Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing "Forumwarz Steno Star!" Win BPs, fame, opportunity and Carpal Tunnel!

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

Forumwarz Steno Star!: A Creative Transcription Contest

CONTEST IS CLOSED as of May 31, 2009.

Want sweet, sweet Brownie Points and the envy of your peers, using only your fingers and ears? Now’s your chance!

Forumwarz occasionally hosts and posts podcasts featuring your “favorite” Crotch Zombie employees in “exciting” sessions with Q&A, commentary, and general stream-of-semi-consciousness drivel mostly meant to be relevant to your interests. These broadcasts often contain sneak previews of upcoming content additions and changes; gameplay tweaks and nerfs; and other potentially helpful information along with a chance to drift into a sensual lull to the sound of the staff’s voice.

Not everyone has the time, patience or gastrointestinal fortitude to listen to a full broadcast, however. Accordingly, in an effort to make these broadcasts more accessible, this contest is being run in the hope of making full transcripts of these broadcasts available to all. In text form they’ll become skimmable, searchable, and ready to be referenced, mocked and held to account. In return, we’re offering Brownie Points and opportunities!

Sound lucrative and self-important enough for you? Great! Read on; here’s what’s involved.

You’ll be asked to download and transcribe a five-minute section of the latest Forumwarz podcast, hosted by Jalapeno Bootyhole. (I know, I know. Please don’t run away, though. Hear me out. We’ll get through this together.)

Your transcription should be as word-accurate and legible as possible, just like any other transcript. An example of a professional transcript can be found here. That’s a little boring and sterile, though, so there’s a twist:. In addition to being well-formatted, clear and accurate, you are asked to make your best attempt to entertain and convey the nuances of what you hear. This can be anything from describing awkward silences, fumbled words, bodily noises, technical difficulties, lapses into Canuck accentuation and even generally describing the spirit of a portion of monologue.

Use your imagination, but don’t go overboard. Remember that the purpose of the transcript is primarily to convey the actual words and content, not to tell your own story. Readers should be able to easily tell the main content from any editorial notes.

Got the idea? Able and interested? Follow these steps to enter!

• Download the latest broadcast by Jalapeno Bootyhole. Get it here.
  • Pick a five-minute range from the broadcast to transcribe, then post your choice in this thread. Please try to pick a range that hasn’t yet been taken, if possible.
  • Transcribe and type up what you hear in a text editor such as Word, Works, OpenOffice Writer, Google Docs, or any other program that can save as .doc format.
  • Read the rest of this post and its conditions.
  • When done, send or share your entry to me at deadened+stenocontest@gmail.com along with your in-game username. Please don’t post your entry on these forums, as others could easily steal your effort.
  • Wait to see if you are a winner!
  • CONTEST CLOSES FOR ENTRIES ON SUNDAY, MAY 31, 2009 AT NOON CENTRAL TIME.

****ed that you haven’t heard what the prizes are, yet? Okay, here you are!

• FIRST PLACE: 3 BP, and first dibs on future transcription jobs
  • SECOND PLACE: 2 BP, and second call on future transcription jobs
  • THIRD PLACE: 1 BP, and third in line on future transcription jobs

There will be future transcription jobs available, so this contest also serves to gather a pool of potential willing and talented stenographers to type up and wikify them, for similar payment (and, according to JB, the possibility of an official stenographer’s E-Peen™). You’ll be doing the community a great service, too.

Where’s the small print? The terms? The conditions? Everyone loves conditions!Yeah, okay, there are some. Here it they are:

By entering, you agree to have most or all of your transcription work officially published on and used by Forumwarz and Crotch Zombie Productions, most likely in the Spoilerpedia. Your work will be credited to you and you will retain final say in case of it ever being used elsewhere.

You are not obligated to participate in any future transcription opportunities either by winning or losing, and this is not to be considered a professional “real job.”

Entries will be judged primarily on accuracy, formatting, legibility, and enjoyability. You hold Crotch Zombie Productions harmless for any damages incurred to your hands, ears, and/or mental well-being from partaking in this contest, which may involve discomfort.

That’s it! Crack those fingers and become a Steno-Star!

Bashy edited this message on 06/01/2009 10:46AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

My name is Jalapeno Bootyhole and I approve of this contest.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

just got to get “windows media player 9” to open the .mp3 file

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I’ll listen to it again, then telling you which section i choose Log in to see images!

derfboy23

Avatar: 138118 Tue May 26 01:48:15 -0400 2009

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’m starting at the 22:25 mark, where Fingerz asks a two part question

derfboy23

Avatar: 138118 Tue May 26 01:48:15 -0400 2009

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Transcript sent. Starts at 22:25 and ends at 27:35.

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I call dibs on 11:10 to 16:10.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I’ll take 0:00 – 4:49 (hope that’s ok, a couple of related questions start then)

zoux

[ajnin]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

5:00 to 10:00

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

16:00 or thereabouts plus 5 minutes, say to 21:00 or thereabouts. Will send as soon as possible.

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

it crashes my firefox Log in to see images!

Bashy

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

Generic Racist Posted:

it crashes my firefox Log in to see images!

Simply right-click the link and hit “Save As,” and it should bypbum anything browser-related or embedded.

Keep up the entries, people! It’s 5 or 10 minutes of your time, and the potential for prizes here is pretty good. Only two submissions received so far!

Plus, it’s for a good cause. Way, way better than those damned greedy starving kids around the world. Pheh!

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Damn, when I saw this I thought it would be about steganography, forgetting which way the syllables go in that word.

TracerX

Avatar: 35886 Thu May 28 16:11:04 -0400 2009

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

All the parts seem to be spoken for, but I did 4:46 – 9:00 anyway and sent it.

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

Bashy Posted:

Keep up the entries, people! It’s 5 or 10 minutes of your time, and the potential for prizes here is pretty good. Only two submissions received so far!

Plus, it’s for a good cause. Way, way better than those damned greedy starving kids around the world. Pheh!

Sorry, i only got unbusy right about now. Gonna start in a few mins.

TOTT PAULA

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

deleted… sorry

TOTT PAULA edited this message on 05/26/2009 10:16PM

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

That took a lot more than “5 or 10 minutes”. Log in to see images! Anyway, sent.

Bashy

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

This contest ends in less than a few days!

As of now, we only have four or five entries. Please keep in mind that it’s perfectly acceptable to transcribe a section that may have already been wholly or partially transcribed!

Since we’ll be picking three winners, this is looking like a very, very easy contest to get some BP from. Please consider contributing and entering. It’s great practice for your typing skills, and the odds are good!

—Bashy

Bashy edited this message on 05/29/2009 6:32AM

Sick_Hacker

Avatar: 92134 2009-12-11 08:19:25 -0500

[Rowdyruff Boys]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Very, VERY Easy? Sounds like my mate’s girlfriend.

Alright I’m in. Since it appears that there is no spot in the podcast that hasn’t been taken I’m just going to pick a random point in the podcast. Which, amazingly enough, is 20:00-25:00.

Let’s do this ****e. Log in to see images!

Crocen

[Tormenting Evil Kn-
uckles of Satan
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

1:10-6:07

I spent waaaaaaaaay

To long doing that,

Way to long.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!