Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music Rap/Hip-Hop

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

If you can’t see how amazing this track is, than please stop listening to music KTHXBAI.

Not seeing it. I’ve heard things that are way better.

I don’t really like any genre where the “stars” don’t perform the music, but only the lyrics.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

NotJoePesci

Avatar: 6966 Sat Feb 21 00:54:31 -0500 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Best ethnic friend a guy could have! Also Im not racist. -Raepdog

____ Posted:

Not seeing it. I’ve heard things that are way better.

I don’t really like any genre where the “stars” don’t perform the music, but only the lyrics.

Perhaps you’d be better off posting in a thread about one of those genres, then.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

____

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

NotJoePesci Posted:

Perhaps you’d be better off posting in a thread about one of those genres, then.

The topic at hand is why it’s better than other genres. I don’t think it is. Why? Because the compositions are generally terrible, with just a looped piece of background music and some silly lyrics.

There would be no discussion if we all just agreed, and that would be quite boring.

Your argument reminds me a lot of awful comments like “Don’t post if you are going to criticize”.

NotJoePesci

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

I don’t think you quite understand how complex beats for these songs tend to be. There’s much more to it that “a looped piece of music”. Also, I’m not thinking you’ve tried listening to much if you’ve only heard some “silly lyrics.” This tells me that you’re still in no position to be making judgments.

____

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

NotJoePesci Posted:

I don’t think you quite understand how complex beats for these songs tend to be. There’s much more to it that “a looped piece of music”. Also, I’m not thinking you’ve tried listening to much if you’ve only heard some “silly lyrics.” This tells me that you’re still in no position to be making judgments.

So the lyrics are really complex and deep, the rhymes they use are never stupid, and they work really hard on composing original background music, instead on getting a cool beat/sample and making it fit with the lyrics uh?

Whatever you say bro.

And of course I haven’t heard that much, while there are even worse genres, this one is not exactly my cup of tea and I’d rather be listening to something else.

NotJoePesci

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

____ Posted:

So the lyrics are really complex and deep, the rhymes they use are never stupid, and they work really hard on composing original background music, instead on getting a cool beat/sample and making it fit with the lyrics uh?

Whatever you say bro.

And of course I haven’t heard that much, while there are even worse genres, this one is not exactly my cup of tea and I’d rather be listening to something else.

Right. Just like all black people are thieves, all Jews are greedy lawyers, all Mexicans are dirty and carry swine flu, all the French are fabulous persons, all Asians are good at math, and all white people love country music. You’re not generalizing or anything, right, “bro?”

____

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

NotJoePesci Posted:

Right. Just like all black people are thieves, all Jews are greedy lawyers, all Mexicans are dirty and carry swine flu, all the French are fabulous persons, all Asians are good at math, and all white people love country music. You’re not generalizing or anything, right, “bro?”

So, you are telling me that most rap/hip-hop songs don’t talk about “drugs, whores, sex, killing, etc”?

There are exceptions, but if most of the songs didn’t talk about those things I wouldn’t have this idea on my head.

NotJoePesci

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

____ Posted:

So, you are telling me that most rap/hip-hop songs don’t talk about “drugs, whores, sex, killing, etc”?

There are exceptions, but if most of the songs didn’t talk about those things I wouldn’t have this idea on my head.

Is all punk music sissies with pink hair ****ing about skater boys, or all metal just screaming with dumb lyrics and downtuned guitars and breakdowns, or all country about a cheating spouse? That’s most of what I hear from the radio and TV, but I’m not so closed minded to actually believe that that’s all there is to it.

If you don’t bother digging a bit then you’re really in no position to judge it and argue with people who do appreciate it.

All I’m really saying is don’t knock it til’ you try it.

____

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

NotJoePesci Posted:

If you don’t bother digging a bit then you’re really in no position to judge it and argue with people who do appreciate it.

All I’m really saying is don’t knock it til’ you try it.

I’m all out of shovels man. If to find a few decent songs I have to listen to a lot of terrible songs, I’d rather not. Or you enlighten me, all I’ve seen in this thread are terrible and okay songs, but none has really made me say “****ING MASTERPIECE”.

We are talking about genres here, when you talk about a genre you have to generalize. Of course there are exceptions, but then we would be talking about individual singers/bands.

If you want to know about my musical tastes I don’t listen to genres. I don’t even listen to bands. There are a few songs from a few artists that I like from different genres.

However, there are some genres I just don’t like.

And using the phrase “closed minded” is quite ironic. Because someone thinks different than you do they are “closed minded”? Uh?

NotJoePesci

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

____ Posted:

I’m all out of shovels man. If to find a few decent songs I have to listen to a lot of terrible songs, I’d rather not. Or you enlighten me, all I’ve seen in this thread are terrible and okay songs, but none has really made me say “****ING MASTERPIECE”.

We are talking about genres here, when you talk about a genre you have to generalize. Of course there are exceptions, but then we would be talking about individual singers/bands.

If you want to know about my musical tastes I don’t listen to genres. I don’t even listen to bands. There are a few songs from a few artists that I like from different genres.

However, there are some genres I just don’t like.

And using the phrase “closed minded” is quite ironic. Because someone thinks different than you do they are “closed minded”? Uh?

Alright. Here’s what’ll happen. I’ll make a new thread sometime this week and it’ll be just for you to hear some hip hop with substance. We’ll call it a hip hop starter kit of sorts. If you don’t like what you hear I’ll stop giving you **** for you opinion.

As for this thread, let’s get it back on track.

NotJoePesci

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

NotJoePesci

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Dan the Auto-
mator

Level 56 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

Dan the Auto-
mator

Level 56 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

____ Posted:

That’s because, a lot of the time, rappers write their own music. You don’t need five people to operate a sampler and turntables.

____ Posted:

just a looped piece of background music and some silly lyrics.

____ Posted:

Hip-hop is one of, if not the most, diverse genres of music, but your judging it based entirely on one of it’s sub-genres (gangster rap). Try looking away from the mainstream before judging the entire genre.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 05/15/2009 1:05AM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!