Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Uh oh trolling is going to be illegal soon

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Now the whole internet can be civil and talk about wheels. Log in to see images!

News: http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/05/1734238&from=rss

The Bill: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.1966:

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

HORRAY, I LIVE IN CANADA. **** YOU UNITED STATES LAW. WOO.

Melanin-Enhanced Individual was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Melanin-Enhanced Individual edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

I was going to make a comment on how the law will never pbum, but then I remembered how many whiney people there are in the world and I think the internet may be screwed.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Won’t pbum. Would remove the right to free speech on the internet.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Lee_Harvey_Oswald Posted:

HORRAY, I LIVE IN CANADA. **** YOU UNITED STATES LAW. WOO.

On this site, posting in all-caps in CD is against the law. Or at least the rules. Even in Canada.

You’ve been warned.

On topic, if I understand the bill correctly, it’s to protect those under 18 from actions which are primarily DONE by people under 18. Brilliant :rolleyes:

(I want a :rolleyes: emoticon!)

silversparrow

Level 62 Camwhore

“Skank-Ass Ho-Bag”

More likely it’ll pbum and get overturned.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

MC Banhammer Posted:

(I want a :rolleyes: emoticon!)

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

MC Banhammer Posted:

On this site, posting in all-caps in CD is against the law. Or at least the rules. Even in Canada.

You’ve been warned.

meh forgot where I was.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Oh wow. All this fuss because of incompetent parents who can’t educate their kids properly so they feel the need to remove everything even remotely objectionable because their kids might be exposed to *GASP* DIFFERENT IDEAS THAN THEIR OWN. Same people who sue whatever artist happens to be playing when they walk in the room to find that their kid shot himself in the head instead of wondering if it may be their own fault for ****ing the kid up so bad and leaving a gun where he could find it.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Internet is dangerous.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Raepdog Posted:

Internet is dangerous.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Uh I’m not sure this bill would violate first amendment rights… free speech doesn’t really apply to the kind of speech they’re talking about. The first amendment doesn’t protect you against saying anything you want.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

FAIL Posted:

Uh I’m not sure this bill would violate first amendment rights… free speech doesn’t really apply to the kind of speech they’re talking about. The first amendment doesn’t protect you against saying anything you want.

Plus people don’t understand that your rights end where other peoples’ right begin.

Still don’t want this bill to pbum though, Megan Meier was lulz.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

If it was only used to prevent things that cause real damage to people then yeah, it’d be fine, but that’s not what’s going to happen. FWZ is going to be shut down in a ****ing week. Religious groups will get websites that refute their insane/idiotic beliefs shut down. Furfabulous persons will be free to pervert our youth with no opposition whatsoever. **** will hit the fan repeatedly, and the internet will be worthless.

At least that’s what I expect.

EDIT: And it’s not like the gub’mint has enough resources to actually prosecute everyone who violates this law anyways. Especially not when they can slap 500 proxies down then get a few hundred of their 4Chan bumbuddies to join in.

Lord Shplane edited this message on 05/13/2009 8:42PM

Runox

[Screw Being Social-
Im My Own Klan
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

This will never work, especially since if it’s for people UNDER 18… why not stop all? They could easily say they’re 18. Fun. Also, well, trolling’s fun. if they take that away from us, what the hell are we gonna do for fun? Well, aside from FWZ. Log in to see images!

Kotoku

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Wow, more gub’mint intervention in our lives when it’s no ones business.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Raepdog Posted:

Internet is dangerous.

Indeed Log in to see images!

warjoke

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Raepdog Posted:

Internet is dangerous.

and full of fail

Amphitrite

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

It’s like this, a minor will more likely to believe whatever crap the internet spews at them. Also internet creates opportunities for no immediate physical retaliation.

(3) Electronic communications provide anonymity to the perpetrator and the potential for widespread public distribution, potentially making them severely dangerous and cruel to youth.

Things on the internet usually spills onto rl. (Also the reason to never post real information about yourself on any part of the internet) That’s just full of ways for a person to be antagonized at school. Children are cruel beings.

You shouldn’t be targeting people with REAL suicidal tendencies. Not that you’ll really know if they do have depression or not. Use proper judgement?

Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harbum, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

So no I don’t think trolling is going to be illegal. Certainly Forumwarz will not be shut down since since forumwarz doesn’t “bully” anyone. Well, at least you all know you’re not really bullying anyone with your bullying. Shouldn’t be taking this site that seriously anyways.

Meh, forgot to add this line.

Its more like if your blog point out names then you might be in trouble. But there are anti-defamation laws for this isn’t there.

Amphitrite edited this message on 05/15/2009 10:41PM

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Essentially the point of the bill is that through the internet, someone can (anonymously) cause someone else to undergo extreme stress and depression, possibly to the point of suicide or murder.

So instead of doing anything to help these people, or releasing a PSA telling parents to make sure their kids don’t off themselves over an internet troll, or release PSAs in the schools letting kids know not to take things seriously, they’re just going to wreck the first amendment.

As said in the article on slashdot, this WILL be misused.

Imagine this: In GRP, I’m talking to this guy, and he’s being a huge douche. In fact he is a douche [...with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harbum, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior…].

Under this law (if it pbumes), he would technically be doing something illegal, and this would merit less than 2 years in prison, or a small fine.

This will probably be similar to all the laws against downloading music, it’s illegal; but everyone does it anyway. The reason why? Because arresting them all would require thousands (if not millions) of police officers, to storm every 15 year olds house (this is of course after flooding the judicial system with warrants and such), arrest them, go through a trial in which they’ll need to defy our privacy by obtaining private records, and then give them a $200 fine.

Other than that, it’s a clear cut violation of the first amendment. Hell, telling someone that they smell can be considered [...the intent to coerce, intimidate, harbum, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior...].

Lord Shplane Posted:

FWZ is going to be shut down in a ****ing week.

3 Reasons that that is false.

1) Forumwarz has not trolled anyone.

2) Most of the base user is over 18.

3) It’s Canadian. Wait…actually that’s a good question, is it hosted in Canada? or in the US?

Fine 2 reasons. But the first is enough, it’s individual people.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!