Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Serious Problem With New Forum

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Papa Stalin Posted:

My visit history shows Text-Based Warriors Guild in my forum visits, but it Doesnt count as streak because I didnt pwn it. So can I pwn it for streak, or will it reset my streak?

Your streak’s already reset, it just won’t show until you pwn something new. I hope you filed a bug report Log in to see images!

Totoro Posted:

The new forum that we’re talking about in this thread. I sent in a bug report last night. Do I need to submit a new one?

No, you don’t need a new one, but if you’re still in it, then bail out and try again.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Totoro Posted:

The new forum that we’re talking about in this thread. I sent in a bug report last night. Do I need to submit a new one?

No, I got it.

For others, if you haven’t already, please submit a bug report about lost visits. I’ll get the people that have already posted here.

Totoro

Avatar: 61831 2010-08-24 18:06:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

MC Banhammer Posted:

No, you don’t need a new one, but if you’re still in it, then bail out and try again.

If that’s the only way to get out of the forum, okay, but I’ve already attacked it once (my toolbar shows that my strongest attack will refresh in one turn), so if I bail, that will reset my streak. So I just want to make sure that’s the only thing I can do before I actually do it.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Evil Trout Posted:

Sorry, guys. There was a problem with forumbuildr this week.

Unfortunately I can’t fix the streaks this time, but if you’ve been affected I’ll give you an extra four forum visits after I make sure next week’s build doesn’t have the same problem!

Insufficient logging, or your method of determining streaks isn’t robust enough? You could record where each streak starts incase of problems, so that streaks can then be repaired. 4 visits might be enough compensation for some, but that still represents 4 weeks of wasted effort for others.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Totoro Posted:

If that’s the only way to get out of the forum, okay, but I’ve already attacked it once (my toolbar shows that my strongest attack will refresh in one turn), so if I bail, that will reset my streak. So I just want to make sure that’s the only thing I can do before I actually do it.

Your streak is already broken. So it won’t hurt to do that.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Evil Trout Posted:

Unfortunately I can’t fix the streaks this time, but if you’ve been affected I’ll give you an extra four forum visits after I make sure next week’s build doesn’t have the same problem!

You’ve got to be kidding me. Many players are going to see up to a month of planning go up in smoke and you’re not even going to TRY to fix it?

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

the Pro Posted:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Many players are going to see up to a month of planning go up in smoke and you’re not even going to TRY to fix it?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

the Pro Posted:

I was trying to be less blunt than usual, but this ^

Of course it wouldn’t be so severe if pistachio wasn’t so overly powerful – a problem that we are fully aware has been growing for months now, and has been ignored in all that time.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Didn’t I read something about there also being a problem with the forum before this one? The forum for the blind? I avoided it until now, because I thought there would be problems if I tried it.

Has that one been fixed?

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

The Baroness Posted:

Didn’t I read something about there also being a problem with the forum before this one? The forum for the blind? I avoided it until now, because I thought there would be problems if I tried it.

Has that one been fixed?

they’re both fixed now

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

the Pro Posted:

Mike Myers

Avatar: 84994 Tue Jan 20 01:00:51 -0500 2009

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

I still haven’t had visits refunded.

Do I still need to submit a bug report even though space said she’d get the ones who posted in the thread?

Potilas

Avatar: 149302 Sun Apr 19 07:42:31 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Will I get the visits back even if I didnt fill out the report that well, not sure if I mentioned the lost visits.

Evil Trout Posted:

Bah, there goes my 78 streak.

E: Whoops altfail.

Potilas edited this message on 05/18/2009 7:37PM

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Potilas Posted:

Will I get the visits back even if I didnt fill out the report that well, not sure if I mentioned the lost visits.

I got them.

I went through all the reports about the forum and checked accounts to verify how many visits were lost to the new forum. Log in to see images!

Totoro

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

So, should I be getting an extra 3 visits, for a total of 15? I had 12 visits yesterday when I started to use mine and ran one, got stuck in the middle of the new forum, and then lost two due to rollover.

Claine

Avatar: 124948 Tue Feb 24 04:07:52 -0500 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

the Pro Posted:

Exactly, I was only three away from hitting that mystical 100, now I have to start again?

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Totoro Posted:

So, should I be getting an extra 3 visits, for a total of 15? I had 12 visits yesterday when I started to use mine and ran one, got stuck in the middle of the new forum, and then lost two due to rollover.

I’m not understanding your math here. You lost one actual visit due directly to the forum, right? You would be getting that one visit plus the four extras for a total of 5. I didn’t realize you lost two due to still being stuck during rollover, but I recall seeing times that matched that possibility so I’ll add a note to ET about that special cirgreat timesstance, but that’s still a total of 7, not 15. Am I missing something?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

the Pro Posted:

Yeah, this didn’t have an impact on me, but man. Is it really horribly hard to fix lost streaks? A potential 25 days worth of visit planning is way beyond frustrating. A streak broken anywhere in the final 20 or so forums is likely going to cost Domination medals. Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

spacekadt Posted:

I’m not understanding your math here. You lost one actual visit due directly to the forum, right? You would be getting that one visit plus the four extras for a total of 5. I didn’t realize you lost two due to still being stuck during rollover, but I recall seeing times that matched that possibility so I’ll add a note to ET about that special cirgreat timesstance, but that’s still a total of 7, not 15. Am I missing something?

Space I think Totoro means that pre-bug they had 10 visits. Due to being stuck in forum, they couldn’t burn the extra 2, so at rollover they only got 2. They want to be at a total of 15, not get 15 extra. Log in to see images!

Totoro

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

spacekadt Posted:

I’m not saying that I lost 15 visits. I’m saying that I have 12 visits now and should have a total of 15 because I did successfully use one visit (out of my 12) yesterday.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!