Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface forum list interface.

Craft Bond

Avatar: 171435 Fri Apr 17 15:31:10 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

this could probably be done with a firefox extension, but is there anyway that we could possibly get an interface change in the future for our forums list? nothing terribly special. maybe list the time required for a Log in to see images!, mark whether or not this forum is currently in our active streak, or maybe we could get an indication of who that forum is pwned by.

most of these things could be done by clicking into other areas, but i guess this would make our lives a little easier.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Craft Bond Posted:

mark whether or not this forum is currently in our active streak

Please do this.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Suggested and rejected many times due to the performance hit.

Use Neona’s Streak Marker on http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Forumwarz_External_Utilities

Also, OP: The person who pwned a thread most recently is listed if you expand details.

Only new suggestion you have is to show the time needed for Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Only new suggestion you have is to show the time needed for Log in to see images!

Not necessary, but useful to know what targets you’re aiming for, and how much and why you’re failing.

I don’t understand why the streak information would mean a performance hit, when streaks are calculated on the server anyway. You’re already doing the calculation each time a new forum is pwned, so it’s just a matter of storing and reusing that information efficiently, which may also cut down on recalculation costs. It certainly seems like a solvable problem to me anyway.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 05/05/2009 4:58PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I don’t understand why the streak information would mean a performance hit

Forums are stored in one table. Your streaks, consisting only of forums you pwned (not the whole list), are stored in another table. To display that information means JOINing the two tables EACH AND EVERY time a user loads one of those pages.

Of course, a view with an automatically updated index with does the JOIN would pretty much solve that problem, so I guess Ihave the same question you do now Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!