Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Randomly picked Itembuildr winners get the peen?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Okay, it’s one thing to **** about random text and images getting picked just to get an item into play. But to give the people who created that text and image credit for the win in both name and peen is absolutely ridiculous, given that it’s a seemingly completely random choice.

Please fix the code to not give credit where credit isn’t due. I’ll gladly remove the peens if all such “winners” can be identified.

Shroomsday

Level 61 Camwhore

“Sergeant Slutter”

I honestly don’t see why there can’t be a quick bandaid solution to the downvoting problem, avoiding this whole issue in the first place. As a stop gap, just moving the -5 limit to something like -20 or more would allow some actual competition. It’s absurdly easy for a reasonably small group to **** over the entire list of entries early on.

Instead of anything like that getting at temporary fix, we have a coding improvement that’s made little to no difference. Still pumping out similar stat items that no one has any reason to buy. Only have to look at the recent winners to see that there’s two effectively identical stat Hacker and Emo pairs of items. And now we’ve got another Emo being duplicated in stats with another tattoo at +6 Offense/Defense.

Shroomsday edited this message on 04/29/2009 4:35PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Shroomsday Posted:

I honestly don’t see why there can’t be a quick bandaid solution to the downvoting problem

Please don’t make this yet another thread about downvoting or other problems with itmebuildr. There are enough of those. Leave this one as a discussion about whether the peens earned for the random choices are deserved or not.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Leave this one as a discussion about whether the peens earned for the random choices are deserved or not.

Not deserved.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I say remove them, as they obviously don’t deserve it (provided they were picked truly randomly), and do it reasonably quickly too. It sucks to have an E-Peen taken away when you’ve had it for a while.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I think the item with the most upvotes should win. I’m saying this because I must have had the most upvotes on my 2009 glbumes Log in to see images!

Oh wait… I was robbed Log in to see images!

Shroomsday

Level 61 Camwhore

“Sergeant Slutter”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Please don’t make this yet another thread about downvoting or other problems with itmebuildr. There are enough of those. Leave this one as a discussion about whether the peens earned for the random choices are deserved or not.

They’re not, but then they’re not two different subjects. By the logic that the voting can be so easily fixed, you could argue that no one really deserves them. I suppose it hardly matters.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Remove them. Random peens are stupid.

They need to freeze the voting if it gets down to one last submission.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I had the last standing image for the medical eye patch, I was surprised when the other image got picked =/

My vote count was at 0 when the 2nd image hit -5.

The votes should freeze once there is only one submission for the time being.

Also the last item idea standing was the lolita shoes or something like that.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 04/29/2009 7:47PM

Kitten-Face

Avatar: 173378 Sat May 16 15:08:01 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

If my item (Pleather Thigh Highs) was chosen this week at random, which I suspect it was as my score was in the negative, feel free to take away my Patent Pending peen. I’d rather get it honestly than have it handed to me randomly.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Kitten-Face Posted:

If my item (Pleather Thigh Highs) was chosen this week at random, which I suspect it was as my score was in the negative, feel free to take away my Patent Pending peen. I’d rather get it honestly than have it handed to me randomly.

Hey look a cool person, let them keep it for being cool Log in to see images!

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Mark Twain once said “It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them.”

Hey kitten-face believes in marktwainism!

Colonel Bear edited this message on 04/29/2009 10:01PM

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Largehardoncollider Posted:

I think the item with the most upvotes should win.

If CZ were to go with this idea, we think it’s also earned enough that they could keep the ePeen. If nothing is liked enough to remain, the most liked thing that was eliminated is a fair winner.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay, it’s one thing to **** about random text and images getting picked just to get an item into play. But to give the people who created that text and image credit for the win in both name and peen is absolutely ridiculous, given that it’s a seemingly completely random choice.

Please fix the code to not give credit where credit isn’t due. I’ll gladly remove the peens if all such “winners” can be identified.

I don’t see what the big deal here is. All I am seeing here is individuals who are a little upset about the fact that someone random got a peen due to the destructive behavior of mbum downvoting, which was remedied by someone picking a random winner.

— To the staff: If you really do think it is unfair for random players to get the peen because they are picked as a winner, fine. However, given the nature of the game and the peen system I fail to see how the staff should be concerned about it given the tone of your replies to the complaints about the nature of the falcon****er mission.

— To the users: If you want to see less downvoting then stop downvoting. If you are jealous because some random got a person got a peen, oh well, I have yet to see one of the random winners complain. Sounds to me like you either need to accept it and move on or try to be funnier with your next submission.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Xylon Posted:

— To the users: If you want to see less downvoting then stop downvoting. If you are jealous because some random got a person got a peen, oh well, I have yet to see one of the random winners complain. Sounds to me like you either need to accept it and move on or try to be funnier with your next submission.

O.k, I will stop down voting stuff, oh wait I can’t because everything is down voted to -5 within the first couple hours.

It’s not the general people down voting, it’s most likely a group trying to prove something. It’s not by coincidence that all the items have been down voted. The random winners complain? Why would they?

Shii Posted:

Remove them. Random peens are stupid.

I’m gay is not stupid! Log in to see images! CrinkzPipe edited this message on 04/30/2009 2:25AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

MC Banhammer Posted:

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

So what I’m hearing is that I’ve not paid enough attention to all the Itembuildr threads and that the winning submissions are random when nothing makes it to the top? I honestly though that it would be the one with the most upvotes by the end. Is this seriously not the case? Is it possible for someone with 1 up/6 down to win against someone with 16 up/25 down?

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Mostly signed. Frankly, I’d still prefer just not to publish the item at all if no name or image manages to even stay in positive votes.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!