Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout XBOX Live Trial?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

Only problem with PC gaming is having to spend ****tons of money constantly upgrading your hardware but if you’ve got ****tons of money it’s good I guess.

I happen to like my 360 a lot, but I’d rather have a PS3. A smartphone is very nice though, I have a Blackberry Tour and it’s very useful.

Not…really. Only with games trying to up the standards, but usually you can get a good gaming PC for around 700-800 dollars.

Anyway, it’s up to you imo. Will you use your phone more than play the systems? Get the phone. Do you plan to play the systems a lot? Get one of the systems. I personally enjoy the Wii because it gives you the option of downloading older games that were on the SNES, N64 etc. As well as some games not released outside japan.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 04/09/2010 1:10PM

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

The cost of upgrading a graphics card is less than buying a new console (unless you’re a bleeding-edge obsessive) and you’d probably need to do so with about the same frequency. If you would want to have a semi-decent computer for general use anyway, then the cost of occasional upgrades isn’t prohibitive.

The cost of games is probably the more important thing… and I’m kinda out of the loop so I couldn’t say whether console or PC games are more expensive. PC’s got easy piracy going for it though Log in to see images!

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Fran, if you have some friends who have 360’s, thats a good reason to get one. I’ve enjoyed my time online far more than I would have normally thanks to Xbox Live parties.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

If you want a decent gaming computer, just tubmail me and I can build you one through NewEgg. I’ve made one for about 650 that was able to run DAO at high settings at 40+ FPS the entire time (running on a 5770), so if you really want one it’s not that hard. You can also build one that has dual gtx 295’s all watercooled to hell with an overclocked i7 that could cost you 2500+ easy, but then again, that’s bleeding edge, and even with that, unless you’re a mondo nerd like me you wouldn’t need to build a new rig once a year like I do. Log in to see images!

A game for a PC averages $50 and usually gets a large amount of DLC free (L4D2 being a prime example). Almost all PC games are cracked within the first week they come out, if it’s a popular game, or sometimes they’re leaked in advance, like Bioshock 2 and Mbum Effect 2 recently.

I’d put it in order of New iPhone that’s coming out in summer > Gaming computer > Xbox 360, unless you’re actually a big gamer, then it’d be gaming computer first I guess.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

megazeroexe Posted:

If you want a decent gaming computer, just tubmail me and I can build you one through NewEgg. I’ve made one for about 650 that was able to run DAO at high settings at 40+ FPS the entire time (running on a 5770), so if you really want one it’s not that hard. You can also build one that has dual gtx 295’s all watercooled to hell with an overclocked i7 that could cost you 2500+ easy, but then again, that’s bleeding edge, and even with that, unless you’re a mondo nerd like me you wouldn’t need to build a new rig once a year like I do. Log in to see images!

A game for a PC averages $50 and usually gets a large amount of DLC free (L4D2 being a prime example). Almost all PC games are cracked within the first week they come out, if it’s a popular game, or sometimes they’re leaked in advance, like Bioshock 2 and Mbum Effect 2 recently.

I’d put it in order of New iPhone that’s coming out in summer > Gaming computer > Xbox 360, unless you’re actually a big gamer, then it’d be gaming computer first I guess.

Yeah, building your computer is always the way to go. Pre-built are over priced and you get usually get a tons better computer for the same price if not cheaper.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

man-man Posted:

The cost of upgrading a graphics card is less than buying a new console (unless you’re a bleeding-edge obsessive) and you’d probably need to do so with about the same frequency. If you would want to have a semi-decent computer for general use anyway, then the cost of occasional upgrades isn’t prohibitive.

The cost of games is probably the more important thing… and I’m kinda out of the loop so I couldn’t say whether console or PC games are more expensive. PC’s got easy piracy going for it though Log in to see images!

Eh, 40-50 dollars on general. But yeah, with all the deals steam has, I usually just watch those and buy from there.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!