Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports DnD FWZ Campaign characters

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Riiochan Posted:

Which also means your chance to save against an average monster of your CR is average: 50%.

D&D is designed as a war of attrition. 50% chance of failing against a Save or Suck spell is a bad situation to be in. And you’ll have trouble with the Save or Dies later too, as half of them are Will saves.

How many CR 1 Monsters have Will-Save based attacks? Not that many.

And if we know ahead of time that we will be facing such Monsters (which we should if we have a decent rogue/scout), then Resistance and Protection from Evil change it from a 50% to a 65% chance. And that’s bumuming that the opponent wins initiative.

As far as future levels, not only are there magic items and feats that could buffer that initial weakness, but that’s making a huge bumumption that this campaign will last that long, or that this character will last that long. If I really get worried about it, I can always mutliclbum or prestige clbum to a Good Will Save clbum.

UnstoppableC-
han

Avatar: 43381 Sat Jun 27 00:58:41 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Hobo, open this up to another player so I can play.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

UnstoppableChan Posted:

Hobo, open this up to another player so I can play.

I think a spot just opened up.

AtomicScripter Posted:

Wow, this is much more complex than LoRD. I’m out.

I’m not sure what LoRD is, but the D20 system is the most simple and straightforward RPG in existence, other than ‘Fudge’.

If it’s your first time playing D&D, however, I don’t recommend playing a spellcaster.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

Chawin Posted:

Sorry my internets been down all day so wasn’t able to get online.

AH, if you could send me the spells you’d be willing to allow that’d be awesome.

Another question, what level will we be starting at?

I know the obvious is 1, but some campaigns start at 3 or 4 just to get going quickly.

Sorry, been busy with b-days and correcting some exams

the list is this one

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag2f4b5/n/dndspells_zip

search the clbum you have and voila

l33tl00z3r

[Billy vs Snakeman -
Gamers
]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Character Spell list updated.

Shame, I kinda like those spells.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Chawain, in case you’ve been busy, or if the spell selection seems too much to sift through, here are my suggestions for what spells to start with for a 1st Level Sorceror.

0 Level – Daze, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance

1st Level – Mage Armor, Magic Missile

Daze (Creature loses next action) This is a Will Save based spell, so fighter types (which can be a huge danger to you if they get close enough) will usually have difficulty resisting. Having one extra round to make your escape, or to allow your teammate to step in and deal with the enemy up close can be a huge advantage.

Detect Magic (Detects spells and magic items) This is a core spell that every spellcaster should have.

Read Magic (Read scrolls and spellbooks) This is also a core spell that every spellcaster should have.

Resistance (Subject gains +1 on saves) You can use this on yourself or your allies, to help prepare against any type of saves you might have to make right before a battle. Very useful as a preparatory ‘buff’ spell.

Mage Armor (Give subject +4 armor bonus) This is for either you or an ally, and lasts for a full hour, so it might even stick around for more than one battle. Very useful.

Magic Missile (Automatically hits the designated target, no attack roll needed, 1d4+1 dmg) You’ll gain more missiles as you go up in levels, and an automatically successful attack that also ignores most damage protection can save the day)

If you haven’t picked your Feat yet, I’d like to recommend either Improved Initiative. It gives you a +4 to your initiative checks, which makes it more likely that you’ll go first in any combat situation. That’s an obvious tactical advantage, especially if we’re facing an enemy spellcaster. Being able to go first (or better, yet, hold your action until the enemy’s turn) can be a powerful advantage. In fact, if you wait until the enemy spellcaster begins to cast a spell, and then fire a Magic Missile at him, you can potentially disrupt his spell, thereby canceling it out completely.

Which also bring me to skills for a sorcerer. With 24 Skill points, that means you can max out 6 different Skills. I’d go for Concentration, Bluff, Intimidate, Spot, Listen & Use Magic Device, in that order of priority.

I hope that helps.

