Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Serious Problem With New Forum

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Hardcode Posted:

So if my alt who was affected is holding 12 visits when this happens will the alt end up with more than 12 visits or should I be planning to burn some visits now? I do NOT want to end up losing visits overall!

In the past when extra visits were awarded (for whatever reason), the count went above 12. I see no reason why that won’t happen again.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

For the last 10 days or so I was in Europe on vacation. I didn’t announce this in advance as it seemed like people might take advantage of my absence to cause havoc (it’s happened before!)

This problem arose due to a bug that existed with forum names that contained odd characters. It happened for the first time the night I left, even though we’d built dozens and dozens of forums since the bug was introduced. I fixed that one manually since I had to pack and such. I didn’t think it would come up again so soon because, hell, it hadn’t come up in a year before that! I was wrong Log in to see images!

Fortunately my hotel in Barcelona had limited and slow wireless internet. McB sent out a “HELP!” email and I fixed the broken forum. Fixing streaks and visits was not in the cards though, since it was very time consuming and would have been unrealistic with a slow connection.

We had to weigh the risks of telling people I was away and would be for another week and risk the site getting even more broken or not. Ultimately we decided to tell a few individuals who were visibly upset personally.

I got back last night, jetlagged, so I spent all this morning cleaning up. The original bug is fixed and will never happen again. I have given everyone the visits they lost and reported plus an extra 4. This might mean you have more than 12 visits!

Additionally, I restored all the forums that were pwned in your streaks before the bug caused them to erase. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR STREAKS before pwning a forum. Restoring a streak is not always easy, so there might be a forum in there you didn’t expect.

Sorry about all this. I really needed a break and we did our best to fix things as quick as we could.

-ET

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Welcome back Log in to see images!

Lama glama

Avatar: 169571 Wed Jun 03 16:11:47 -0400 2009

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Evil Trout Posted:

Additionally, I restored all the forums that were pwned in your streaks before the bug caused them to erase. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR STREAKS before pwning a forum. Restoring a streak is not always easy, so there might be a forum in there you didn’t expect.

Sorry about all this. I really needed a break and we did our best to fix things as quick as we could.

-ET

Thanks ET.

Lama glama edited this message on 05/26/2009 2:22PM

Caesius

Avatar: 172235 Sun Apr 26 20:30:21 -0400 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Indeed, many thanks!

Claine

Avatar: 124948 Tue Feb 24 04:07:52 -0500 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Thank you very much!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!