Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Forumwarz Apprentice: news, updates and discussion

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.

If you want to know what the applicants were judged on, just read the application requirements in the original Apprentice thread.

Said post also contains Crotch Zombie’s bumurance that we won’t publish any content that doesn’t live up to our standards.

I did read it and I am not at all bumured by it. It doesn’t change the fact that I don’t find many of those players humorous or that you’ve happily approved things like the FalconFour mission in the past, which was so boring I just clicked through it as fast as I could.

There’s a few people on there that I have complete faith in, and the rest I either am unsure of or I think they have no possibility of producing something I’d find comical. I doubt that most of our (completely non-trolling) remaining community will speak up about any doubts they have, so I’m doing it.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

PhineasPoe is so funny he makes up for the rest of us completely unfunny fabulous persons.

Don’t worry, lol.

Anyway, having several different ideas of what is funny on the team helps to end up with a product that a wider variety of players will find entertaining. I doubt anything I say will bumure you since I’m p sure you tl;dr everything I say anyway lol, but that’s my two cents.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Shii Posted:

PhineasPoe is so funny he makes up for the rest of us completely unfunny fabulous persons.

I stopped reading there Log in to see images!

j/k.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

ChilePepino Posted:

I stopped reading there Log in to see images!

j/k.

You might as well.

I have so much respect for his writing skills it borders on homosexuality.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Shii Posted:

You might as well.

I have so much respect for his writing skills it borders on homosexuality.

I trust that there’s enough people to bash other’s bad ideas, and that’s ok

I mean, is not like I’ll be paying A LOT of money for ep 3 anyway, am I?

Editing to add that I also hope that it’ll be ****ing hillarious (sp?)

ChilePepino edited this message on 05/19/2009 1:26AM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

ChilePepino Posted:

I’m fairly sure that this has been revealed in other threads publicly, but if not, I personally take blame for revealing this. >->

At this point every indication anyone has been given is that it will be remotely the same price as Episode 2.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Shii Posted:

At this point every indication anyone has been given is that it will be remotely the same price as Episode 2.

JB said something in the podcast but IDK. What I meant is that we’re not gonna pay a bunch of money like a console game, and I’ve bought some with ****ty stories so I don’t worry that much.

BUT MAKE IT FUNNY PLEASE!

now, back on topic…..

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

ChilePepino Posted:

I think that this is the basic idea. There might be a few people on the list with what the community considers questionable senses of humour (*innocent whistle*), but the end product isn’t so much going to be watered down by the presence of “unfunny” people, as the ideas are going to be continuously honed by ever-better senses of humour playing off of and improving on each other. It’s not a weak link scenario, it’s more of a “whole is greater than the sum of the parts” arrangement. Even the worst poster can provide the spark of inspiration for a real comedian to improve into a quality bit.

And again, all of it is going to be overseen by the people who created the original material, so you can be fairly sure it will be at least that good.

(P.S. – Hilarious. Log in to see images!

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Those who do have a great eye for comedy can help the others mold a mediocre idea into something great. Or in some cases shoot the idea down entirely. I was unsure of some of the people at first as well, but after seeing what is going on in that forum I have complete faith in all of us.

Plus, there are plenty of other things for us to do, it’s not entirely about comedy writing.

And if that isn’t enough, PhineasPoe posts a brilliant, new idea every thirty seconds or so, giving us an endless supply of hilarity to work with.

So don’t fret mr. leetlol

Odalisque Posted:

Those who do have a great eye for comedy can help the others mold a mediocre idea into something great. Or in some cases shoot the idea down entirely. I was unsure of some of the people at first as well, but after seeing what is going on in that forum I have complete faith in all of us.

Plus, there are plenty of other things for us to do, it’s not entirely about comedy writing.

And if that isn’t enough, PhineasPoe posts a brilliant, new idea every thirty seconds or so, giving us an endless supply of hilarity to work with.

So don’t fret mr. leetlol

Well, I trust your word more than others, but I’d still like to see something from the “winners.” I’m not sure how posting examples of the team’s work wouldn’t be helpful. It’s something I’d like to see.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Well, I trust your word more than others, but I’d still like to see something from the “winners.” I’m not sure how posting examples of the team’s work wouldn’t be helpful. It’s something I’d like to see.

If you honestly care this much and aren’t just trying to be difficult or something (I don’t know you very well) I’d be happy sending you something I wrote to bumuage your concerns a bit more if possible.

Why not just post it here?

Or post in my contest!

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 05/19/2009 2:18AM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Why not just post it here?

Or post in my contest!

Which contest?

EDIT: I sent it already to Jalapeno; I didn’t think most people needed me to prove myself lol. I posted a short story I wrote in another thread on here but it wasn’t comedy, really. Most off-site writing I do that isn’t school isn’t comedic in nature.

Shii edited this message on 05/19/2009 3:09AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I did read it and I am not at all bumured by it. It doesn’t change the fact that I don’t find many of those players humorous or that you’ve happily approved things like the FalconFour mission in the past, which was so boring I just clicked through it as fast as I could.

