Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Religion dear starfang 42

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

The power of a hijack.

Starfang, I’m not Christian. I believe Jesus lived, taught, and even did the things the Bible claims he did, but I believe that his power did not come from any divinity. He taught that faith can do many wondrous things, and I believe that, and I believe that is how he performed those miracles, through faith in his ability to do so. Perhaps one day we will be able to see past the confines of modern science and be able to do things never before thought possible. Until then, I will theorize.

The problem I have with this is you’re talking as if science is a barrier, whereas I see it as a tool for our understanding. Indeed, science is built on the idea that we could all be wrong about everything, and that we should keep searching and checking, and double checking, and looking for alternative theories, and so on and so forth. From what I’ve seen, science is quite a lot more dynamic and open to change than religion.

My ego is trumped only by how ****ing awesome I am.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

That’s what I see as a problem. Both science and religion seek to explain things one doesn’t understand, to put them in a box, or a category. They are both useful and helpful in their own rights. Science creates technology and religion creates law. At the same time, however, the thing about our world around us, our “reality”, is when you limit it, you limit your ability to truly understand it.

Hey, I’m just playin’ the role. Really, I’m a nice guy at heart, just Tubmail me to find out.

On an epic quest to male reproductive organslap all emo kids into oblivion.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Do they limit? Or do they simply spell out limits that were already existing? I think science is the latter. Science is built on observing and understanding what you can, then handing it to the next guy, who can build upon your understanding, find possible flaws, and apply it to their own understanding. With this, science as a whole will tend towards the Truth, even if we can’t capture all of it. Like I said, see a false thing from enough angles and you will eventually know it is false.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ah, but to say what something is is also to say what it can not be. To say a sparrow is a bird is to say it cannot be a fish. Now, the way we see things now, this is true, but it is indeed a limit.

Hey, I’m just playin’ the role. Really, I’m a nice guy at heart, just Tubmail me to find out.

Palomar

Level 3 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

,zjgv uodzbgpn MHO: INGRCHbtrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvLog in to see images!

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Ah, but to say what something is is also to say what it can not be. To say a sparrow is a bird is to say it cannot be a fish. Now, the way we see things now, this is true, but it is indeed a limit.

My point still stands. The sparrow was always limited to being a bird and not a fish. We simply looked at what made this true and put it into words.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Well, this has been a refreshing discussion in an interesting area, and I hope we can both walk away from this with our minds a little broader.

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Intelligent conversation in my Trollhole?!

Srsly, current posters are trying too ****ing hard with their pseudo-intellectual/religious masturdebating. You join an online game that simulates the simulation of getting into online e-peen brandishing contest but when the chance comes around you bloody well go and start trying to prove some damnable point that’s actually based on arguable facts. Does Pedobear try and court loli when he’s looking for a quick fix; no, he finds them, chases them down, ties them up, and proceeds to violate them in ways that defy explanation! Nobody here wants to know about your religious tendencies; we want to see racism, sexism, discrimination, xenophobia, baseless hate, goatse, DESU, tubgirl, and moar images of cats with funny captions!

TL;DR = Flame war or GTFO.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Opportunity Posted:

Intelligent conversation in my Trollhole?!

Srsly, current posters are trying too ****ing hard with their pseudo-intellectual/religious masturdebating. You join an online game that simulates the simulation of getting into online e-peen brandishing contest but when the chance comes around you bloody well go and start trying to prove some damnable point that’s actually based on arguable facts. Does Pedobear try and court loli when he’s looking for a quick fix; no, he finds them, chases them down, ties them up, and proceeds to violate them in ways that defy explanation! Nobody here wants to know about your religious tendencies; we want to see racism, sexism, discrimination, xenophobia, baseless hate, goatse, DESU, tubgirl, and moar images of cats with funny captions!

TL;DR = Flame war or GTFO.

Hold on while I find a suitably dumbed down response…

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Now that’s more like it.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Opportunity Posted:

Now that’s more like it.

ur doin it rong.

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

No U!

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Opportunity Posted:

No U!

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42 Posted:

What he said.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Opportunity Posted:

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

Starfang_42 Posted:

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!