Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Animu The saddest thing in the world.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

I guess the saddest thing I have ever seen was when I had to do some charity work for a school thing.

I volunteered at a care home for the elderly and it was fairly depressing for most of the week but it kind of all came to a head for me on the last day I was supposed to work there.

There was very elderly woman there in here late 90’s with dementia and part of my duties were to feed the residents that needed to be fed.

The whole experience started sad when I saw the beaming look in her eyes when she saw the modest pudding she had been given. To see such innocent excitement from something so small come from this woman only highlighted how empty her life must have been.

So I started to spoon-feed her this pudding and she was eating it well enough, but all the while she kept asking me when her son was coming to visit her again. Her son had actually died from a heart attack a few years previously, but because of her condition she had forgotten he had died. So I just had to tell her he was visiting ‘later on’ I choked up a bit each time I lied to her. She must have asked about 5 or 6 times when he was coming.

After she stopped asking about her son and I had finished feeding her this pudding she looked me dead square in the eyes and said in all sincerity ‘Thanks a lot Mum’ (means mom Americans). The fact that she was such a broken woman she actually thought I was her mother feeding her just brought it home to me the amount of human tragedy that lies in age. I just kissed her forehead and said ‘That’s ok Love’

Other highlights of the week included people just like you and me, weeping into porridge bowls and forgetting the names of their husbands and wives they have loved for decades.

So I will conclude that from this experience age is one of the saddest things of all, especially when I heard some of the incredible things some of the residents had done in their lives. Watching humans rot in front of your eyes is difficult.

Cliffs

*Worked at care home for a school week

*Had to spoonfeed old lady with dementia

*Kept asking me when her dead son was visiting because she had forgotten he died

*She called me mum when I had finished. (I’m a dude, that’s how ****ed up she was)

*Entire home was full of misery

*Once proud and productive people rotting before my eyes

*Age = Sadness

Auser edited this message on 05/08/2009 12:37PM

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Auser (Asylum story), AntiRules (Animal Crossing) and JMac (Living Without a Head) made me shiver… holy ****.

The god of f-
ail

Level 14 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

The cancer that is killing /b/.

Pieter888

Avatar: 176070 Sat Jun 06 04:13:38 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I find the saddest thing in the world that we are actually trying to figure that out.

Who cares sad thing happen in the world? Rather put your efforts into something good.

I know it all sounds vague and stuff but it’s true, we should not have made this threat. In fact, we should start another threat called “The most awesome thing in the world”.

cheers

-Pieter

PS: No, I’m not emo…

Lummilux

[WeChall]

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

my life

Tweezer510

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Miss Prince Posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That little bird-esque thing TOTALLY an hero’d! That made me rofl. The dog without legs wasn’t even that sad, btw.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I’ll end this tomorrow.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Rage_**** Posted:

AntiRules (Animal Crossing) made me shiver… holy ****.

awesome.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Ug, that animal crossing thing was kind of sad the first time I saw it. But I never really thought it was that amazing tbh.

B0xxy

Avatar: 170379 Mon Apr 13 23:12:14 -0400 2009

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

The god of fail Posted:

You rang?

****tard

Avatar: 164527 2010-01-24 16:15:19 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 37 Camwhore

moo

This song tells a sad story:

Gist of the story:

A man steals a horse, but gets caught and brought before a judge, who sentences him to death. His daughter hears of this and brings all her money to try to free her father, but the judge tells her the only way he’ll let her father go free is if she has sex with him. The girl’s father tells her not to do it, but out of love for her father, the girl sleep with the judge. She wakes up the next morning to see her father’s body hanging from a tree – the judge had hung him anyway.

bitchtard edited this message on 05/09/2009 2:37AM

User was banned for this post

The nerd o powa was banned for this post by Evil Trout

The nerd o powa edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Crecon

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

also, i know the contest is “over”

but i figured one more entry wouldn’t hurt

plus i think this one is actually really sad.

so here goes

It’s long i know

But definetly worth it, (sad story about world war 2.)

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

The god of fail Posted:

This.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Okay contest is over. Prize has been awarded. Shows over. Can’t stay here.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

who won

twas

Level 35 Troll

No one wins in this contest. Though, I should add that besides the original purse, I added a 1 bp consolation prize.

warjoke

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

The god of fail Posted:

this

Grapplejack

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

was Posted:

No one wins in this contest. Though, I should add that besides the original purse, I added a 1 bp consolation prize.

Glad I could be of service. was it the kid at the birthday party or the dog?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!