Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Bashy Bashers? Fix Itembuildr Tattoo?

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Am I the only one offended by this tongue in bum-cheek humor?

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

Am I the only one offended by this tongue in bum-cheek humor?

I, for one, like the tattoo. I suspect that many people will actually use it.

GOLDENSAUSAGE

Avatar: 63088 Thu Nov 20 00:23:00 -0500 2008

[Domination Nation]

Level 45 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

i think it’s ****ing awesome. voted for both of them. Log in to see images!

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Well, on the one hand, they succeed, because I can’t really bring myself to bother going through and downvoting all the “LOL I AM MAKING A POINT” submissions.

I think the submitters are just acting a little upset. You don’t like the stuff coming out Itembuildr? Great, you’ve got a right to your opinion. Don’t submit, and don’t buy what comes out. There’s a buildr forum – if you really care, make some suggestions on how to get things that you would want out of Itembuildr without it just leading to Item Inflation just because “Hey, there’s already a stronger version of this!”

Throwing in a bunch of crap submissions isn’t going to get the “problem” “fixed” any sooner.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Samildanach Posted:

Well, on the one hand, they succeed, because I can’t really bring myself to bother going through and downvoting all the “LOL I AM MAKING A POINT” submissions.

I think the submitters are just acting a little upset. You don’t like the stuff coming out Itembuildr? Great, you’ve got a right to your opinion. Don’t submit, and don’t buy what comes out. There’s a buildr forum – if you really care, make some suggestions on how to get things that you would want out of Itembuildr without it just leading to Item Inflation just because “Hey, there’s already a stronger version of this!”

Throwing in a bunch of crap submissions isn’t going to get the “problem” “fixed” any sooner.

Hey look! A dumb post!

Bashy Bashers is a plain funny forum, it will be easy and fun to write for.

The tattoo? It’s a long standing problem, just sit back and have your laughs. You are acting “a little upset” by bothering to write all of this when you could of just downvoted and went on.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Hey look! A dumb post!

Bashy Bashers is a plain funny forum, it will be easy and fun to write for.

The tattoo? It’s a long standing problem, just sit back and have your laughs. You are acting “a little upset” by bothering to write all of this when you could of just downvoted and went on.

Hey, look! An opinion I have no reason to care about!

Bashy Bashers is a weak in-joke. It’s a gag that’ll play out and get dull mighty fast. I’m not looking forward to trying to come up with a score of ideas for it. Guess that’ll be the week to try creating my own forums for a change.

And, frankly, if some bumhurt users can complain about buildr in a way that actually makes buildr less fun and useful, I think I’m within my rights to respond to someone else’s post on the topic with my thoughts about it in a forum they don’t even have to visit. The post is long specifically because I don’t feel like bothering to edit my thoughts into something concise. Brevity takes more effort for me than being longwinded.

I know the sort of people who pull this **** aren’t going to stop just because someone explains that it’s annoying, but they can vent in their disruptive way, and I’ll vent in my non-disruptive way, and everyone can go home feeling smug and superior. Deal?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I love how people keep asking Crotch Zombie to “fix” forumbuildr and itembuildr, when the movement to ruin them both is so grbumroots. Log in to see images!

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Seems like apathy, hypocrisy, and stupidity are resulting in the death of creativity.

Or maybe I’m just showing my naivety.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

They’re already ruined.

Proving to the powers-that-be that they are indeed ruined is an entirely different issue.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I love how people keep asking Crotch Zombie to “fix” forumbuildr and itembuildr, when the movement to ruin them both is so grbumroots. Log in to see images!

Well doing things like this seem to be the only way to get enough attention to “fix” something. It’s actually p. cool that the community can actually up and revolt like this Log in to see images!

Item buildr was coming to this. people are sick of seeing 95% of the submissions downvoted in the first 5 minutes, and were asking for sensible things like either no down voting or a higher amount of down votes so more then the first 5 people have a chance to see what they submitted. And CZ didn’t do anything so the community started to down vote EVERYTHING, and instead of doing a “fix” it was made where just a random photo or item won, and now people are upvoting jokes.

The Bashy thing is more of a bum hurt thing tho, you can argue a bit about the number of submissions people have been whining about or the same forums getting submitted week after week but ya singling out just him is more bum hurt. And then people ripping off the original forum idea on top of it.

EVECHARM edited this message on 05/18/2009 8:20PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

EVECHARM Posted:

Well doing things like this seem to be the only way to get enough attention to “fix” something. It’s actually p. cool that the community can actually up and revolt like this Log in to see images!

