Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 The bubble troll game is unplayable

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

You actually said you weren’t going to buy a new computer. I think some people here were commenting on the operating system, which may be the primary issue, and upgrading doesn’t necessarily mean new computer.

Also, someone suggested trying a different browser, which could possibly solve the issue, which you flat out refused to do.

I’m not really sure what you want to accomplish in this thread anymore.

LROSENBERG19-

[WeChall]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Ok, so I tried it on Firefox and it worked, it seems that it won’t recognize key presses in Opera and so I bumumed it was trapped in an infinite loop and not doing anything.

But it still freezes firefox when it’s displaying text or doing invisible raytracing on a million polygon model

LROSENBERG1996 edited this message on 05/04/2009 11:41PM

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

So, Opera was the problem?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I’m curious why you don’t upgrade to service pack 2 or even 3? If you own a copy of windows it’s free. If you stole a copy of windows, steal a new copy. If I recall Corectly, SP2 was primarily put forth as a security wrap up to prevent things like worms and trojans. If you have an old operating system, do you have an old AV program also? You might be actually having these problems because of your refusal to upgrade your software. And BTW minimum requirements for lots of software are just guidelines, and stuff often runs on lesser machines at an acceptable level. (I wouldn’t be afraid of Chrome or SP2)

Edit: Just wanted to add a link in case you have never heard of this site:

(I believe they update windows the second Tuesday of every month)

Wylin edited this message on 05/04/2009 11:58PM

LROSENBERG19-

[WeChall]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I stole SP2 and burnt it on a disc but my computer is lacking a cd rom drive so I can’t do anything about it.

It’s already working.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

LROSENBERG1996 Posted:

I stole SP2 and burnt it on a disc but my computer is lacking a cd rom drive so I can’t do anything about it.

It’s already working.

People running unpatched software are often people who are sending out tons of spam and whatnot from their machines and do not know it. You may not be infected, but you should still try to be safe for the rest of the users of the internet.

Here is a link to the same thing your friend put on a cd:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers

What that means is you can download the whole thing and then click on it to run it, instead of it automatically installing while you download it.

Wylin edited this message on 05/05/2009 12:03AM

LROSENBERG19-

[WeChall]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

You don’t need to “convince” me to upgrade SP1, I’ll do it some day

Apex Badger

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

LROSENBERG1996 Posted:

By the way I was expecting someone to say something like “Hi I also have a pretty bad computer and couldn’t play the bubble troll game, but did XYZ and it worked”, then I’d do XYZ and say thank you very much. In the OP I say I’m not upgrading my PC so don’t suggest it and this is exactly what you people do.

You could download http://forumwarz.com/javascripts/bubble/bubble_troll.z8.js

Remove

processBase64Zcode('
from the start and
')
from the end and use a base 64 decoder app to convert it back to a z8 file so you can play it offline in a ‘real’ z8 interpreter.

Or you could upgrade your computer and os.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

You don’t have a CD rom drive.

Get a new ****ing computer. Period.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Lord Shplane Posted:

You don’t have a CD rom drive.

Get a new ****ing computer. Period.

he can always use a virtual drive instead. Sig taught me about those.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Adapt Posted:

Virtual drives are for things that you can find in internet disk image thingy form. You can’t find everything as one of those.

(Rest of the post is pointed at OP)

But seriously, no CD drive? What the hell? Most computers now have DVD drives at minimum. And you don’t even have a ****ing CD one?

Pretty much EVERYTHING COMES ON CD. You NEED TO UPGRADE.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Adapt Posted:

(I gave him the link to download the service pack, it’s not going to come as an image so he can just install it no problem without a drive)

As for why he’s against doing it? I dunno.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!