Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing dobnits' Monthly Contest of the Month: May 2009 - Lets Build(r) Something together (and for 8 BP)

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Hello and again welcome to another fun run for Delicious Brownie Points. This contest will be taking a focus at my favorite part of the forumwarz experiece (Outside from being a mod Log in to see images!) This is a little thing called Forumbuildr. And frankly, its not been given the love it deserves in these past few months, mostly being forums by the same select few and even having only four or five people actually trying to get stuff in. Now, as with my last buildr related contest I am putting this statement on the table. This is nothing against any of the other forumbuildr heavy hitters. I appreciate and enjoy all of your work (Yes, I have even learned to stop worrying and love Bashy’s forums) That being said, I am going to delve farther into a promotion of variety by making a new type of contest. The rules are as follows.

Log in to see images!Step one: Post in this thread expressing interest in this contest. By doing that you will p. much automatically be watched for the remainder of this contest.

Log in to see images!FINE PRINT: You will only get points for your 5 highest earning subs per week. (You will get 5 points for getting your forum selected) This is to prevent counter-productivity by simply rewarding the folks who have a high buildr score. By all means you can still go for it.

Log in to see images! after 5 weeks* of this process all the points from entrants will be bumigned an integer, which will be run through a random number generator come the time to hind out the prizes. In the end, four(4) random people (yes they willbe different) will each receive a TWO(2) Brownie Point Prize. Depending on how well this contest goes, I may raise the number or winners and/or the prizes handed out.

Alts are permitted to enter this months contest (Yes I know this will probably come back to haunt me…Log in to see images!

tl;dr version

Post here, play forumbuildr, win Brownielicious prizes.

*Note: I am in fact aware this runs well into next month. I will be running my June contest at the beginning of it though. I have simply been bogged down with schol and work these last few week to actually get this contest up and running. Things should run a lot more smoothly come summer.

As per usual: Good Luck, Have Fun, and Don’t Troll this contest.

dobnits

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

dobnits Posted:

Hello and again welcome to another fun run for Delicious Brownie Points. This contest will be taking a focus at my favorite part of the forumwarz experiece (Outside from being a mod Log in to see images!) This is a little thing called Forumbuildr. And frankly, its not been given the love it deserves in these past few months, mostly being forums by the same select few and even having only four or five people actually trying to get stuff in. Now, as with my last buildr related contest I am putting this statement on the table. This is nothing against any of the other forumbuildr heavy hitters. I appreciate and enjoy all of your work (Yes, I have even learned to stop worrying and love Bashy’s forums) That being said, I am going to delve farther into a promotion of variety by making a new type of contest. The rules are as follows.

Log in to see images!Step one: Post in this thread expressing interest in this contest. By doing that you will p. much automatically be watched for the remainder of this contest.

Log in to see images!FINE PRINT: You will only get points for your 5 highest earning subs per week. (You will get 5 points for getting your forum selected) This is to prevent counter-productivity by simply rewarding the folks who have a high buildr score. By all means you can still go for it.

Log in to see images! after 5 weeks* of this process all the points from entrants will be bumigned an integer, which will be run through a random number generator come the time to hind out the prizes. In the end, four(4) random people (yes they willbe different) will each receive a TWO(2) Brownie Point Prize. Depending on how well this contest goes, I may raise the number or winners and/or the prizes handed out.

Alts are permitted to enter this months contest (Yes I know this will probably come back to haunt me…Log in to see images!

tl;dr version

Post here, play forumbuildr, win Brownielicious prizes.

*Note: I am in fact aware this runs well into next month. I will be running my June contest at the beginning of it though. I have simply been bogged down with schol and work these last few week to actually get this contest up and running. Things should run a lot more smoothly come summer.

As per usual: Good Luck, Have Fun, and Don’t Troll this contest.

Quoting for the hell of it.

Also, tocks.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I’m fond of Forumbuildr. Why not try and turn a profit out of it? Log in to see images!

Consider me interested.

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

interested

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

So I just have to play the game like I always do? I’m in.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I suck at buildr and have gave up hope of winning. But I guess I’ll try again for this contest.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Yeah, I’ll join. Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Sure, I’m in

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

I am entering.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I’m in but I don’t quite understand how it doesn’t benefit people with higher buildr score, I barely stand a chance against someone with, say, 20 more submissions than me.

Call Me Diego

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

ChilePepino Posted:

I’m in but I don’t quite understand how it doesn’t benefit people with higher buildr score, I barely stand a chance against someone with, say, 20 more submissions than me.

Because the prizes are awarded randomly.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

underscorewas Posted:

Yeah, I re-read the OP, sorry.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

underscorewas Posted:

But higher buildr score = more possibilities for entries.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

CrinkzPipe Posted:

no, your character gets a number according to your points, then a number is selected via random number generator.

Am I right?

dobnits

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Which is exactly why I limited the number of applicable entries to five.

Call Me Diego

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

I re-read it and the higher buildr scores due have an advantage, but its the advantage that forumbuildr gives them. But there is a cap of 10 per week and 50 being the max for the contest.

Call Me Diego

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

ChilePepino Posted:

no, your character gets a number according to your points, then a number is selected via random number generator.

Am I right?

That is what I thought as well, but I think its more of a raffle.

dobnits

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

underscorewas Posted:

I re-read it and the higher buildr scores due have an advantage, but its the advantage that forumbuildr gives them. But there is a cap of 10 per week and 50 being the max for the contest.

Well if you want to get technical you CAN earn up to thirteen points a week. But you have to get our forum selected, win both logo and style (which are worth 3 apiece for the record), and get two other entries. The odds of that happening are pretty low and anybody ho can pull that off will have most definitely earned 13 points.

Yes I admit this does, in fact, give an advantage to people with more submissions, but in fairness you can get the full score with the starting 7 submissions.

Also I forgot to mention that any illegal manipulation of voing will be noted and duly dealt with with extreme prejudice Log in to see images! dobnits edited this message on 05/07/2009 1:34AM

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Time to put my many useless submissions to use Log in to see images!

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

ok let’s do this. let’s hope i can get some upvotes/

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!