Item buildr was coming to this. people are sick of seeing 95% of the submissions downvoted in the first 5 minutes, and were asking for sensible things like either no down voting or a higher amount of down votes so more then the first 5 people have a chance to see what they submitted. And CZ didn’t do anything so the community started to down vote EVERYTHING, and instead of doing a “fix” it was made where just a random photo or item won, and now people are upvoting jokes.

The Bashy thing is more of a bum hurt thing tho, you can argue a bit about the # number of submissions people have been whiny about or the same forums getting submitted week after week but ya singling out just him is more bum hurt.

We’d like to do something about itembuildr, it just takes time to decide on and implement changes.

So in other words, community: You’ve proven how broken it is, you can quit stomping on the shattered fragments now.

I agree with you that the Bashy thing is mostly bumhurt, and I think most people would agree in the final anal-ysis. That’s why I’m thinking we should fine upstanding member of society this in the bud now. I haven’t seen any really strong objections.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

edit: nevermind, I was taking out other frustrations here… sorry

spacekadt edited this message on 05/18/2009 8:40PM

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Wow, someone let Space**** out!

Seriously though, two things she said that bear repeating:

spacekadt Posted:

Eliminate downvoting? Been discussed. Being discussed. Is that more important than the balance changes or starting to work on Ep 3?

and

spacekadt Posted:

Things disappearing in the first five minutes isn’t because it’s yet another ****ing tattoo… it’s because people are trying to make a statement. The statement that’s being received isn’t “the system is broken,” it’s “we’re whiny ****es who want you to read our minds and make a *random* item generator put out the items we want.”

It’s nice to see common sense Space. Log in to see images!

EVECHARM

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

spacekadt Posted:

You know… I’m getting real sick of “CZ didn’t do anything” arguments. ET changed his algorithm. Is it perfect? **** no… but he tried. And I’m sure he’ll tweak it more… when he has time.

Eliminate downvoting? Been discussed. Being discussed. Is that more important than the balance changes or starting to work on Ep 3? All of these things are in the air right now (and oh so many more).

Things disappearing in the first five minutes isn’t because it’s yet another ****ing tattoo… it’s because people are trying to make a statement. The statement that’s being received isn’t “the system is broken,” it’s “we’re whiny ****es who want you to read our minds and make a *random* item generator put out the items we want.”

What “fix” did you want to see? Last item standing? Well, it obviously wasn’t good enough or it wouldn’t have been voted down, right? ET’s favorite entry? ****, that’s not ripe for cries of favoritism or anything. Just don’t make the item? Well, given that the point is to *get items out there*, this isn’t very helpful. There’s no perfect solution and as long as people keep downvoting everything, someone’s going to have an issue with whatever solution is in place.

If people are whining about it being “another tattoo” let them, It’s a random thing, it’s like complaining gamble bot cheats.

As far as importance of fixing stuff? You can’t compare changing a few numbers in a few lines of code to writing ep3 and testing gameplay changes. If CZ had all their eggs in one basket we wouldn’t have the 2 new forum layouts, word filter buying, emote buying or item buildr items being removed from the co-op and moved around things that we have now already while CZ is working on ep3.

And as for “fix” add more or remove downvoting to at least test out a higher number. It ISN’T the whole community getting rid of 95% of submissions, it’s just the first 5-10 people that have time to look through and downvote everything the second itembuildr get rolled over.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

EVECHARM Posted:

I’m highlighting a really important part of your post, for reference. It’s inane to think that the CZ staff aren’t aware of the problems players **** about every day, and thinking over fixes. This kind of “revolt” is just an attempt to hijack the agenda. “I want Itembuildr fixed now, so I’ll make a big stink about it instead of waiting for a good solution! Everything else be damned!”

Since different players are going to **** about different things, giving in turns every change into a war of whiners, where you reward the people who’re acting the worst and causing the most trouble. Meanwhile, whatever the people who created the game you’re playing wanted to do next is on hold indefinitely, schedules are screwed… So the game stagnates while quick fixes get thrown in, and people find ways to complain about the fixes, while also ****ing about Ep3 being delayed, or what have you.

Meanwhile, if CZ has been working on a fix ever since the problem was first discussed, and they roll it out any time now, the people who were intentionally disrupting the game will go “Look! We were right! We made them fix it! We had to do this to get their attention!

TL;DR: Appearances can be deceiving, and even if you’re being disruptive for a “noble goal”, you’re still being disruptive.

