Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Random Rollovers: What do you think?

Flaming-Rash

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’m all for the staggered rollovers; especially if we could choose.

Maybe give each account/user a choice of 3?

Domination brackets following rollover is a great idea, but you’d need to make sure the choice (if given) of times was a once only, or at least once a week thing. I suppose you could let people change their time only if they had no scoops?

Duroth

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

+1

AnnHilato16

[sad panda]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

Well each account that signs up would be bumigned a random number between 1-24 that would designate the hour of the day their rollover would take effect.

Then there would be a countdown clock on their character page (or somewhere else) that would say how many hours to go until their new visits come.

Then instead of running the deliveries and stuff overnight, they would happen every hour for the users with that time.

Shiny.

Abyssinth Posted:

Put people into domination brackets based on their refresh times, then you don’t have issues with domination.

What for? This doesn’t make domination any more random or unbalanced than it currently is.

People getting rollovers before a round is about to end are no more different than people entering a round with 12 stored visits.

Hooper_X

[PoE]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Works for me. Of course, I’m up at 7 AM on weekdays ANYWAY. If other people can decide to rollover at noon, hey, more bandwidth for me.

(also, yay visits)

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

comment redacted
aSh-gangSTA-685 edited this message on 12/05/2010 3:30PM

SexiiLegz

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Would be good if we got a choice. If people could choose, say, an 8 hour slot of the day and the rollover would occur between them?

I’m thinking for us Euro and International players. Of course. Log in to see images!

Razzlesnaff

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Is the Random Rollover idea going anywhere? Haven’t heard anything in awhile.

Did someone vote your **** down Evil Trout? Log in to see images! Razzlesnaff edited this message on 03/12/2008 9:20PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Razzlesnaff Posted:

Is the Random Rollover idea going anywhere? Haven’t heard anything in awhile.

Did someone vote your **** down Evil Trout? Log in to see images!

It’s going to be done Log in to see images! I just have some other things to get to first. I’ve done a lot of work lately to speed up lag during site maintenance, and I’m curious to see how it will affect this evening’s / tomorrow morning.

Even if it does work though, spreading out rollovers is a good idea anyway.

radtse

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

A simple solution could be to limit the possible hours for rollovers to less than 24. Maybe 22 or 23, since the end of a domination round will probably have alot of lag. That way everyone will have gotten their turns at least two hours before the end of the domination round.

It’s pretty simple, but it’s not perfect.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Another idea is instead of giving everyone 4 visits per day, give them 1 visit every 6 hours. So yeah, a “minor” rollover every 6 hours.

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

I’m not sure if it’s possible, but has anyone considered posting a static maintenance page and taking the site offline for a few minutes each day to accommodate a speedy rollover?

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

markchild Posted:

I’m not sure if it’s possible, but has anyone considered posting a static maintenance page and taking the site offline for a few minutes each day to accommodate a speedy rollover?

Yeah, cause that’s so a better solution than no downtime at all.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

I was just thinking in terms of lag. People gripe about not being able to get yellow scoops because of lag. I’m certainly not suggesting that it’s the only solution, just throwing it out there.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Skyreal Posted:

Another idea is instead of giving everyone 4 visits per day, give them 1 visit every 6 hours. So yeah, a “minor” rollover every 6 hours.

This doesn’t solve the problems with deliveries though. Although perhaps they could be stepped out as well? Interesting…

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

This doesn’t solve the problems with deliveries though. Although perhaps they could be stepped out as well? Interesting…

The problem with stepping out deliveries is then you’d have to really rethink how to deliver the high-priced ones, if the theory that it’s your great timesulative credit that determines your deliveries, rather than having them determined forum-by-forum. Of course, that’s just a theory…

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Ugh, I hate the idea of 1 visit every 6 hours. People will end up stalking the site just to use that 1 visit when they can, especially if they manage to get one before the Domination round ends. I’d much prefer to have all 4 visits at one go.

*pokes at the new counter*

windandwater edited this message on 03/13/2008 3:48PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

The problem with stepping out deliveries is then you’d have to really rethink how to deliver the high-priced ones, if the theory that it’s your great timesulative credit that determines your deliveries, rather than having them determined forum-by-forum. Of course, that’s just a theory…

Yes this is also true. Right now it basically adds up all the cred you earned, then divides that cred into neat little rewards. It would still work in smaller segments, but the gifts would be a lot less interesting Log in to see images!

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I am also against one visit per hour, for reasons similar to the stated above.

Sides, I like the feeling of how things are; you wake up in the morning, check your mail, get your internet gifts *and* your adventures, same time, at the start of a glorious new day ^^ Just add randomized rollover.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Evil Trout Posted:

Yes this is also true. Right now it basically adds up all the cred you earned, then divides that cred into neat little rewards. It would still work in smaller segments, but the gifts would be a lot less interesting Log in to see images!

Only for the stalkers who use their one visit every 6 hours. For more casual players, it wouldn’t make any difference, except that they get their deliveries faster. They’d still log on and get their deliveries once a day, and the calculation would be the same, bumuming they used their visits within the same 6-hour slot.

EDIT: By the way, I borrowed this idea from strategy web-based games which have hourly rollovers, and hence hourly incomes.

Skyreal edited this message on 03/13/2008 4:37PM

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

By the way, rather than random rollover times, how well would the server load be staggered if it was divided by timezone? i.e. Rollover happens sometime between 3-5am, for the player, and they set their timezone in their profile. Least amount of people should be playing at that time anyways, and that way every player would have a completely lag-free during their account rollover experience =)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!