There’s a few people on there that I have complete faith in, and the rest I either am unsure of or I think they have no possibility of producing something I’d find comical. I doubt that most of our (completely non-trolling) remaining community will speak up about any doubts they have, so I’m doing it.

First off, not only would it be unfair to post people’s applications in Flamebate, but it would get me banned for posting personal information.

Now, I was thinking of adding a little one-sentence description of each applicant to justify why they were chosen, although that’s not quite what you’re asking for. Should I also post the applications of those who didn’t make it? You can see why this is not feasible.

You should also keep in mind that, humor being highly subjective, it’s impossible to provide that kind of justification. I feel silly even explaining this. You want absolute, incontrovertible proof that you’d find them funny, and I can’t guarantee that. Presumably, we’re the guys overseeing all the content on this site. Why not give us the benefit of the doubt that we can pick people who’d gel with Crotch Zombie’s sensibilities?

I could also challenge you to name players who you do think are funny, but that would be irrelevant; if they didn’t bother to apply for the position, they couldn’t have made it. Furthermore, I know for a fact that you probably haven’t heard of half the picks. I hadn’t either, until they emailed us. That fact had no bearing on my decision, just as it should have no bearing on your faith in them.

You claim to be speaking up for a larger subsection of the community, but I doubt it. It’s possible that others don’t find Player X funny either, but that’s besides the point. There are many other factors besides pure sense of humor that landed some applicants the position. Saying you wouldn’t play Episode 3 because of the crew behind it is like saying you wouldn’t watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine because you heard Randy A. Jablonka was hired as the lighting technician.

Actually, that’s not quite right. Because of the nature of our Apprentice process, it’s more like saying you wouldn’t watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine because you heard Randy A. Jablonka got called back for a second interview by the lighting director. You’re jumping the gun.

I don’t know who Randy Jabolnka is and I definitely am not going to see Wolverine.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

I won’t say I’m not jealous, but I do know my comma usage sucks. Log in to see images!

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

Man, why’s everybody sucking my male reproductive organ? We’ve got a lot of funny people on the team.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

ITC: a person who claims not to help decide what makes it into the game complains people aren’t funny enough to be allowed to put stuff into the game.

I pay zero attention to the buildrs and have no idea what/who the “Buildr Elite” is.

Maybe a first step would be to actually involve yourself into the voting and writing of stuff, like in the buildr’s. You would at minimum find out for yourself if the people who do participate find what you submit as funny or not, then after you proved yourself to have a popular sense of humor, you could then judge the game developer’s choices with a degree of community support. As of right now, it just seems to me like you’re trying to poop up this thread which could be containing news and updates.

There are tons of funny people mixed in with some I don’t know if they are funny, or don’t know at all. The entire point is that right now, the group overall has plenty that have proven themselves funny in different areas of the game, and the input of them will improve the game. I’m not sure what you want, since you don’t know all of them do you think they should just scrap the project and just make JB write as much as he can?

Wylin edited this message on 05/19/2009 2:44PM

But I’m not 15 years old and I already said I do not find the buildr forums funny anymore and have not for a long time (since the switch to having an ED/4chan majority on this site). I’m not interested in contributing because I do not find it entertaining. I’m not someone who’s spergin’ because their forum ideas have never worked, because I’ve never made a serious submission. There is NO “multiplayer” aspect of this game that I enjoy. I’m just the customer, getting this:

Customer: I see you have switched to a new factory. I have not liked the production quality of said factory in the past, and I have some concerns about your upcoming product.

Salesperson: What? Are you stupid? Can you read? How dare you, the consumer, question our decision! You’ll take our word for it and cheerfully hand us your money when our product is ready!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Customer: I see you have switched to a new factory. I have not liked the production quality of said factory in the past, and I have some concerns about your upcoming product.

Salesperson: What? Are you stupid? Can you read? How dare you, the consumer, question our decision! You’ll take our word for it and cheerfully hand us your money when our product is ready!

That may be your intent, but it’s really coming off more like:

Customer: I would like to retain your legal services, but before I do, I would like to review the resumes for all paralegals and admin bumistants.

Lawyer: Wait, what? I’m the one representing you and I’m the one they all have to go through. I’ve been in practice for years and you should be able to trust me to hire a staff that isn’t going to tank my clients.

Paralegals and admins: This bumhole isn’t paying our salaries… we owe nothing to him. So hey boss, what do you want us to do?

The creative team is working for JB. He’s not going to put anything in the game that he doesn’t think will fit well. Obviously you’re still here, so there has to have been something keeping you around… the quality of the game can only go two directions: 1) same standard writing that’s always been here or 2) it gets funnier. At worst, JB picks things that he would/could have come up with anyway… at best, something comes out of the team that makes everyon laugh like hell and the game gets better. There’s no down here.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!