Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Star Trek! Holy Crap!

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

I can’t remember the last time I saw such a fun film. Anyone else see it?

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Not yet. I’m a hardcore trekkie and especially love TOS. So it’s not like that ****ty Transformers movie?

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I am not a serious Trekkie, but this movie was so good that 2 hours felt like nothing. You will not be disappointed.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I hate how people call a movie ****ty just because it’s nothing like the series. Anyway, not yet but I want to.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

I plan on seeing it this weekend and I also plan on understanding very little of it.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

not yet but I want to.

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I saw Wolverine as well today (movie hopping for the win).

That movie was total and utter ****. Seriously, the film makers should be run out of hollywood with their cameras stuck in their bumes. It was that bad.

Star Trek, on the other hand, was easily the best thing I’ve seen since Dark Knight. It was not mired in science, so it was easy to understand. It also reset the series without changing any of the lore that came before it.

CoreyJess edited this message on 05/13/2009 10:22PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

CreepPipe Posted:

I plan on seeing it this weekend and I also plan on understanding very little of it.

I’ve heard that this is not supposed to be anything related to any of the series. It’s something someone who’s never seen star trek before could get, while keeping older fans happy.(What I’ve heard anyway)

CoreyJess Posted:

I saw Wolverine as well today (movie hopping for the win).

That movie was total and utter ****. Seriously, the film makers should be run out of hollywood with their cameras stuck in their bumes. It was that bad.

Yeah, I used to want to see it but it seems no one has anything good to say about it.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 05/13/2009 10:24PM

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I’ve heard that this is not supposed to be anything related to any of the series. It’s something someone who’s never seen star trek before could get, while keeping older fans happy.(What I’ve heard anyway)

Absolutely true. You have my word on it. Long time fans will find a lot in it to appreciate though.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Well I’m not expecting it to turn me into a Trekkie, however I’m at least hoping to enjoy it. All these new movies that come out that are based on pop-culture of the past and comic books I go into with very little expectations and occasionally I am pleased but more often than not I don’t get it and what I do get, I am let down by.

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

CreepPipe Posted:

Well I’m not expecting it to turn me into a Trekkie, however I’m at least hoping to enjoy it. All these new movies that come out that are based on pop-culture of the past and comic books I go into with very little expectations and occasionally I am pleased but more often than not I don’t get it and what I do get, I am let down by.

I can’t imagine anyone not enjoying it, it’s a great action flick. Come back to this thread and tell me what you think, I’m really interested to know.

CoreyJess edited this message on 05/13/2009 10:44PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I saw Wolverine, and got what I expected out of it. I tolerated the X-Men Trilogy, because it had good parts, but wasn’t a polished & complete story. If you thought the X-Men Trilogy was acceptable, then that’s how you’ll probably feel about this movie.

In other words, I won’t end up buying it for my collection until it’s a Previously Viewed at Blockbuster for $5.

As far as Star Trek goes, I’ve been a fan for a long time, and have yet to hear anything that makes me think I won’t like it. I just haven’t had time to go see it yet, with work issues and such.

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

I saw Wolverine, and got what I expected out of it. I tolerated the X-Men Trilogy, because it had good parts, but wasn’t a polished & complete story. If you thought the X-Men Trilogy was acceptable, then that’s how you’ll probably feel about this movie.

In other words, I won’t end up buying it for my collection until it’s a Previously Viewed at Blockbuster for $5.

As far as Star Trek goes, I’ve been a fan for a long time, and have yet to hear anything that makes me think I won’t like it. I just haven’t had time to go see it yet, with work issues and such.

X1 and X2 were good movies, X3 was a letdown, but Wolverine was a weak, hole filled story with lousy special effects. Many of the story elements don’t even line up with the original X trilogy. I literally left the theater shaking my head.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Yup. Thought Star Trek was awesome. Log in to see images!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Kept waiting for Spock to raise his hand, move it off to the side, and split people’s heads open then steal their powers.

Umm I always hated Star Trek but that’s what my mom and dad were doing for Mother’s Day, so I saw it even though I didn’t plan on it and enjoyed it. Yeah, my mom wanted to see Star Trek for Mother’s Day. Log in to see images!

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I enjoyed Star Trek and I think everybody should see it, but I can’t help but feel slightly disappointed. The movie had ample opportunities to be smart and thoughtful, and ultimately opted not to capitalize on any of them in lieu of another opportunity to blow things up. Still, it was a fun couple of hours.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

The Star Trek movie was awesome. There’s nothing more I can say… I mean, it was that awesome. If someone paid for the movie, I’d go see it again (cause I’m cheap that way). Good story.

X-men I haven’t seen… I’m wary about seeing it, but I probably will end up seeing it anyway.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I went to see it knowing only that there was a guy called Spock and he had funny ears.

It was awesome. I wasn’t too keen on the beginning, but after that I loved everything. Would see again. Multiple times.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

By the way did anyone notice there was a Tribble in a cage on Scotty’s desk? Clbumic.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!