EVECHARM

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Evecharm Posted:

Well doing things like this seem to be the only way to get enough attention to “fix” something. It’s actually p. cool that the community can actually up and revolt like this

Samildanach Posted:

I’m highlighting a really important part of your post, for reference. It’s inane to think that the CZ staff aren’t aware of the problems players **** about every day, and thinking over fixes. This kind of “revolt” is just an attempt to hijack the agenda. “I want Itembuildr fixed now, so I’ll make a big stink about it instead of waiting for a good solution! Everything else be damned!”

Since different players are going to **** about different things, giving in turns every change into a war of whiners, where you reward the people who’re acting the worst and causing the most trouble. Meanwhile, whatever the people who created the game you’re playing wanted to do next is on hold indefinitely, schedules are screwed… So the game stagnates while quick fixes get thrown in, and people find ways to complain about the fixes, while also ****ing about Ep3 being delayed, or what have you.

Meanwhile, if CZ has been working on a fix ever since the problem was first discussed, and they roll it out any time now, the people who were intentionally disrupting the game will go “Look! We were right! We made them fix it! We had to do this to get their attention!

TL;DR: Appearances can be deceiving, and even if you’re being disruptive for a “noble goal”, you’re still being disruptive.

Ok your trying to blame me for what the community does here. I’m not trying to push any fixes for my own personal gain, I’m explaining why the hell 30-50 people would upvote an item like “fix itembuildr tatto” instead of a real item, which after a hour there weren’t any left. heck “ET is a fabulous person Humping male reproductive organ Bishop” was a runner up.

The community as a average mind frame of a 10 year old, like the whole rest of the internet. Hey I’ll even admittedly say if CZ does do a fix on itembuildr people will still whine about it.

EVECHARM edited this message on 05/18/2009 9:18PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

EVECHARM Posted:

If CZ had all their eggs in one basket we wouldn’t have the 2 new forum layouts, word filter buying, emote buying or item buildr items being removed from the co-op and moved around things that we have now already while CZ is working on ep3.

But ET is the only person doing the coding. There’s one of him and more projects than any one person should be expected to do.

JB has the apprentice team starting to think on ideas, but in the meantime, there are a LOT of hings going on behind the scenes. Some of the new ideas that have been thrown about as a result of our rules refinement (oh yeah, that’s a huge time suck too) are going to involve code changes. Some enhancements are coming out of those discussions. But there’s one guy doing this and I think we’re all well served to keep that in mind. All these great ideas and new projects… they get done by one person.

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

One guy with a girlfriend and a life, let’s not forget.

It’s a miracle we get the updates we do, when you think about it that way.

CoreyJess edited this message on 05/18/2009 9:26PM

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

EVECHARM Posted:

Ok your trying to blame me for what the community does here.

No, actually, I’m not. I’m explaining why the attitude you presented in your post is both wrong and counterproductive. Try reading what I said again.

I’m not trying to push any fixes for my own personal gain, I’m explaining why the hell 30-50 people would upvote an item like “fix itembuildr tatto” instead of a real item, which after a hour there weren’t any left. heck “ET is a fabulous person Humping male reproductive organ Bishop” was a runner up.

And I explained why those 30-50 people, and the people posting those submissions, are being counterproductive. However, you did say “It’s actually p. cool that the community can actually up and revolt like this”, which tends to give the impression that you think it was a positive thing.

The community as a average mind frame of a 10 year old, like the whole rest of the internet. Hey I’ll even admittedly say if CZ does do a fix on itembuildr people will still whine about it.

Right. So, in other words, people will pull this kind of bull**** regardless of what ET does. How does “doing things like this seem to be the only way to get enough attention to “fix” something” under that paradigm, again?

EVECHARM

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

spacekadt Posted:

But ET is the only person doing the coding. There’s one of him and more projects than any one person should be expected to do.

JB has the apprentice team starting to think on ideas, but in the meantime, there are a LOT of hings going on behind the scenes. Some of the new ideas that have been thrown about as a result of our rules refinement (oh yeah, that’s a huge time suck too) are going to involve code changes. Some enhancements are coming out of those discussions. But there’s one guy doing this and I think we’re all well served to keep that in mind. All these great ideas and new projects… they get done by one person.

Yes ET is busy, he probably has better things to do then work on fixing itembuildr, but saying that, isn’t going to stop the community from putting it’s hands over it’s ears screaming and chanting to fix item buildr like a 5 year old. This is a community that praises it trolls, thinks getting banned is cool, tries to get noobs to post goatse in GD to get them banned and usually someone is spaming IDC for fun(someone is even doing it as I write this post right now)

You’ll probably see more items like the Fix Itembuildr tattoo >.> and enough of the community acting like the community normally acts and it’ll win till you do what the screaming 5 year olds demand.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!