Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ What happens at 104?

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Lucky Fort Posted:

Doesn’t change the fact that 104 came (or in the case of most clbumes, is coming) and has absolutely no benefit attached to reaching it. Were I one of the people who reached that milestone, I would be very frustrated that absolutely nothing happened by reaching it.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Of course if you remember correctly, when there were 100 Forums you had to restart your streak which means now Pistachio is the same as it was last month? It also means that Permanoobs lose that 1 level of streak advantage and same with Re-re’d characters who were made for the sole purpose of abusing those extra 3 Forums (And actually being able to pwn the level 35 ones easily enough as well.)

In essence nothing has really changed except that Pistachio doesn’t break more and more every month so now you can plan your streaks perfectly and easily for optimal streaking in your last week. I just kinda fail to see how this would be very frustrating.

Evil Chawin

Avatar: 168226 Fri Aug 21 12:36:45 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

zagerblag Posted:

Conclusion: play low brackets as much as possible.

Evil Chawin edited this message on 08/21/2009 12:32PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Dunatis Posted:

Of course if you remember correctly, when there were 100 Forums you had to restart your streak which means now Pistachio is the same as it was last month? It also means that Permanoobs lose that 1 level of streak advantage and same with Re-re’d characters who were made for the sole purpose of abusing those extra 3 Forums (And actually being able to pwn the level 35 ones easily enough as well.)

In essence nothing has really changed except that Pistachio doesn’t break more and more every month so now you can plan your streaks perfectly and easily for optimal streaking in your last week. I just kinda fail to see how this would be very frustrating.

Because, if you look at the current top bracket, you will note that there is practically nothing there due to powerful destruction. Dom as a goal is getting p dated. Good postgame goals are getting harder and harder to come by. Some players are working the highest streak they can. WHen there is no reward for working a 104 streak, players who are already frustrated become more and more likely to quit.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Fortunato Posted:

Because, if you look at the current top bracket, you will note that there is practically nothing there due to powerful destruction. Dom as a goal is getting p dated. Good postgame goals are getting harder and harder to come by. Some players are working the highest streak they can. WHen there is no reward for working a 104 streak, players who are already frustrated become more and more likely to quit.

You know I’m one of those frustrated dom players… to the point of not being very into it this season. That said, ET and/or BB2015 had mentioned previously and it got re-mentioned in this thread that there was no plan to support streaks over 100. Given those comments, people really only lost 1 scoop – bumuming streaks should automatically reset after the 100th forum.

The not knowing is obnoxious, I’ll give you that. But anyone that expected to get 50 scoops for it was taking a gamble despite all warnings that it wouldn’t happen.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Since new Forum Ideas seem to be sucking as of late, I would fully support taking some old ones and making new content to spice them up rather than making just, abhorrently crappy ones like this week’s Doprah’s Book Club.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

There seems to be an agreement on not getting any additional scoops for pwning 104+ forums, but I don’t understand why there shouldn’t be more peens. It’s fun to go for streaks, at least I think so, and looping over 100 every 4 or even more weeks to get new streak peens could shake up domination as well.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Actually now I’d be more in favor of new peens in the sense that there would be no pistachio to go with them, it’s a choice. New peen or better chances at dom.

I Like Eggs

Avatar: 90924 Wed Apr 01 23:13:07 -0400 2009

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Dunatis Posted:

Actually now I’d be more in favor of new peens in the sense that there would be no pistachio to go with them, it’s a choice. New peen or better chances at dom.

Interesting thought, though I’d say every four is too often (after 100). Every 25 maybe?

Brave Sir Ro-
bin

Avatar: 51697 Fri Oct 17 17:26:28 -0400 2008

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

MC Banhammer Posted:

as it is, strategy now means use the level 35 forums as anchors.

When forums don’t drop on their own you don’t need anchors. All forums are effectively identical, excepting which give lemon and which don’t. I’ve never really paid much attention to lemon, since requirements change from day to day and server speed is inconsistent it can’t be planned for.

In the upper brackets, earning more scoops doesn’t mean much of anything with destruction overpowered (as many scoops destroyed as earned) except in the last few seconds, so you really don’t need to bother with vanilla at all – just let everyone get on with their little scoop dance that ends up right back where it started.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

But those which give lemon or rather those with very low thread counts (pony groomers Kids edition, Denture chat) can be pwnd in in 15-20 second depending on server speed which can mean an extra streaks worth of pistachio in those last 5 minutes. If you have more forums open you could keep the forums with large ranges but a low minimum (4-12 like My Rifle is This Big) and see how few they have in the last 10 minutes to get the most bang for your buck.

It’s way more work than I’m willing to put into it but theoretically it’s there.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I’m all for eliminating ****ty forums to keep the grand total at 100.

Of course when Episdoe 3 launches (whenever the hell that is) thats going to pen a whole new bag of worms…Though Im sure CZ will have figured something out by then…right?

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

If the pistachio yeild keeps growing bigger the “pistachio cycles” will bring more luck into the game, as it already has been doing.

“Will there be someone with a higher streak than me in my bracket?”

72 is a good, balanced place to cap streaks. But that isn’t going to happen.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Also not going to happen is placing the cap at 30 Pistachio (64 streak) and having every additional 4 forums give only 30 no matter how long the streak. Make things more even and allow for more consecutive weeks of competitive play.

But a man can dream…

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

zagerblag Posted:

Conclusion: play low brackets as much as possible.

I almost wish I could… I got 7 medals in the first 5 weeks of this season, so I’ve been in the top or second top bracket every week since then.

That’s 6 weeks of watching every scoop or card anyone ever earns at any point being destroyed and waiting for the game to start 10 minutes before deadline.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I Like Eggs Posted:

Interesting thought, though I’d say every four is too often (after 100). Every 25 maybe?

25 seems like too many – at the current rate of 1 new forum per week it’d take the most part of 6 months for each new peen to become available…

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Well, Once Episode 3 comes out they can decide if there will be more and if so, based on how many Forums are around by then (new ones added and old ones removed) the amount of Forums can be decided and then we can all go hairy ape **** about how they chose the wrong number.

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

man-man Posted:

25 seems like too many – at the current rate of 1 new forum per week it’d take the most part of 6 months for each new peen to become available…

evry 10 forums seems to be a nice number…

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Amy Rose Posted:

evry 10 forums seems to be a nice number…

12 seems rounder. It fits well with visits, making the choice between ‘peen and dom more poignant.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

there IS a search function right where secret forum, subscription links are.

There have been a LOT of threads about this.

Permanoobs hit the 104 way back as did other clbumes.

Allcaps title is considered an offense in CD.

How?

Also imo it makes sense for the peens to end at 100, but you should still continue to get pistachio scoops for every 4 after that. Some of you got it backwards. Like if you were playing a fighting game, and you got some kind of achievement/unlockable for a 20 hit combo – that was the highest combo you had to get for a special reward – see that’s one thing, but it should still say 21 hit combo and you should still get extra points if you get 21 hits.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Celerysteve Posted:

How?

How what?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!