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

What cid said sums it all up

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Shadowkin

Male sorceror – Sophocles

HP: 6 (1d4+2)

Initiative: +1 (dex)

Speed: 30ft[/b]

AC: 11 (+1 dex)[/b]

Atacks: Club: -3, Crossbow +1

Damage: Club 1d6-3, Crossbow 1d8

Saves: Fort +2, Reflex +1, Will +2

Abilities: Str 5 (+2), Dex 13 (+2), Const 14, Int 11, Wis 8 (+2), Cha 21

Skills:

Concentration4 , Bluff 4, Intimidate 4, Spot 4, Listen 4, Use Magic Device 4

Feats: Improved initiative

Spells per day: 0 Level: 5 (DC15); 1st Level: 5 (3 Base + 2 Bonus) (DC16)

Spells known:

0 Level: Prestidigitation

0 Level: Read Magic

0 Level: Detect Magic

0 Level: Dancing Lights

1st Level: Magic Missile

1st Level: Feather Fall

feather fall feather fall feather fall feather fall feather fall

cya edited this message on 06/02/2009 1:15PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Someone should pick my spells for me since I have no ****ing clue what I’m doing.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Someone should pick my spells for me since I have no ****ing clue what I’m doing.

@CrinkPipe:Heh, yeah, especially since you don’t even have to worry about that until 4th Level.

I’ll gladly help out if we make it that far, but until then, did you need help picking skills?

@Angry Hobo: Rangers get (6+Int Mod) for skills, so shouldn’t CrinkPipe/Xeph have 20 Skill Points to spend at Level 1?

@CrinkzPipe: If so, then the 5 skills I’d max out would be Move Silently, Hide, Spot, Listen, and then spend 2 points each in Climb & Balance. You’re our best choice for a point man/scout.

@Raepdog: Do you need help filling out your character as well?

@Chawin: Where did you get ‘Create Water’? Is that an option for Shadowkin? Also, you still get another 0-Level & 1st-Level spell to add to your list of known spells, and you also get 5 total 1st level spell-slots per day.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/02/2009 1:15PM

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Sergeant Cid Posted:

@Chawin: Where did you get ‘Create Water’? Is that an option for Shadowkin? Also, you still get another 0-Level & 1st-Level spell to add to your list.

Good golly I thought that was a wizard spell. Dangit, changing now.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Updated

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Chawin Posted:

Updated

Heh, Prestidigitation. I love that spell for a ‘serious’ campaign. But I cna just imagine what you’ll be using it for in this one.

And Feather Fall is an awesome spell… just be sure not to cast it too quickly. I wouldn’t put it past AH to run that spell exactly by the book at first level.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Heh, Prestidigitation. I love that spell for a ‘serious’ campaign. But I cna just imagine what you’ll be using it for in this one.

And Feather Fall is an awesome spell… just be sure not to cast it too quickly. I wouldn’t put it past AH to run that spell exactly by the book at first level.

We’ve got enough damage dealers in the group to allow me to get spells for any occasion Log in to see images!

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Wait, I’m confused with my own stats

Chawin Posted:

1 – 3 + 1

Does that mean I need to choose another 3 spells?

Tooo many.

EDIT: Oh right, start level 0 nvm.

cya edited this message on 06/02/2009 1:27PM

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

with some luck we might start this today

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Chawin Posted:

Wait, I’m confused with my own stats

Does that mean I need to choose another 3 spells?

Tooo many.

EDIT: Oh right, start level 0 nvm.

I fixed it for you, hope you don’t mind.

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

Sergeant Cid Posted:

@Angry Hobo: Rangers get (6+Int Mod) for skills, so shouldn’t CrinkPipe/Xeph have 20 Skill Points to spend at Level 1?

yeah i guess

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

I’m just nervous about not having an actual rogue. It’s the one key archetype that’s missing. I think if Xeph takes on the scouting/tracking aspect (which is really suited for rangers, obviously) and Raepdog takes on some of the Lock Picking, Device Disabling, we should be fine.

If we start today, that’s perfect for me. I’m stuck at home for a while anyways.

cya

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

I could ditch Intimidate for Lock Pick if need be, I’m not that scary anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!