I Breathe” with Kevin Bacon.

Eating Raoul (1982)

Ralp Brannen was in “Star Trek (1979)” with Stephen Collins who was in “The Big Picture” with Kevin Bacon.

Chien-lien Wu was in “Da mao xian jia” with Victor Wong who was in “Tremors” with Kevin Bacon.

Jamón, jamón (1992)

Anna Galiena was in “The Venice Project” with Stuar Townsend who was in “Trapped” with Kevin Bacon.

Farnesio de Bernal was in “Original Sin” with Lisa Owen who was in “The Air I Breathe” with

Kevin Bacon.

Ratatouille (2007)

Jake Steinfeld was in “Susan’s Plan” with Robert Harvey who was in “Rails & Ties” with Kevin Bacon.

Jack Albertson was in “How to Save a Marriage and Ruin Your Life” with Eli Wallach who was in “Mystic River” with Kevin Bacon.

That’s total of 20.

Bumpin for bacon!

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

oh ogd delicious bacon noooo the store is closed

Contest is closed and brownies on the way to our two winners! heart heart heart

Edit post brownies sent exclamation point hooray post it

GooseFriedBacon edited this message on 06/08/2009 3:18PM

Lama glama

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Bp received, thanks Goosefriedbacon. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!