Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ugly Good day. It seems that an unjust ban has occurred just one day after you promised to be more clear with the rules.

FAIL’s post would definitely not have been clbumified as a shock image before the excessive number of new mods you added joined us. If you’re going to start randomly deciding things are shock/not shock based on the tarot or whatever it is you use, you need to give us some guidelines. I’ve seen much nastier stuff posted here and ignored. Your “rule update” that was not an actual update yesterday is a joke and a slap in the face to loyal citizens such as FAIL. He has dedicated the best years of his life to good posting practices on your website. Please consider a list, not of well-known shock images (i.e. “Don’t post goatse, tubgirl, etc.) but of specific body parts and/or functions that you personally find offensive, Dear Leader.

Thank you for your time,

~leetlol~

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

FAIL’s post would definitely not have been clbumified as a shock image before the excessive number of new mods you added joined us.

You are mistaken. I’m the one who banned him, as I found that image quite shocking. That would have happened when I was the only mod.

And as posted elsewhere numerous times, we are currently discussing the issue of “what is shock”, as well as other things, in the task force. The centralization of the rules came out of those discussions, and while it isn’t a change to the rules (well, okay, one minor one), it was to show that we are indeed progressing in our discussions, and you just have to have patience until we get somewhere. The committee is large.

In the meantime, I AGAIN strongly urge any of you who think what you want to post might be shock (as FAIL did, given that his thread was in support of someone else who was banned for shock for a similar image), you run it by moderators FIRST and give us time to discuss.

So again, it depends on which mod sees it. I’ve seen such things posted and would not have guessed that was “shock” or that I’d have to ask before posting it.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

So again, it depends on which mod sees it.

Well yes. That’s what happens when you have a subjective rule, sometimes it’s seen one way, sometimes another. That’s been pretty clear for a long time.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

and although I love you leetlol, with male reproductive organ and tongue, in the mod’s defense I will say that from what I gather they get dozens, maybe hundreds of image reports every day and countless images that get posted here are offensive or shocking to someone who reports them.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Well yes. That’s what happens when you have a subjective rule, sometimes it’s seen one way, sometimes another. That’s been pretty clear for a long time.

Why don’t we implement detailed specifications on what is shock, such as body parts, bodily functions or any activity which can be considered shock.

If they are overwhelmed with reports they should probably have strong rules about false reporting, as well. If a ban occurs and every user that sees the offending post looks at it and is genuinely confused as to why it was bannable, you have problems that should be addressed before adding more terrible “content” updates, such as an Anon forum or signature scroll bars.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Why don’t we implement detailed specifications on what is shock, such as body parts, bodily functions or any activity which can be considered shock.

Jesus ****ing christ, do you EVER stop? First it was the centralized rule page you didn’t have patience for, and now it’s this list.

I’m going to say this ONE MORE TIME to you, and then I’m going to consider any more times you ask this same ****ing question as trolling, and ban appropriately.

WE ARE WORKING ON IT! GIVE US TIME!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

you have problems that should be addressed before adding more terrible “content” updates, such as an Anon forum or signature scroll bars.

Content updates have nothing to do with policy updates. ET’s the only one who can do content, while the task force is working on policy. So that’s not an either-or situation.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

New thread for the general public to share their opinions and input, respectfully of course.

Let’s move any continuing discussion to this thread, to avoid repeated threads about the same issues, and repeated posts about the same issue.

We are as eager as all of you to have an improved rules & Forum structure in place. And many of the questions & comments that have been brought up are being discussed.

If you sincerely want to see positive changes, then you have to be patient, and wait for us to engage in a fair amount of discussion & debate before we make a decision. Pestering us with repeated requests for the same issue will not result in a speedier response.

As MCB said, we have had duties delegated based on access & availability, and so, the Mod Rules Discussion is in no way interfering with CZ’s content & admin duties. That’s the beauty of the setup.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 05/05/2009 5:29PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!