Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant A List of Things That Should Be Added to ForumWarz

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

Before I get the ball rolling, I know someone (i.e. TUBSWEETIE) is going to whine about me not putting this in the suggestion thread. Well, I did, a while ago, and to avoid being redundant, I’m posting it again here.

We all know a lot of things could be better about ForumWarz. Here I’ve put a few that are IMO most important.

► IDC should be flash-based. Less lag, and would allow for some other pretty cool stuff.

► There need to be different kinds of bans. For example, someone who is caught hacking should get a full ban. On the other hand, someone who trolls in IDC or Flamebate should only be banned from that particular feature. It’s unfair to be banned for 3 days for a Flamebate post and miss Domination and lose 2 medals (personal experience, kthnx).

► We need a better IDC filter. I mean, it’s too easy to spam. Personally I think that any message longer than 2 lines should be blocked. I could deal with spam if it were only one or two lines long. Besides, people on IDC don’t normally post 80+ characters in one message.

► Klans need to be more than just groups that can raid. There needs to be klan-based domination, and klan e-peen should lengthen everyone’s e-peen that belongs to aforementioned klan. Therefore, the more peen a klan has, the more people would want to join it, to make their own peen longer.

► Poll results should be in bar form, not number.

I’ll be adding more as I get to thinking of them.

AtomicScripter edited this message on 05/02/2009 7:04PM

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

1. Anything is better than the IDC we have now D:

2. If I understand what you’re saying, yes, I like this.

3. Can’t say much, haven’t been in IDC enough.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

1) why should evil trout re-write something that is functional in a language he isn’t familiar with. He might be, but the entire site is java and Ruby and ajax so it’s a no-brainer to have an ajax chat.

2) different kinds of bans have been suggested loads of times through better channels.

3) /ignore. apparently it works properly now so use it. IDC isn’t a constructive chat anyway.

keep your suggestions in the suggestion thread. the whole point of a centralized thread is to AVOID having lots of ‘i have suggestions’ threads that clog up GD. feel free to bump it with ideas or tubmail ET

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

Tubs, just because you don’t like me doesn’t mean you have to bash me. Anyway, I have like 30 of these brainfarts that I intend to post here.

Also,

1) I can code AS3 and work Flash fine. I suggested it, and I never said I’d make ET do it.

2) So many people suggest it because it’s a good idea.

3) IDC AND incit-chat need this feature.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

keep your suggestions in the suggestion thread. the whole point of a centralized thread is to AVOID having lots of ‘i have suggestions’ threads that clog up GD. feel free to bump it with ideas or tubmail ET

There are regularly suggestions throughout game discussion, and this is the first time I’ve seen a mod suggest we should only post suggestions there.

Tubmailing ET defeats the purpose of having a suggestions thread. The only reason to do so would be if he didn’t read it.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

I’m not trying to bash you. I don’t think it’s necessary to make new suggestion threads and apart from the one that is already being discussed among the modsquad I gave my opinions.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

There are regularly suggestions throughout game discussion, and this is the first time I’ve seen a mod suggest we should only post suggestions there.

Tubmailing ET defeats the purpose of having a suggestions thread. The only reason to do so would be if he didn’t read it.

i meant like if bumping isn’t good enough to tm him a link or something.

i dont like dupe threads Log in to see images!

especially because it’s generally known that ET isn’t likely to see them.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 05/02/2009 1:06PM

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

AtomicScripter Posted:

1) I can code AS3 and work Flash fine. I suggested it, and I never said I’d make ET do it.

2) So many people suggest it because it’s a good idea.

3) IDC AND incit-chat need this feature.

1) well it’s ET’s call on who gets to create game internal game content. i can’t speak for him there

2) it’s being addressed along with a mbumive pile of other issues. believe it or not people, there is stuff going on behind the scenes Log in to see images!

3) they both have it :/ Don’t they? I popped into INCIT and ignored people just now.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Duplication is inevitable. If players are tming ET their amazing new ideas, then that is also duplication, should he actually some day decide to read the forums. And without dev participation in the forums, making suggestions at all is rather pointless.

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

Tubs, what I mean is an automatic spam blocker, not an ignore feature. That does come in handy though. Log in to see images!

Anyone want to comment on #4?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

AtomicScripter Posted:

Tubs, what I mean is an automatic spam blocker, not an ignore feature. That does come in handy though. Log in to see images!

Why do you need a spam blocker when you got an ignore feature? I honestly don’t get it.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

AtomicScripter Posted:

Anyone want to comment on #4?

agree that klans need to be more than an extra forum, but not sure on that epeen stuff

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

2) it’s being addressed along with a mbumive pile of other issues. believe it or not people, there is stuff going on behind the scenes Log in to see images!

I brought this up awhile ago, where it’d be a very good idea just to make a thread on flamebate of a list of known bugs issues and problems, and a second list of things that are on the agenda to be worked on.

That way, there’ll be a lot less dupe threads of “I HAVE AN IDEA” and such, which have been suggested several hundred times before, and is already being worked on.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Does anyone read it? It seems that if you want your idea considered then it is best to make a thread. You make a thread and it gets discussed among the players. The idea gets fleshed out and easier to judge it than through one post.

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

was Posted:

Does anyone read it? It seems that if you want your idea considered then it is best to make a thread. You make a thread and it gets discussed among the players. The idea gets fleshed out and easier to judge it than through one post.

signed…

twas

Level 35 Troll

was Posted:

You know. I was hoping to get a remark on this.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

l0ooks like flamebate communtiy just counterd your logic

twas

Level 35 Troll

Your post reminded me that I don’t really care about all this stuff.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

What does happen to the suggestions made in GD? Consolidated by diligent mods and presented to ET for efficient consideration? Or all filed under the ignore pile? It seems the only effective way to get attention for your contributions is to pick a fight.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

What does happen to the suggestions made in GD? Consolidated by diligent mods and presented to ET for efficient consideration? Or all filed under the ignore pile?

Neither, it’s not seen half the time, when it is seen they give the message “There’s already a thread for this”, and proceed to never look at it again.

Sergalfabulous person

Avatar: 159466 2010-01-31 21:04:10 -0500

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 69 Troll

OH GOD SPIDERS

Flash is for pussies and is an easy and lazy alternative, who cares if you can do more stuff with flash? If they convert to flash Forumwarz will be just like all the other lame browser games out there. The fact that this game’s effects are all scripted with Ruby, a lot of crafty Javascript and clever CSS is what makes this game so appealing to some, because it’s different. In my opinion it takes much more programming prowess to create a motion tween with the usage of Javascript.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!