Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Is bad spelling taking away from the game?

Tack

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

So far I have been to about 5 of the forums and have noticed that every single post/attack has had spelling or grammar mistakes in it. Now I know that having all this poor use of English (greatly) adds to the realism, but it makes it harder for me to enjoy the jokes. I think that there should only be insanely poor English when it adds to the humor and takes into consideration the character posting. I am fine with the Ricers having broken English and the old people having no idea how to use a keyboard, but having everything ever posted by anyone misspelled seems kinda dumb.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

i canz r33d th!5 ju5T F!n3. U ju5t n3edz moar practise.

But seriously…it doesn’t bother me at all.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

the forums are run through an “unintelligencer” to mock the internet’s poor spelling and grammar skills.

i guess some folks who are really bothered by that sort of thing just can’t hang. (Every forum or online community has some people like that)

Tack

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Velveteen Posted:

the forums are run through an “unintelligencer” to mock the internet’s poor spelling and grammar skills.

i guess some folks who are really bothered by that sort of thing just can’t hang. (Every forum or online community has some people like that)

I not going to argue that every forum has some of those people that can’t write a complete sentence to save their life, but I have yet to be on a forum where those are the ONLY kind of people. And while it does bother me a bit, this game is still too much fun to stop. =)

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Velveteen Posted:

I wouldn’t say every forum has people like that. I’ve been on one where I haven’t seen anything worse than an occasional typo, even in their “bad threads and posts” dungeon. It all depends on how strict the rule and the community are on that sort of thing.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!