Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion FSM

Communist Pa-
ncake

Level 14 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

I don’t know if you have seen it, but the church of the flying spaghetti monster ( http://www.venganza.org/ ) has been mocking religion for years. They started when Bobby Henderson sent a letter to the Kansas city school board because they were trying to allow Creationism to be thought along side evolution.

Then tons of Christians come on and start terrorizing the community. Yes, it is Only Christians, and they start saying that this is all a big joke and that Christianity is the one true religion and all that junk.

And then there are very good points against them.

In response to ‘How can you know god is a FSM ( http://www.venganza.org/2009/04/15/how-can-you-know ) people posted these replies:

Christianity isn’t the only religion out there.

There’s Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, as well as the Islamic religion. (And a bunch more. There’s technically /thousands of religions.) So, as they exist as possible “theories” am I supposed to believe in Buddha, Shiva, the Jewish God, and Alla as well as your Christian God?

Or if I leave one out will I be damned by the deity of the god I neglected?

And the organ thing is a lame example. Because I know my heart’s there. And my brain. There’s such a thing as science– and if I really want to prove to myself that I have a liver, I can always get a CAT scan or something. ;D

However, I can’t just call up God/Buddha/Shiva/Allah. I don’t have any snapshots in my family album. And I’m pretty sure he won’t pop me an IM.

Gravity can be proven by dropping something. There’s actual proof. The only thing your religion holds as proof is the Bible– and how do you know that is even true, eh?

I don’t want to talk anymore, so I’ll leave off there.

“I WANT SOLID EVIDENCE”

RAMEN, BEN.

Maybe when someone gives /me/ solid evidence, I’ll believe in /their/ deity. ;3

But for now, I’m content with my picture of His Noodliness and his creation of His mountain, tree, and midget.

And

Three things:

1)”God’s fingerprints are on all of creation and more and more scientists and people are recognizing this alike.”

Nope sorry, wrong. Creationists are the only ones trying to scientifically prove God, and none of them practice anything near the scientific process. First of all, scientific process requires that you accept the bumumption that your theory could be wrong. Creationists fail right out of the gate on this one. Granted Atheists who try to disprove god make similar logical fallacies. In either case, the point is god is not something that can have science applied to it, which is why it doesn’t deserve air time in the science clbumroom.

2) “Think about it, if all the people in the world were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the ship was going down and there were no lifeboats, everyone would need a Savior no matter how hard they tried to save themselves.”

Actually, they’d probably all drown or those who could tread water the longest would fashion a boat out of the corpses. Faith does not save you from drowning, that has been proven more than enough times. And if you do have Faith, then you know that drowning is nothing to be afraid of. Your allegory is fundamentally flawed.

3) “Every other religion in the world is saved through works and Christianity is the only one where we are saved by our faith alone.”

So you’re saying Christians don’t actually have to be good people, they just have to believe that they are. This really doesn’t help your argument. It actually makes the other religions look better.

Oh, and as for your suggested readings: I’ve read the Bible a few times, and the latter of your two suggestions. The Bible is one of the larger reasons I’m no longer religious. And the writings of Lee Strobel, while an interesting read with some good points, are extremely one sided and hardly an endorsement of the Biblical God.

In Love and Pasta,

Pastafarian Taco

And, i think they have a point. (and CD dosen’t)

So, if you’re not a renegade christian, then what do you think?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!