Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Poll - How do you display images now?
Poll: What is your choice for Flamebate pictures?
You must be logged in to vote.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I’m curious as to which of the new image options people were choosing. Also, essay question – are people using the RP forums more, less or the same since the recent changes?

Crinkz

Avatar: 165830 Sun Mar 22 02:17:42 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Hi, just wanting Crinkz to spend yet another BP to try and copy me. -CrinkzPipe

I’m honestly surprised at the lack of shock images so far in non-RP. The mod team really cut the “edgy” posters off at the pbum by making everything legal. It really took the wind out of the “lol ima post shock and make people uncomfortable” peoples sails. That said, the only active non-RP forum is anon now, which is a terrible trend and one I hope dies a fiery death.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

full size- I didn’t type in “I am not easily offended” for nothing. Besides, there are far more normal images than shock at the moment. You would be missing out on a lot more than you are banking on “protecting” yourself from.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’ve gone to thumbnails. I don’t know if it is just my perception or what, but it seems to load faster.

The shock rule/pic options didn’t change anything about Flamebate for me. I seem to browse less in general (both CD and RP) since the forum split and introduction of the anon forum. No idea if it is just coincidental or what.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

oh cool new options

didn’t change it

display full size

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Full size. If you can’t stand the goatse, stay out of the RP forums.

scully Posted:

I’ve gone to thumbnails. I don’t know if it is just my perception or what, but it seems to load faster.

Leechbait posted a thread a couple days ago which shows an issue with the current implementation. I would think, if anything, images (and therefore the thread) load slower, as you’re loading the image, then applying what needs to be done to make it a thumbnail. This is probably only fractions of a second, unless your computer/connection is a piece of crap or someone has spammed emoticons, though.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I actually switched to thumbnails before I realised shock had become legal. It just feels more…streamlined?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I changed it to thumbnails. It’s not like you can’t see the shock anymore, plus with posts with a lot of pictures you don’t get the annoying scroll bar if it’s a legit post.

I visit whatever the active topics are if they AREN’T anon.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I don’t display them at all, but that’s because I browse FW at work/school constantly and even thumbnails would put me in problem.

If there was a way sort options per computer instead of per account, I’d use thumbnails.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I went with thumbnails, because that’s what I’m used to on most sites. Like scully said, maybe it’s just my perception, but it feels more streamlined and faster.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I also went with thumbnails. Never did understand what was shock and what wasn’t, but I didn’t like having a thread become so scrolly I couldn’t read the relevant posts anymore. Not faster, but definitely more streamlined.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!