Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Speedrun Changes

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Fortunato Posted:

But wait.

First, number of threads in a forum can be checked without using a visit. Someone will just write a utility that checks them then. Second, would it be that difficult to make speedruns a measure of average attacks per thread as opposed to overall total number of attacks?

speedurns already are influednced by number of therads

not suer why the change to the forumal would make people behanve diferently

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Fortunato Posted:

But wait.

First, number of threads in a forum can be checked without using a visit. Someone will just write a utility that checks them then. Second, would it be that difficult to make speedruns a measure of average attacks per thread as opposed to overall total number of attacks?

This. Average attacks per thread, or possibly the inverse of it, should be the weight variable that ET was talking about.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

As someone who plays a hacker, I too want to see this implemented as soon as possible.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m not sure, I think I like the random number of threads as is right now. It is hard to predict, but that is part of the challenge, right?

It’s currently virtually impossible to predict. If player speed is factored out and gameplay remains decision free, it would be the sole thing which dictates whether you get lemons or not.

If the information were somehow available the player could make on the fly decisions about which forums to run.

If the player had some limited control thread count, he or make some kind of tradeoff – e.g. if an item slot is taken by something which affects thread count, it would be a choice of less stats vs less threads, which may be worse or better for the player depending on the forum. A special item with high repair costs (equip it for the wrong forum and you’ll pay a high price) which in turn gives you less threads, less moar files, less deliveries as a trade for more lemon, would also be another way of limiting new flezz coming into the economy.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 05/11/2009 4:55AM

Sapper

Avatar: 8525 2009-12-20 17:41:27 -0500

[So ronery]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Some forums also have harder threads in them. Rather then thread count alone, account for the total Ego of the forum when it is opened in the formula somewhere, and you might be able to get an accurate reflection of PWNAGE vs speed.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Interesting, now people can prep forums for solo raiding since it won’t matter if we sit on the last attack. Same with klan raids, if klan raiding ever returns.

itachi92

Level 23 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

i think emo kids shouldn’t have damage subtracted/ should have damage not matter as MUCH as others, since they will want to have lots of damage done to be more effective.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

they still have powerful enough attacks in their own right.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!