Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Some suggestions for a rebalance

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

A few suggestions for a rebalance and they should be easy and quick to implement:

1. This has been often suggested: bumholes should only hit for ten scoops if you have less than 10 scoops, else for five. (Or 8 and 4)
  2. The Stray Bullet is overpowered, it should similar to the bumhole only hit the player with the most cards. If two or more players have the same amount of cards one of them is chosen randomly
  3. The card limit made sense when it was introduced but especially with the Stray Bullet there is no reason for it anymore and having less hard caps can only be a good thing. Also if you have less than 10 cards they should cost only 3 scoops (to encourage people in the lower brackets to buy some cards and also to give a reason to play some cheap cards early on instead of just hoarding them), if you have 10-29 cards they should cost as usual four scoops and if you already have 30 cards every additional card should cost five scoops.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

amasius, unsurprisingly, talks sense. Signed.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

Amasius Posted:

...Also if you have less than 10 cards they should cost only 3 scoops (to encourage people in the lower brackets to buy some cards and also to give a reason to play some cheap cards early on instead of just hoarding them), if you have 10-29 cards they should cost as usual four scoops and if you already have 30 cards every additional card should cost five scoops.

Could be slightly exploitable if someone buys 9 cards, uses them all, buys 9 cards, uses them all, etc.

Other than that one minor quibble I think this is a good idea and worthy of further discussion.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Vageena Davis Posted:

Could be slightly exploitable if someone buys 9 cards, uses them all, buys 9 cards, uses them all, etc.

That’s exactly what I intend with this suggestion, the downside would be that you might have to play your cards early (basic rule for dom: the later you get scoops/play cards the better). Destro would be cheaper but also weaker after the rebalance.

Amasius edited this message on 05/05/2009 2:38PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I prefer a solid cost for cards. 4 scoops is fair. We saw the week where cards cost only 1 scoop and the majority of the lower brackets didn’t get cards at all.

I like the full on nerf of The bumhole at this point. Hit for 7 or 8 if you have less than 4 (10? whatever, don’t care as long as it is a low number) scoops, hit for 4 or 5 if over 4 (10) scoops.

Stray Bullet – I’d be fine with hitting the top card holder as The bumhole hits the top scoop holder. I also really like the idea of it missing 50% of the time (thematically, it is a “stray” bullet, so it could miss.)

Ducksrule

Avatar: 86816 Mon Feb 16 06:59:46 -0500 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

scully Posted:

I prefer a solid cost for cards. 4 scoops is fair. We saw the week where cards cost only 1 scoop and the majority of the lower brackets didn’t get cards at all.

Yeah, I’m not really agreeing with the card cost thing. I do agree that removing the cap on cards held could be a good thing, and making stray bullets hit the person with the most cards seems like a really good idea.

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

If people feel that the Stray Bullet is too powerful, then I think that having it live up to its “Stray” name and missing 20% or so of the time would be thematically and conceptually great!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Grayson81 Posted:

If people feel that the Stray Bullet is too powerful

Could someone explain to me why Stray Bullet is too powerful? As compared to just another element of strategy?

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

Vageena Davis Posted:

Other than that one minor quibble I think this is a good idea and worthy of further discussion.

Likewise, as you get to the end of the round (particularly if you’re not in harsh competition for a medal), it makes blowing your cards then buying that one more card at cut-cost an option.

If a system could be introduced to track “total cards bought this round” on top of current count, that could be used instead of current count, eliminating the option of 9-card splurges.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Could someone explain to me why Stray Bullet is too powerful? As compared to just another element of strategy?

Honestly I reserved my opinion until I’d played it out for several weeks. I can absolutely do too much damage with it.

Prior to Stray Bullet you could destroy exposed scoops. Sometimes you had to work through Shield first, but most of the time people wanted to save their Shields until late in the week. So you plink Shields and then blow up scoops, but the person is still left with a good portion of their scoop earning effort preserved.

Stray Bullet is a very multi-functional card that always breaks even. You pay 4 scoops for a Stray Bullet. Using it *always* eliminates the 4 scoops your opponent paid for their card, there is no defense. They cannot plan ahead to Switcharoo scoops, their Switcharoo is gone. They cannot rebuild at half scoop, their Modest Improvements are gone. They cannot retaliate, all their destruction is gone.

It also eliminated the main reason for buying cards. Why does one pay 4 scoops for a Modest Improvement? That card purchase is a 2 scoop sacrifice, but it has always meant that those scoops are safe. Now they are not safe.

There is no reason to buy much of anything except The bumhole and Stray Bullet early in the week. I used 12 visits worth of scoops and wiped far more scoops than I earned from the board. I shouldn’t be able to take out 2 or 3 people who have earned as many if not more scoops than I did. That kind of thing is just going to make people decide there is no reason to bother playing.

Montressor

Avatar: 77535 Tue Jan 13 09:44:11 -0500 2009

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 37 Hacker

scully Posted:

That kind of thing is just going to make people decide there is no reason to bother playing.

Or, as I’ve said repeatedly, decide only to play at 8:50 PM Wednesday night late in their streak, which is the only way to win in high brackets these days, otherwise too many scoops get taken off the table.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

What scully said. Also the Stray Bullet makes it pretty much impossible for solo players or klanned players in hostile brackets to win. If I have a klannie in my bracket who’s willing to do the dirty work for me all he needs are about 300 scoops to wipe out the entire hand of cards of my worst competitor and destroy a lot of his scoops too. The perfect job for someone who has just started a new streak and has no chance to medal that week. But overpowered pistachio streaks are another problem that needs to be addressed.

Re dei sepol-
cri

Avatar: 94160 Sun Aug 02 22:32:53 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Amasius Posted:

A few suggestions for a rebalance and they should be easy and quick to implement:

1. This has been often suggested: bumholes should only hit for ten scoops if you have less than 10 scoops, else for five. (Or 8 and 4)
  2. The Stray Bullet is overpowered, it should similar to the bumhole only hit the player with the most cards. If two or more players have the same amount of cards one of them is chosen randomly
  3. The card limit made sense when it was introduced but especially with the Stray Bullet there is no reason for it anymore and having less hard caps can only be a good thing. Also if you have less than 10 cards they should cost only 3 scoops (to encourage people in the lower brackets to buy some cards and also to give a reason to play some cheap cards early on instead of just hoarding them), if you have 10-29 cards they should cost as usual four scoops and if you already have 30 cards every additional card should cost five scoops.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Amasius Posted:

1 is obviously ok.

2 and 3 are a bit mutually exclusive.

If 2+3, then hoards of cards become almost indestructible. 2 only sounds best for me.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Inconnu Posted:

1 is obviously ok.

2 and 3 are a bit mutually exclusive.

If 2+3, then hoards of cards become almost indestructible. 2 only sounds best for me.

Huh? If the Stray Bullet hits only the player with the most cards hoards of cards are very vulnerable, you might want to play some cards early and optimise your hand to avoid getting hit.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Amasius Posted:

My suggestion – let’s do this as a theme week (either separate or together) soon. There will probably be a little tweaking once it’s tried out.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!