Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Random Rollovers: What do you think?

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

I’m not sure I like the idea of choosing your hour, unless we have some sort of limit. We could end up with clumps, which would partially defeat the point of this. I’d rather see something where we can choose a span of some number of hours and then semi-random within those bounds.

Razzlesnaff

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Randomness is my preference. Can’t wait for this! >.>

Virtual_Eyes

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 13 Camwhore

Whiny, yet arrogant.

Marvelous idea, Mr. Trout. I don’t think the Sisterhood has any issue with it. We’ll pwn you all anyway, even though rollovers will be at weird hours.

BlazeKnowsWO-
RA

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

If this were a democracy, I would vote for this idea. Anything that cuts down on the lag is an improvement. And thanks for the extra visits!

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

I don’t see random rollovers being an issue to me. I don’t even hit this site until about noon when I’m on my lunch break. Also in a weird way it’d be nice to have different hours that I could play.

Right now I’m used to wasting all my forum visits on my lunch break. It’d be nice every once in a while to have to wait until I come home and waste my time later in the day.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I think it’s a great idea. Morning folks can still blow their wads in the morning.

(Not that I realy care, you know. Morning people make me all Log in to see images!

BTW, Mr Trout, I Log in to see images! ur new suit! I want one just like that, but with boobie-space, to make my tinytots look bigger!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Little Fawn

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Hehe, I actually logged the extra two forum visits as a bug, thinking that the repeated error messages this morning might have had something to do with my visits not being recorded properly. I’m glad it wasn’t a bug though and thank you for those extra visits.

As to the topic at hand, a random rollover time works for me.

ParadoxContr-
ol

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

sounds good to me boss!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

I like it. I like the idea of choosing rollover as well, but won’t complain if it’s just random.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Starfang_42 Posted:

I’m not sure I like the idea of choosing your hour, unless we have some sort of limit. We could end up with clumps, which would partially defeat the point of this. I’d rather see something where we can choose a span of some number of hours and then semi-random within those bounds.

Most of our traffic comes from North America, I think it was 90% last time I checked. If people could choose their rollovers we’d probably get a lot of clumping around highly desirable playing hours.

Then again, maybe not. I think what I’ll do is focus on getting the 24 hour rollovers working properly first, since choosing your rollover is really just an extension of that.

Al Kusanagi

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

For me the rollover happens around 10pm, so that’s a pretty decent time for my playing schedule, but you gotta do what’s best for the game. I say go for it.

Hoodie

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Why not just make it so that you get 1 visit every 6 hours? That way you aren’t subject to the RNG as to when you get your visits. You get one at 12, one at 6am, one at noon, one at 6pm. or hell, switch it up a bit.

That way you’d probably have people playing all day, as opposed to all at once.

edit: you could also make it so that after pwning a forum, you get your deliveries 6 hours afterwards. that would keep people on the site all day, but not TOO much.

Hoodie edited this message on 03/11/2008 1:34AM

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

that would probably fix the problem. I don’t think people are gonna stop visiting at 7, (or in my case 9 EST,) because we have that routine where we hunker down and cash out junk, and spend spend spend our visits…

but its a good idea to separate that from the time when servers are cranking out the algorithms.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Web 2.0 junkies are always so happy that they’re following 37signals web standards until the see the bill.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I was wondering where those 2 forum visits came from. Thanks! And I decided I’ll stop playing late at night (4am for me) because it just gets too laggy for me. Insomnia is a ****.

This is a good idea, even if we don’t get to pick our times. Makes my nipples hard just thinking about it.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

I think the biggest deal is deliveries. Deliveries is what makes me login in the mornings, not forum visits.

I would recommend that you randomize deliveries somewhat.

Maybe you could provide an incentive to players to log in at certain times rather than force them to do it. That’d be the ideal way for everyone.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well deliveries happen at rollover too.

so randomizing rollover would randomize deliveries.

SlaveToAngui-
sh

[RPG Codex]

Level 15 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Staggered or random rollovers are a very good idea. No complaints about that.

007Bistromath

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Evil Trout Posted:

wordswordswords

Sure sign that this is a great idea: I came in here thinking you meant a completely different thing by “random rollovers,” and wrote the first two sentences of a post describing your idea as my own and better than yours before actually reading your post.

007Bistromath edited this message on 03/11/2008 8:04AM

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sounds like a decent idea, go for it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!